Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Why are you still single?

Featured Replies

25 and I can count on my two hands the amount of gays I have met during my entire life 

not yet desperate enough to go dating sites either

  • Replies 80
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I'm in a relationship

Oh really? This must be fresh because last I checked you were complaining about not being able to find a guy :fountain:

3 minutes ago, Jynx672 said:

Oh really? This must be fresh because last I checked you were complaining about not being able to find a guy :fountain:

 

Because technically we still didn't break up, I am unhappy in my relationship

 

1 minute ago, Bloodflowers. said:

 

Because technically we still didn't break up, I am unhappy in my relationship

 

that's sad, huh? have you brought that up with your bf?

 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

5 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

that's sad, huh? have you brought that up with your bf?

 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

 

We did in fact talk about our problems last time we saw each other, that's it

 

I kinda want him to break up with me cuz I don't want to be the cruel person who breaks up with him

 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

 

14 minutes ago, Buddy said:

in an endless state of "working on myself"

This 100 %. I keep putting dating off because I just don’t feel like the current version of myself should date. I don’t wanna do that to a person

working on myself and focusing on uni is the main priority which is why i only “date” older men (40+) because there’s no pressure to commit with them. they only want a young piece of ass to parade around and i get free meals/experiences for my time

 

spacer.png

Edited by Dolce Vita

11 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

We did in fact talk about our problems last time we saw each other, that's it

 

I kinda want him to break up with me cuz I don't want to be the cruel person who breaks up with him

 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

Let me know when you break up and I'll come over with ice cream

 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

I think if I was to get a serious boyfriend who ticked all the boxes I would have to invest a lot of time and money that I simply do not want to right now. I feel like straight people are conditioned into dating because they’ve had the luxury of doing it their entire lives, but as a young gay person who’s never been on a date, the idea of seeing different people every week and spending money on a date just for 99% of them to probably not be the one sounds like hell.

4 hours ago, suneclipse121 said:

Well for me it’s a combination of reasons-

 

1. I am very inconsistent with my active dating phases. I would try dating for about a month or two and go on a couple of dates. And when they don’t pan out I pause dating for years at a time.  :deadbanana4:
 

2. I notice that a lot of the guys I go out with are emotionally unavailable and that usually leads to very uneven power dynamics where someone gives more than the other person.
I recognize that this might be an issue I need to correct because  my taste seems to be trash. Usually people can’t match my energy. Even when I tone it down. I’m a bit more aggressive with weeding these guys out so I don’t waste my time. 

 

3. I believe in monogamy. I don’t compromise on this core value at all. I would compromise on a lot of things but on monogamy their is no room for negotiation. So that usually wipes out a lot of guys who want to just have fun. 
 

I think I know if I put a LOT more effort into dating and really go all in I could maybe find someone who is compatible and shares the same core value that I do. But honestly most of the time I’m just not motivated enough to even try. :rip:

I agree with everything you said and these are my reasons as well. It’s just that I simply can’t be bothered to go that hard and try to date.

I used to be single my whole life. Now I have a boyfriend for 6 months and it's cool, but I don't feel better than before. It's an interesting realization since I always thought a boyfriend and the feeling of being loved is everything I need to feel complete.

When your single that is WHEN you go out every weekend! ive been in long distance relationship for over a year and haven't gone out clubbing or do anything fun for ages because im loyal :deadbanana4:

 

Like Stay single guys unless you find a guy that will put your first and do anything for you (and they don't exist) 

A combination of things, but I guess it all boils down to me having social anxiety disorder 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.