Why does the liddos hate Dope so much?

Julia Fox

For me it’s one of the best songs on ARTPOP and it could have been a signature ballad from the GP. It’s incredible, emotional, catchy and the vocal delivery is top notch. Why the Liddos hate it that much?

lack of taste wbk

critics agree too. its a bop and  a moment

Who are the liddos?

It's one of the best songs on the album :huh:

Because it's terrible though I do stan that single cover. :gaygacat7:

I don't know, it's one of the best songs of the album, tbh. The final 3 combo (Dope, Gypsy and Applause) is so good. :WAP:

a top 10 billboard hit

OT: muddy production and bad lyrics

Because it's awful? The iTunes festival version is eons better than the album version.

not me! it’s a lack of taste for lots of the liddos and they mostly all just have anti Artpop bias in general (at least the slightly older stans on ATRL; the younger ones who don’t still have trauma from that era seem to be much more favorable of the album)

From what I understand, they hate it bcuz of her “Dope vocals” :rip:

Which are basically a code for her low register theatrical vocals she started using since Dope. Kinda like the ones she does in “Til It Happens To You“ or the “Shallow” bridge.

I personally enjoy her Dracula-esque theatrical vocals tbh. As long as she’s doesn’t sound strained…

One of my favourite Gaga songs ever, certain liddos are just incredibly tasteless

It’s okay, but it’s on the same album as Venus, GUY, Sexxx Dreams, Manicure, Artpop, Fashion! and Mary Jane Holland. It has no chance to stand out 

I don't know, it's one of the few songs on that album that I actually like :giraffe:

I remembered how this song scammed its way to the top 10 because of youtube :rip:

Genius and legend Rick Rubin did that :clap3:

Dope is a great song, but it's depressing at the same time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.