Twitter/X debuts horrible app update

Cesar

3 hours ago, LittleCupid said:

I still use Twitter because my friends are in there, but this week my timeline was filled with right wing garbage and shark bite pictures (no matter how much I say it is not relevant) so I'm thinking of quitting.

Instagram is terrible now too and Threads is not fun.

i also noticed that, i started seeing some questionable sheet in my timeline and i was baffled 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, gatito said:

i also noticed that, i started seeing some questionable sheet in my timeline and i was baffled 

It's probably done on purpose since we're closer to election time. My filters for "Biden" and "Trump" don't seem to be working either.

If there was a better alternative I would have left when they pinned the PragerU anti trans ad to the explore tab last year.

4 hours ago, LittleCupid said:

The gay stuff I saw might have been a joke but here is a screenshot of his actual likes.

Elon is literally the biggest manchild on this planet, is even doubly worse bc he has the capabilities, the wealth and resources to do actual great things for this world..but he chooses to throw temper tantrums and lashout at the smallest inconvenience 

• Thanks 1

Threads and Bluesky just don't match up even when Elon is actively destroying Twitter :gaycat6:

6 hours ago, LittleCupid said:

I still use Twitter because my friends are in there, but this week my timeline was filled with right wing garbage and shark bite pictures (no matter how much I say it is not relevant) so I'm thinking of quitting.

Instagram is terrible now too and Threads is not fun.

about these alt-right accounts, you gotta find what's the keyword that they use and mute them.

Trust me, when i muted words like woke and trump, my timeline got so much better :ahh:

7 hours ago, technoprayer said:

please make tumblr popular again

This :clap3:I still use it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, technoprayer said:

please make tumblr popular again

This! I was just checking my account after not logging in for over 8 years, and I miss the peak tumblr years.

People there always used to post the best stuff (and I'm not even talking about p0rn), just aesthetic pics and gifs. idk if people still use it and how much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

This :clap3:I still use it

3 hours ago, Mephisto said:

This! I was just checking my account after not logging in for over 8 years, and I miss the peak tumblr years.

People there always used to post the best stuff (and I'm not even talking about p0rn), just aesthetic pics and gifs. idk if people still use it and how much.

I still use it everyday- it's still the same after all those years (even the problematic people are still there :skull:

It's such a simple idea that worked so well

• Like 2

elon has really ruined the best social media :shakeno:  it's basically unusable at this point but there's just nowhere else to go for text based feeds so it's still the best one

How did people survive without Twitter? I don't have Twitter myself and my life is no worse for it. Apart from YouTube and Reddit, I don't actually use any social media sites anymore. You have to realize that you're only further empowering Elon and the political right and giving them attention and money. Twitter has degenerated into a propaganda site for right-wing extremists. I really don't understand how you can still support something like that. I also don't understand what is supposed to be funny about right-wing extremism. Many countries are moving further and further towards authoritarian right-wing politics and social media is reinforcing this trend. What the political right thinks of homosexual men should be well known. Personally, there is just too much hate and incitement on social media. Even under videos and posts that have no political message, right-wing political opinions are constantly being posted. You see it all the time on YouTube too. It's tiring. I don't like too much negativity. 

the way the only reason this app still alive is because there's no contender strong enough to replace it, threads was half-assed (you can't even search posts ffs :dies:) and bluesky (made by jack) is basically still in beta

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.