This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, 4Real said:

I thought this was winning huh

The way it dominated the ATRL Grammys and finished higher than any album track on the year-end ATRL Top 50, I really thought it was on lock.

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

Socket out of wow 

Is it bad if I like the clean version of cuff it better :thing: 

The outro elevates this song so much (just like Heated). Collect your coins Biyonciiiiiiii:WAP: 

• ATRL Moderator

Yeah when I heard Beyoncé was sampling Donna I was like “oh I hope it’s a deeper cut like sunset people or sprint affair!”   IFL is so obvious but .. with the end result can I really complain? 

• ATRL Moderator

2kllzR7.png

PURE/HONEY

Average score: 8.66

High score: 10 (@305, @Soda Pop Queen@BGKC@Reverie, @MP2K@Ewan Chaos, @BlackoutZone, @State of Grace.@madonnas, @Subomie@creativity., @Norte, @Quicksand@Ace Reject, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 4 (@byzantium)

Renaissance is naturally a very gay-friendly album, but it never gets more directly faggoty than on this two-parter: “Pure,” a cunty house cut in which Beyoncé flaunts her technique and billion-dollar looks over samples of Kevin Aviance and Mike Q and Kevin JZ Prodigy, and “Honey,” a funky disco explosion dripping in vocal harmonies, which brings the track back to the ballroom by the end with a shoutout to Moi Renee’s “Miss Honey.”

Best bit: the rich vocal layering on the “Honey” chorus is sublime

ATRL says…: “Absolutely my favorite from the album,” @Ewan Chaos raved. “I love how menacing and delicious the first half is and how jubilant and sexy the second half is.” @Rev8 was reminded of “Blow.”

• Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

This should be top five come on gays.  

K, time to boot the girls who aren’t Beyoncé 

13 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Diane Warren will never see heaven.

or a competitive Oscar :-*

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, cloudbusting said:

or a competitive Oscar :-*

Goes without saying. She hasn't written a good song in like 20 years. Maybe she should try co-writing!

Huh? :biblio: should’ve been top 5.

So what’s left for Top 5 is Virgo’s Groove, Heated, America Has a Problem, El Apagón and Good Days.

PLSSSSS my top 3 winners got the boot :toofunny3: Rooting for Good Days or VG/Heated I guess now....

You all have no taste.

image0.gif

Edited by State of Grace.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Virgos Groove said:

El Apagon made the top-5? :jonny:

We did it, Joe.

Pure/Honey deserved top 5 not AHAP :biblio:

2 minutes ago, cockatoo said:

AHAP top 5, I know some girls are mad 

omg-laugh.gif

When it’s top  3 :jonnycat:

Heated for the win or el Apagon :celestial:

20 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

RmGjInf.png

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Average score: 8.43

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @a_d_22@Reverie, @4Real@MP2K, @BlackoutZone, @State of Grace., @Rigalo@Virgos Groove, @Crashed, @madonnas, @Achilles., @Subomie@Quicksand, @Sanguine, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 3 (@cockatoo)

A tip of the hat to whichever mad genius conceived this one, a spectacularly out of-this-world dance floor serve that might melt your brain if you think for too long about how its kaleidoscope of musical pieces came together. Consider: It is perhaps the first time in history that Right Said Fred’s “I’m Too Sexy” has been repurposed into greatness. (Foremost Poet’s “Moonraker,” Danube Dance’s “Unique” and Barbara Ann Teer’s “Black Theater” also provide vocal samples.) Or consider: The justifiably gloating lyrics are packed with bon mots – “I'm one of one, I'm number one, I'm the only one” – that will be quoted by homosexuals for years to come. And consider: Its confident rise and fall through industrial beats and celestial synths, commanding you to dance and then luring you to meditate on its relentless inventiveness as you stop to take a breath. It’s no wonder “Alien Superstar” became a standout on Renaissance, despite never getting the single treatment it deserved, even winning the ATRL Grammys for Record of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.

Best bit: “Category: bad *****, I'm thе bar”

ATRL says…: “This song is incredible, but I have to admit when the AS stans were trying to act like ‘Cuff It’ wasn't a massive smash waiting to happen, I had to laugh when CI did smash,” @Ewan Chaos pettily pointed out. @madonnas called it an “avant-garde club masterpiece.” @cockatoo once again struggled to see brilliance laid out before him. “This is so overrated, I'm sorry,” he sniped. @Rev8 also “never understood the overwhelming love for this overrated song. The beginning isn't even that cute and the end is just horrid.”

I guess drake won after all

image0.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Best song of 2022 out next!

Just now, supaspaz said:

Best song of 2022 out next!

It's gonna be AHAP, isn't it?

image0.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.