Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

14 hours ago, Stunnah said:

good lord do you want her to flop even harder? 

:suburban:katy can't even reach #1 on Billboard Dance Charts nowadays wdym 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

1 hour ago, CameraFlashes said:

:suburban:katy can't even reach #1 on Billboard Dance Charts nowadays wdym 

Because this random chart was suspended in 2020. 

• Haha 3

Tell me guys honestly, Do you think the wonderful 21 savage can save Katy's era ?

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Magno said:

Tell me guys honestly, Do you think the wonderful 21 savage can save Katy's era ?

Katy can't eb saved at this point, not even with an A list

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ok, so... i was rooting for Katy at the beggining and i think pretty much lots of people were before the whole mess of releasing Woman's World as a lead.

I don't think WW is the worst song of all time as many people act like it is, it's just... inoffensive radio fodder and probably this was their intention while launching it. However, the lyrics are a bunch of IG captions made for soccer moms that would be more effective in 2016. Attaching Luke to it made it even worse because the song would be dragged even if he didn't had a hand on it, so it was an announced tragedy :rip:

Then Lifetimes came and as much as i think it's a bop, it's too repetitive and has zero personality. I get it, it's just a dance song, but literally could've been a Sigala song with vocals by Rita Ora, Ella Eyre or any other girl from Europe chasing for a quick hit. I love basic bops like that and i enjoy the song but Katy always brings her personality to her music for better or for worse... and there's nothing here.

As of the album's snippets, Gorgeous sounds like a Unholy rehash (and she even got Kim to do it so it looks even more obvious), Nirvana sounds like a Eurovision entry from 2014, Crush and IHHM both have a similar chorus, GG is the most "promising" one but i just know people will tear her apart for the "daddy" line :rip:

I feel like the album has nothing to say. It's like she received the beats and then just came with whatever surface-level lyrics to sing on them and that's it. I know it's a dance album and i don't care for lyrics in general if i like the melodies and the beat (i'll listen to this album a LOT at the gym) but Katy usually brings some effort to her music even if it doesn't always succeed; there's always a message, or something related to her personally... and this time apparently there's nothing.

But anyways, i feel like people do too much on her and if this is the album she got in mind she would be on a hate train even without Luke. She's not helping her case but i hope something somehow sticks so this era doesn't feel like a complete waste.

QKhBqBc.gif

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Ok, so... i was rooting for Katy at the beggining and i think pretty much lots of people were before the whole mess of releasing Woman's World as a lead.

I don't think WW is the worst song of all time as many people act like it is, it's just... inoffensive radio fodder and probably this was their intention while launching it. However, the lyrics are a bunch of IG captions made for soccer moms that would be more effective in 2016. Attaching Luke to it made it even worse because the song would be dragged even if he didn't had a hand on it, so it was an announced tragedy :rip:

Then Lifetimes came and as much as i think it's a bop, it's too repetitive and has zero personality. I get it, it's just a dance song, but literally could've been a Sigala song with vocals by Rita Ora, Ella Eyre or any other girl from Europe chasing for a quick hit. I love basic bops like that and i enjoy the song but Katy always brings her personality to her music for better or for worse... and there's nothing here.

As of the album's snippets, Gorgeous sounds like a Unholy rehash (and she even got Kim to do it so it looks even more obvious), Nirvana sounds like a Eurovision entry from 2014, Crush and IHHM both have a similar chorus, GG is the most "promising" one but i just know people will tear her apart for the "daddy" line :rip:

I feel like the album has nothing to say. It's like she received the beats and then just came with whatever surface-level lyrics to sing on them and that's it. I know it's a dance album and i don't care for lyrics in general if i like the melodies and the beat (i'll listen to this album a LOT at the gym) but Katy usually brings some effort to her music even if it doesn't always succeed; there's always a message, or something related to her personally... and this time apparently there's nothing.

But anyways, i feel like people do too much on her and if this is the album she got in mind she would be on a hate train even without Luke. She's not helping her case but i hope something somehow sticks so this era doesn't feel like a complete waste.

QKhBqBc.gif

I agree with all of this :deadbanana:

I was perched and then I was not.

Truly a wasted era.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 days until the moment that will either save the situation a little, or punch a hole in the boat and it will start sinking even faster. My version is that at the VMAs she will say some stupid thing for which she will be blamed.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

VMA is literally her last chance :deadbanana2:

42 minutes ago, Bends said:

3 days until the moment that will either save the situation a little, or punch a hole in the boat and it will start sinking even faster. My version is that at the VMAs she will say some stupid thing for which she will be blamed.

Don't act surprise, she will be blamed for the most little insignificant detail anyway and regardless, so who cares atp. Let's enjoy her deserved moment! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just read on Ig that Max Martin is a producer of Gorgeous and Cirkut&Stargate are ones for Wonder. Idk where this info came from. 

2 hours ago, Bends said:

I think it will do absolutely nothing tbh. Both the VMA's and Katy have a very reduced relevance. The only artists that will benefit from their performance are the ones who are already hot and viral and just need fresh HQ content for their followers to interact with 

2 hours ago, Bends said:

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

VMA is literally her last chance :deadbanana2:

The VMAs are going to be a very critical event for her. Sure, the award itself is not nearly as big of a culture moment itself as it used to be (like Katy herself), but it will undoubtedly be talked about.

She has a chance to remind the audience who KATY PERRY is beyond all the negative media and attention she's had for the past two months. It could also be good as it will serve nostalgia. Depending on her performance's and overall reception, I could see them taking advantage and announcing a tour shortly after in the coming days.

1 hour ago, FabForAThrowback said:

I've just read on Ig that Max Martin is a producer of Gorgeous and Cirkut&Stargate are ones for Wonder. Idk where this info came from. 

All of the songwriters' credits are out. Technically they are just writers, so we assume they're the producers too. I would be a little surprised to see Max Martin co-producing a song with Dr. Luke in 2024, but then again, it is 2024 so anything goes.

• Thanks 1

bffr the only thing y'all are getting out of the VMA's is some viral tiktoks of her performing teenage dream and LFN:jonnycat:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She needs to pull a good VMAs performance!

People are taking this era too seriously just enjoy the music 😩

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KK_Lover said:

People are taking this era too seriously just enjoy the music 😩

I don't think it's about that..people were ready to have fun with her until they weren't anymore. It was very clear.

12 minutes ago, bruninho said:

I don't think it's about that..people were ready to have fun with her until they weren't anymore. It was very clear.

it's more like people were ready to have fun but her haters keep ruining any excitement or hype with their incessant drags and repetitive insults

too many fans are unable to focus on the music and visuals because they see everything through the lense of success and acclaim, like they need validation for their stanning :duck:

discussions about katy are never in the vein of "oh i dont vibe with this song, it's whatever" but instead "she wants to ruin her career, this dr luke song wont chart and she should scrap the whole era and retire to minimise damage to her streams" like they're losing money or sleep over some pop singer 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Do we know if she will push any song on album's debut day?

Just now, PrismaticFluff said:

it's more like people were ready to have fun but her haters keep ruining any excitement or hype with their incessant drags and repetitive insults

too many fans are unable to focus on the music and visuals because they see everything through the lense of success and acclaim, like they need validation for their stanning :duck:

discussions about katy are never in the vein of "oh i dont vibe with this song, it's whatever" but instead "she wants to ruin her career, this dr luke song wont chart and she should scrap the whole era and retire to minimise damage to her streams" like they're losing money or sleep over some pop singer 

I'm sorry but I see fans let down (me being one of them), I see people that weren't fans nor haters also let down...Let's not pretend that the Dr Luke thing wasn't A HUGE DEAL for a lot of people, and also WW with those verses.

And she's not the only one who receives these types of comments, you know that...fan bases in general are really toxic towards other female singers.

• Thumbs Down 1

i hope she tones down the camp for the vma performance. ik it's kinda her brand atp, but twitter will rip her a new one if she goes over the top - and that's the opposite of what she needs now :deadbanana: just give us a great medley with good vocals and choreo pleeek

1 hour ago, PrismaticFluff said:

The haters really did ruin everything for the fans. They're just awful. I hope karma comes to bite them in the ass.

• Haha 1

if you let your excitement get ruined by a bunch of random people online it's on you lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I'm just here for that Kim Petras track. Crossing my fingers for it to be one of those leaked demos but I doubt it lol (Dip into the candy - Bikini Babe) 

9 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

QKhBqBc.gif

mte, i'm all about separating art from the artist but in this case the music just isn't good, everything we've heard from this era sounds like it could be a Becky Hill song from 3 years ago, and the few tracks that don't all have the same tired trap beat that every song back in 2018 did, no lyrical substance whatsoever either, which like, it's Katy Perry, that was expected, but atleast her dumb lyrical choices in the past showcased some personality while this album feels like nothing but soulless chatgpt creations 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Guys, i Don't Know How To explain This (specially cause English is Not my first language) but i have someone in MarketPlace from my city that claims that already had the vinyl target edition. Im Not from usa, but here is pretty commonly that there's people who dedicates to resale batches of stuff from t@rget or Walmart, so she got the Target versions of several albums that are soon to be launched. The most interesting part is that she posted that she is selling albums from october, such as halsey's álbum, shawn's álbum, joe Jonas álbum and 143. I already reach her and she told me that indeed she got physical copies and she already sell "the great impersonator" copy so i told her that she is able to share the contact of the person that sold him/her/they to see if its acurrate. Also she told me that someone It's already interested to get 143. So more information further the day

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.