Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Scarlet' Review Thread | MC: 76

Featured Replies

Doja_Cat_-_Scarlet.png

Screenshot-2023-09-22-205451.png

 

Variety - 95

Line of Best Fit - 90

The Independent - 80

Clash - 60

The Guardian - 60

NME - 60

 

Edited by B-Luke

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Terrible album cover is so distracting. 

  • Thank you for proving my point, Shakira’s performance has 4 times more views, something is lacking with Doja, there’s no excitement, just another era and then the next will come.

  • professor2000
    professor2000

    Idk if comparing her views to Video Vanguard recipient makes sense though.  Much longer performance packed with career hits…?  Outside of Shakira, she has more views than Cardi, Nicki, Olivia, etc.  P

29 minutes ago, Power love said:

Terrible album cover is so distracting. :deadbanana2:

I changed it to the original cover :rip:

Wow, I didn't expect such decent score. 

 

The people who was so sure Doja would be over after the fan scandal, but she ended up getting a big hit and a well-received album :rip: 

I’m not a fan tbh but maybe it grows on me if I go back to it. 

Best female Rap album this year ….and The grammy goes toooooooooooooooo …. Scarlet Doja cat :alexz:

1 hour ago, masochizm said:

I think the worst scores will come first (guradian etc)

this metacritic score will probably end up around 77-79

it's a 7 for me.. some songs are SMASHes but some songs need more variation and some twists

12 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

this metacritic score will probably end up around 77-79

pitchfork seems to be on her side this era, i’m expecting a high 70 from them!!

I liked maybe three songs. Her rapping voice repetitive after a while but I’ll try it more 

Maybe it’s true what they say about star quality, something is lacking, Rihanna by her third album was challenging beyonce, Doja already has that burnout aura.

3 hours ago, Power love said:

Terrible album cover is so distracting. :deadbanana2:

im using the full attention photo, idk if its ai or not but i dont care

 

Spoiler

TVSLGzK.png

 

22 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Maybe it’s true what they say about star quality, something is lacking, Rihanna by her third album was challenging beyonce, Doja already has that burnout aura.

Doja annoys the **** out of me sometimes but to say she doesn't have star quality is false let's be serious.....a person who's burnt out wouldn't be putting out quality visuals and giving what she gave at the VMAs and I appreciate her not doing what we expect from her musically

10 minutes ago, Welovetrouble said:

Doja annoys the **** out of me sometimes but to say she doesn't have star quality is false let's be serious.....a person who's burnt out wouldn't be putting out quality visuals and giving what she gave at the VMAs and I appreciate her not doing what we expect from her musically

Thank you for proving my point, Shakira’s performance has 4 times more views, something is lacking with Doja, there’s no excitement, just another era and then the next will come.

49 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Doja already has that burnout aura.

I'm not sure that it's burnout, I think it's actually the opposite, this album reeks of her wanting to just hop into the studio to make whatever she wants to make without the guidance of her A&R. We would have had an album full of PTTR's (an obvious label insert) if she just wanted to phone it in. I personally don't like the album, I think it's too rookie and soundcloud for an artist of her stature in the industry, but I think she's talented and versatile so I hope she's able to develop further on her next album tbh.

Alexis giving this 3 stars but Meg’s very okay debut 5? Trash

Edited by brooklyndaddy

24 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Thank you for proving my point, Shakira’s performance has 4 times more views, something is lacking with Doja, there’s no excitement, just another era and then the next will come.

Idk if comparing her views to Video Vanguard recipient makes sense though.  Much longer performance packed with career hits…?  Outside of Shakira, she has more views than Cardi, Nicki, Olivia, etc.  Pretty sure most views from that nights performances…but I just did a quick look.  

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.