Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

39 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

My baby,My honey, my daisy, My only:katie2:

 

 

This song aged so well. I wasn't even into it back when it was released, but I grew a lot on me.

This one and Something New probably aged the best from her titles.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

5 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Lee Know covered Ditto in their concert in Thailand today  :heart:

 

Truly a rabbit/tokki :clap3:

7ea7347d47717058ecb02ba5930f804a.jpg

newjeans-njs.gif

 

4 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Boys Planet is a whole mess :ahh: Who set them up, by making them cover "God's Menu", when it's a song made by one of the best rappers in the industry, like even other established idols would struggle with this song  :rip: 

 

Edit: I just found out that they are all foreigners, and MNET being shady and wanting to set them up :shakeno:

SKZ sweetie

 

It's giving this :bibliahh:

 

Mnet are always being shady towards foreigners and the evil edits are always work against to them so their pet favorites have higher chance to debut.

 

Nonetheless it's clearly proved that God's Menu was a pretty hard song to perform and not everyone can have enough talents, charisma, and stage presence like SKZ to deliver perfectly.

59 minutes ago, Fanta said:

let’s not play on EXO’s name like that. :snowman:

When was the last time they sang and danced live?

 

32 minutes ago, mathekr said:

This song aged so well. I wasn't even into it back when it was released, but I grew a lot on me.

This one and Something New probably aged the best from her titles.

Not sure about SN, I actually think it aged terribly, I mean it is very of its time lol. 

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

I mean let's not be too hard on the boys when the actual singers would also sound like these while dancing lmao. The SVT cover was horrible though wtf. 

In what world do you think EXO vocalists (Kyungsoo, Baek, Chen) and Seventeen vocalists (DK, Seungkwan, Woozi) would sound like ….that :rip: 


out of all the bgs they could have attempted to cover :dies: I’m convinced this show made for the kiis first and foremost lol. 

Just now, Witnessed ET said:

In what world do you think EXO vocalists (Kyungsoo, Baek, Chen) and Seventeen vocalists (DK, Seungkwan, Woozi) would sound like ….that :rip: 


out of all the bgs they could have attempted to cover :dies: I’m convinced this show made for the kiis first and foremost lol. 

Sis, I love both groups but you ain't gonna tell me they are gonna hit those notes while dancing. I agree the covers where terrible specially the raps wtf. But it ain't easy to sing those songs while dancing :michael: Please prove me wrong and post some videos of EXO and SVT singing those songs live while dancing. 

Where is this retro queen hiding at?? She hasn't been active in like 3 years :chick3:

 

 

 

 

COME BACK :jonny2:

53 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

When was the last time they sang and danced live?

 

Not sure about SN, I actually think it aged terribly, I mean it is very of its time lol. 

you can literally find live performances of the song they covered with the quickest search. y’all love to play dumb i swear… or maybe you aren’t playing.:redface:

51 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Sis, I love both groups but you ain't gonna tell me they are gonna hit those notes while dancing. I agree the covers where terrible specially the raps wtf. But it ain't easy to sing those songs while dancing :michael: Please prove me wrong and post some videos of EXO and SVT singing those songs live while dancing. 

Oh please, what you’re not gonna do is compare those clips with the actual vocalists of those groups. These contestants are way beyond just the voice cracks or not being able to hit the notes or breathlessness, they straight up sound TERRIBLE in terms of their tone and timing and key itself. You can’t tell me the EXO and Svt members would not at least know the strongest points in their vocal delivery to focus on while dancing. We’re not talking about the vocally lacking bgs here. I’m lazy and I can’t go dig videos for you though so if you stan them you know what tour performances from them to check out.

Damn I watched Jinyoung’s Christmas Carol and it’s one of the saddest movies I’ve ever watched :'(

 

He did AMAZING too, damn playing a double role with such an awareness. @hallucinateMaybe we stan :coffee2:

Everything about this boys planet seems awful. I have yet to see a good video :rip: 

okay so how do you watch Boys Planet full episodes?? are they on YouTube?

I do not understand how idols are consistently getting less and less talented. Like if even everyone on a Produce-esque show with a million contestants sucks there's gotta be something going on. What is in the water in Seoul? :deadbanana:

My fyp on tiktok is full of boys planet auditions and all of them are bad lol

kinda sad the lack of good male vocalists in the 4th gen. Maybe the new SM boy group is going to surprise us.

 

Btw not some of you coming for EXO and SVT vocals, when they both have the strongest vocal line in kpop :deadbanana4:

 

Edited by LuneMon

9 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I do not understand how idols are consistently getting less and less talented. Like if even everyone on a Produce-esque show with a million contestants sucks there's gotta be something going on. What is in the water in Seoul? :deadbanana:

We know why, they focus waaaay too much on looks/visuals.

Visual members are fine, but making groups based just on that is terrible.

12 minutes ago, Blueberry Kisses said:

I do not understand how idols are consistently getting less and less talented. Like if even everyone on a Produce-esque show with a million contestants sucks there's gotta be something going on. What is in the water in Seoul? :deadbanana:

thats what happens when kpop companies refuse to debut anyone older than 18 :bird:

38 minutes ago, Kety said:

:duca:
 

WAIT, Taeyeon has a new song out?

How am I only finding out now? :deadbanana:

 

 

4 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

We know why, they focus waaaay too much on looks/visuals.

Visual members are fine, but making groups based just on that is terrible.

Oh yeah, I mean that's been going on since 2015. But when even the trainees that aren't even debuting but competing for a CHANCE to debut all suck at singing, it's like...where is everyone? I'm genuinely just so plucked because it was already bad years ago but the situation right now is just wild to me. :sad: K-pop has fully said "we love watching underweight kids who sound like **** pop and lock with a full face of Anastasia Beverly Hills" and I guess that's just the way it is now.

 

3 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

thats what happens when kpop companies refuse to debut anyone older than 18 :bird:

And that's another thing, wtf is going on with these children? It was reprehensible back in the 2nd gen too but at least that was like...3 or 4 idols, tops. And even back then, Krystal and Minzy were two of the stronger singers in their groups even though they were like 14. Obviously they shouldn't have been involved at all at that age but it's literally just...tone deaf junior high students now huh :emofish:

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

AAAAAAAHHWOOOOOO:bibliahh:

 

 

Please what is this :dies: :dies: :ahh: :ahh: 

It's not like 4th gen bgs are doing better than them:bibliahh: Remove autotune, backtracks and those boys will sound like this

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.