• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

2 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

Best song of 2022 out next!

If that is what I think it is unless it isn't that......

• ATRL Moderator

OhcPsKe.png

EL APAGÓN

Average score: 8.67

High score: 10 (@supaspaz@dooart@Soda Pop Queen, @CBC, @Katamari@Reverie, @4Real, @Devin@MP2K, @kandicha@Ewan Chaos, @State of Grace., @Rigalo, @Virgos Groove, @Crashed@madonnas@creativity., @greento, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 2 (@cockatoo)

Mere survival can become a revolutionary act in the face of subjugation. At the heart of Un Verano Sin Ti is this unexpected political bomb, which celebrates Puerto Rico for continuing to exist on its own terms in the face of economic imperialism, government incompetence and frequent blackouts. A wistful outro sung by jewelry designer (and Bad Bunny’s former girlfriend) Gabriela Berlingeri drives home the point: “Esta es mi playa, este es mi sol/Esta es mi tierra, esta soy yo.” Oh, did I mention that it also fucking bangs? The drop midway through, which turns “El Apagón” into a pussy-praising fist pumper fit for Jersey Shore, may be the musical high point of 2022. Released as the eighth single, with a music video-slash-documentary about some of the island’s biggest problems, it was unfortunately not a hit and remains by far the least-streamed track on the album. We, however, are better than that. This rate corrects the record by rightfully placing it at the front of the pack.

Best bit: “La capital del perreo, ahora todos quieren ser latino, no, ey/Pero les falta sazón, batería y reggaetón”

ATRL says…: “I don't understand why I underrated this song when the album came out because it's a fucking banger and clearly the best song?????” @Ewan Chaos recognized. @Rev8 wasn’t on board until “the middle started getting pretty badass. Was starting to lose hope.” @cockatoo dissed it as “more drunk yelling…great(!)” @byzantium admitted that he had hard time getting into Un Verano Sin Ti. “I tried to be as objective as I could but every time I would listen to this, my interest would fade by the end of the album,” he shared. “I feel like many of the songs blur together by the end. I know some people love it, but not quite my cup of tea.”

I'm honestly shook it lasted this long. :eek: Well deserved.

• ATRL Moderator

Let me just say, I am shocked and very proud of ATRL for putting this one in the top five. At one point it was even challenging for the win. Truly never would have expected that!

some of yalls taste truly scares me

image0.gif

But anyways the music video is amazing talent won 

go god bunny :jonnycat:

Fun fact: El Apagon is the least streamed song on Un Verano Sin Ti.

It's for intelectuals only :clap3:

Welp, at least a spanish bop in the top 5 so it's great :clap3:

We have Heated, AHAP, Virgo's GOAT, Good Days?

Okay, now let's get Good Days out of the way so we can get a Rennie trifecta

image0.gif

• Thanks 1

El Apagon out before Bad Days oh I should’ve just forced myself to sit through the crackden and mid albums again to at least submit SOMETHING

spacer.png

Rather shocked bad bunny outlasted Rosalia on an Atrl rate. 

image0.gif

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Reverie said:

We have Heated, AHAP, Virgo's GOAT, Good Days?

Indeed. And some controversy next, perhaps?

Wait, we didn't have to listen to all the albums? You're telling I had to sit through ZZZ and Harry's Hiroshima for nothing?

image0.gif

The way I could not tell you how virgos groove even goes outside of that opening nu disco intro synth 

image0.gif

ahap needs to be too 3

image0.gif

Edited by Katamari

1 minute ago, Virgos Groove said:

Wait, we didn't have to listen to all the albums? You're telling I had to sit through ZZZ and Harry's Hiroshima for nothing?

image0.gif

if this is about my post I just meant I didn’t send scores bc I didn’t want to listen to those after the one time I already had 

had I known some of the questionable taste in here I would’ve just sucked it up and tried

spacer.png

if not then well… oops!

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

SaqWDp3.png

AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM

Average score: 8.71

High score: 10 (@dooart@Soda Pop Queen, @BGKC@Katamari@Reverie, @4Real, @Devin@BlackoutZone@Rigalo, @Virgos Groove, @cockatoo@madonnas@creativity.@V3$$3L.)

Low score: 1 (@Norte)

In 1990, rapper Kilo Ali released “America Has a Problem (Cocaine),” a campy Miami bass cautionary tale that imagines the drug as a femme fatale and explores its destructive impact on the Black community. Two decades later, Beyoncé would flip the metaphor for this similarly-titled offering, boasting about how her sex is as addictive as Tony Montana’s supply. It’s a fun bop, groovy and impressively tongue-twisting, though it doesn’t deliver on the political promise of its name. Boosted by a Kendrick Lamar-assisted remix, “America Has a Problem” was selected as the third single from Renaissance this spring, jumping to #38 on the Billboard Hot 100 before, without any additional promotion, falling off the chart within a month.

Best bit: “When I pull up these jeans, you're mine”

ATRL says…: “Another example of ‘she's just saying shit,’ but it works,” @cockatoo backhandedly complimented. @madonnas declared it the “best song ever, tbh.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.