This Was 2022 | Beyoncé's groove

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

i’ll give miss Mind that, poor thing hasn’t gotten much attention since she came out a year ago :eddie:

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation." - Beyoncé on "All Up In Your Mind"

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• State of Grace.

• cockatoo

• madonnas

1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

pLabsUr.png

BLIND

Average score: 8.12

High score: 10 (@supaspaz, @Rev8, @dooart, @brokee, @Subomie, @V3$$3L.)

Low score: 3 (@madonnas)

The highest-rated album track from SOS is this pop culture punchline-stuffed pseudo-rap about seeking validation from a dysfunctional ex even when SZA knows she could find it within herself if she wasn’t so willfully “Blind.” Despite being previewed in the “Shirt” video, performed on Saturday Night Live and nearly debuting in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 following the album’s release, higher than all but two other tracks, it still has not been serviced as a single.

Best bit: “I don't care how much you knew me in the past tense/I ain't no Julia Stiles, this ain't no last dance, way past it”

ATRL says…: “Can’t wait for the video :duca:@Rev8 enthused. “This was the song that made me like her.” @madonnas thought it had “good lyrics, bad song.”

Finally. I’m shocked it made it this far

1 minute ago, ?????? said:

Yall cannot seriously think AUIYM is better than Cozy and Plastic Off the Sofa like................

Than Cozy? Most definitely.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, ?????? said:

Yall cannot seriously think AUIYM is better than Cozy and Plastic Off the Sofa like................

We don't have to think when we know!

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, supaspaz said:

Stans seem to be very bad at figuring out what their fave's best music is. Like, I will never understand why the Kelly Clarksonsters insist (or at least used to) that BTHE is better than SUBG.

yeah and Madonna Stan’s saying the 80s was her weakest decade in music :laugh:  

Just now, ScorpiosGroove said:

one’s a highlight on tour the other one got the chop after one try, their creator seems to agree :michael:

Just now, BGKC said:

It’s just such a signature track that is so Beyoncé, it is also arguably getting the most shine on tour. 

Maybe I’ll change my mind when I see her.  But for me Cozy is on the lower end of the songs where AIUYM is middle.  Like, move and Thique clear both of them with little effort 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, ?????? said:

POTS is the bottom 1 of the album.  I gave it a 7 and everything else a 9 or 10

• ATRL Moderator

In retrospect, I'm not sure why I gave "Blind" a 10. It's solid, but not spectacular.

• ATRL Moderator

Blind sucks btw 

• ATRL Moderator

Anyway, a massive single out next!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, supaspaz said:

Is cuff it still in?

if not then obviously it’s KB

Just now, supaspaz said:

Time to kill Kill Bill!

blind is very good. def one of the best tracks on the album. Top 15 is more than enough for it.

titi me pregunto has overstayed its welcome :deadbanana:

Edited by State of Grace.

@supaspaz and i guess also anyone else who wants to compare results so far

Spoiler

On 6/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, Blue Rose said:

On 6/23/2023 at 10:01 AM, Blue Rose said:

On 6/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

exposing BREAK MY SOUL scores

Reveal hidden contents

So the top4 in album order are Cuff Hit, Virgo’s Grammy, Hit-ed and America Has A Hit

spacer.png

On 6/25/2023 at 9:20 AM, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

exposing VIRGO’S GROOVE scores

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, cloudbusting said:

Hide contents

Cuff it top4 is kind of wild tbh

• ATRL Moderator

ANwT2Gx.png

KILL BILL

Average score: 8.18

High score: 10 (@Rev8, @4Real, @BlackoutZone, @State of Grace., @Rigalo, @Achilles., @Norte, @Ace Reject, @Sanguine)

Low score: 2.5 (@kandicha)

SZA is not okay on this wickedly funny revenge fantasy from SOS, in which she imagines going full Uma Thurman and murdering her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend out of jealous spite. (“Rather be in hell than alone,” she surmises.) After it instantly posted massive streaming numbers, outpacing the rest of the album during release week and debuting all the way up at #3 on the Billboard Hot 100, SZA selected it as the fifth single, shooting a Quentin Tarantino-inspired music video with a cameo from Vernita Green herself, Vivica A. Fox, and an outro where she sings “Seek & Destroy” while tied up naked. It would go on to win the BET Award for Video of the Year. “Kill Bill” was a multiformat smash that took SZA to new heights, topping both the pop and rhythmic radio formats and reigning for a record-breaking 21 weeks on the R&B chart. But it seemed for an interminable eight weeks that it would never get past #2 on the Hot 100, stuck behind Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and that racist country singer. Then with a boost from a Doja Cat remix, the song briefly ascended to the summit, giving SZA the first #1 of her career, a dream-fulfilling moment.

Best bit: “I'm so mature, I got me a therapist to tell me there's other men”

ATRL says…: “The song is fine, but I need to lower it so it doesn't get overrated,” @Ewan Chaos schemed. @cockatoo remembered  “a man covering this on TikTok and people saying ‘the song doesn't work for men because there's a real chance you actually might kill us’ :rip:

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cuff Hit and AHAP are so overrated by the hive. Pure/Honey and AS stomp both of them.

Just now, supaspaz said:

"You know you that ***** when you cause all this conversation." - Beyoncé on "All Up In Your Mind"

the conversation
spongebob-leave.gif

4 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Maybe I’ll change my mind when I see her.  But for me Cozy is on the lower end of the songs where AIUYM is middle.  Like, move and Thique clear both of them with little effort 

the live arrangement, the intro, the added horns, the fun choreo she’s doing… oh it definitely elevated the song :WAP:

we agree on the thique clearings, it actually clears many songs on the album but that’s a convo for another day :giraffe:

• ATRL Moderator

Fair place for kill bill 

1 minute ago, madonnas said:

Cuff it top4 is kind of wild tbh

it's fun but tea, didn't deserve to be ahead of excellence like PURE/HUNTY and Alien

I thought Kill Bill would fight for Top 10 :deadbanana4:

Shocked that two Benito songs outlasted it actually

• ATRL Moderator

So is good days the only sza song left? 

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Hide contents

These results are kind of shocking. Especially "Alien Superstar" missing top four.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, madonnas said:

So is good days the only sza song left? 

Indeed. She's barely hanging on now.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, supaspaz said:

Indeed. She's barely hanging on now.

Well at least the right song won

it should definitely not leave before the top 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.