Did TTPD offer us anything new?

Wonderland

Did TTPD offer us anything new?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Did TTPD offer us anything new?

• Yes
    • No

So, I've just finished listening to Taylor's Anthology and I can't help but feel like I didn't experience anything new here.

There was a lot of hype about this being a breakup album and her serving us up some classics; however it seemed like the same sounds packaged with her typical relationship tropes about how bad/disappointing the man is and how silly she is for believing in him and that it could work.

I'm not entirely sure what I expected but I found it quite a bizarre experiece to be excited to listen to an hour(s) long album and then leave it feeling like nothing particularly new had been offered to me.

Did anyone else feel the same way? Does it change with more listening?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ttsmu

• PoisonPill

• Click Clack

• SlimyGhoul

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge numbers? 

• Haha 5

No. She did nothing new or groundbreaking. Stop lying tovyourself. It's a taylor album. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

It's Taylor Swift, nothing new has been offered since 2006 lmao

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

Who th is voting "Yes"? :biblio: 

Well...

Yeah, I think so. The second half of the anthology edition features some of the finest writing among pop releases. Though Taylor may not have the vocal skill of some of her peers, she has this ability to connect with her audience, and because of this, I would say she's in a league of her own. It's no wonder she always manages to draw huge numbers. Of course, as a casual listener, you wouldn't feel like she's brought something new to the table, but are you even trying to find something new? For me personally, her melodies and lyrics always give me chills and transport me through time, reliving all the emotions once again.

0bea4893288c82c0cad8828479ee7a0a2b7c3e24

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Honestly no. It feels like I just heard an album full of rejects from Folklore, Evermore & Midnights, all slightly reworked to be cohesive within each other.

You can tell she's running out of ideas, or life events to write about. Some of the lyricism in a couple of these songs was genuinely questionable, I felt like there were a few fillers out of all 31 songs. This could have easily been cut down into a 22 track expanded deluxe album. She failed to provide a proper storyline for this album in the likes of Folklore or Evermore. :sorry:

Edited by Twizzy
  • Thanks 1

in my opinion it feels like she just took folklore and midnights and meshed them. I do think she could have made more 2:30-3 min tracks so its not so long

Considering she's pushing 40 and STILL is singing about high school, no there's nothing new to be seen here :thing:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Haha 3

I agree. I liked some songs, especially on the Anthology side but the whole thing felt very redundant and repetitive. Not only in regards to her previous work but amongst itself as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonderland said:

So, I've just finished listening to Taylor's Anthology and I can't help but feel like I didn't experience anything new here.

There was a lot of hype about this being a breakup album and her serving us up some classics; however it seemed like the same sounds packaged with her typical relationship tropes about how bad/disappointing the man is and how silly she is for believing in him and that it could work.

I'm not entirely sure what I expected but I found it quite a bizarre experiece to be excited to listen to an hour(s) long album and then leave it feeling like nothing particularly new had been offered to me.

Did anyone else feel the same way? Does it change with more listening?

Did drake

51 minutes ago, Twizzy said:

Honestly no. It feels like I just heard an album full of rejects from Folklore, Evermore & Midnights, all slightly reworked to be cohesive within each other.

You can tell she's running out of ideas, or life events to write about. Some of the lyricism in a couple of these songs was genuinely questionable, I felt like there were a few fillers out of all 31 songs. This could have easily been cut down into a 22 track expanded deluxe album. She failed to provide a proper storyline for this album in the likes of Folklore or Evermore. :sorry:

Do we even need a storyline?

We just need good music. I hate how we just expect stories now. This is why Taylor is in the hole that she is in the first place. She can't just make fun songs. The fans demand there to be a story. And it's a shame because she can make good pop songs if she wanted to.

• Like 3

Yes it offered us a white woman outright saying she wished she lived in the 1800s "without the racism".

5 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

Do we even need a storyline?

We just need good music. I hate how we just expect stories now. This is why Taylor is in the hole that she is in the first place. She can't just make fun songs. The fans demand there to be a story. And it's a shame because she can make good pop songs if she wanted to.

The music is not there so they have to cling to something

The Anthology doesn't feel necessary, it's just for sales

I guess the fact that Matty Healy's dick is out of this world?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.