Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

Ss3TZtY6uaDKvAPErRKtSwB4wNIV7_5Lvko4DkhC9_xgxxkEEJfkuJiAoHeDoejB3N3dKA9QjUVnIh7x_aftdxBpogCd2YX9sWBmxdr_zBI0xa6Pw_UzBqr8anFy8K0BklykyZyg-U3aqUUWtQ

Round 1 Announcement & Season Schedule

Firstly thank you to everybody who has signed up so far, we’ve hit over 30 sign ups and that’s amazing! As we’ve mentioned in posts, the sign ups will not be closing for this game due to its non elimination nature, so players can join at any time over the six rounds. We encourage everybody to explore the world of songwriting so the more players who join the better!

As for the main reason for this announcement, we would like to outline the schedule for this season and let you know more about Round 1:

The first round will be posted tomorrow!

The deadline for this round will be on Thursday May 19th, and there will be a countdown to the deadline provided in the challenge post tomorrow for reference. 

The challenge post will include a link to a Google Form with which you can send your submission when you are ready.

The subsequent rounds will follow the same schedule for this season, new rounds will begin on Saturdays and the deadline will be on Thursdays. The judging panel will use the in between days to complete our reviews and scoring, with results being posted on Saturdays prior to the new round beginning.

We understand that life can get in the way at times so right now this is the schedule we are working with and would like to keep to, but depending on the circumstances extensions may be provided either for submissions or judging and will be announced in the thread if either occurs. 

If you have any further questions either reply to this post or tag myself or Aurora and we will answer as soon as possible!

Lastly, we hope you are all looking forward to Round 1 beginning tomorrow. We really can’t wait to see all your creativity flourish. 

ps. If any of your birthdays fall between now and the end of Golden Hit (roughly the end of June) please let us know so we can celebrate them when the day comes!

@Julia Fox@Insanity@Hanami-Blossom@boubour@Remmy@Astro@Jackson@Achilles.@Seiko Oomori@Speezy@Euterpe@GentleDance@ughgabriel@Obsession@OreGuy@Overprotected@JoeAg@TruGemini@☆lex@Augmented@luckystrike@Arrows@Blue.@8thPrince@hurricane326@JonginBey @Better Mistakes @Tylerbv @RobDeWittBukater @EpicSongFan @Lorenzo22

x9a1XUjqrNZKrGJIgFCD0pyYlDFiNbn4TsescNEWLj3QTvIN7Vcvyc6029SzBzJKyJpmWR-yoUlryXteU_mqE7jvIHWvxPF-EvWCyLADESag2IgyCpuCsAzbfkn3rFiggYAEL2uEi57rwTspqQ

Edited by fountain

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

31 sign ups pre-challenge, oh my! This one's going to be fun. I can't wait for everyone to see what treats we have in store this season.

omg GH round 1, #TeamRemmy twerk team debut and LS tick tock all in 1 day :jonny: I'm overwhelmed!!

19 minutes ago, Remmy said:

omg GH round 1, #TeamRemmy twerk team debut and LS tick tock all in 1 day :jonny: I'm overwhelmed!!

test

515757616_montyavi.thumb.png.6db29931ed3

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles. 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. OreGuy

16. Overprotected

17. JoeAG

18. TruGemini

19. ☆lex

20. Augmented

21. luckystrike

22. Arrows

23. Blue.

24. 8thPrince
25. hurricane326

26. JonginBey

27. Better Mistakes

28. Tylerbv

29. RobDeWittBukater

30. EpicSongFan

31. Lorenzo22
32. Jessie

:whistle:

10 minutes ago, Jessie said:

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles. 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. OreGuy

16. Overprotected

17. JoeAG

18. TruGemini

19. ☆lex

20. Augmented

21. luckystrike

22. Arrows

23. Blue.

24. 8thPrince
25. hurricane326

26. JonginBey

27. Better Mistakes

28. Tylerbv

29. RobDeWittBukater

30. EpicSongFan

31. Lorenzo22
32. Jessie

:whistle:

Thanks for signing up! Check back tomorrow for the first challenge of the season. :duca:

41 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Omg I would love to join :bird:

Welcome! :heart:

1. Julia Fox 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles. 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. OreGuy

16. Overprotected

17. JoeAG

18. TruGemini

19. ☆lex

20. Augmented

21. luckystrike

22. Arrows

23. Blue.

24. 8thPrince
25. hurricane326

26. JonginBey

27. Better Mistakes

28. Tylerbv

29. RobDeWittBukater

30. EpicSongFan

31. Lorenzo22
32. Jessie

33. EngimaticAndroid

For any of the new sign ups, we posted a questionnaire earlier in the thread that you can answer as a way to introduce yourself if you'd like, or you can also just take a browse at other people's answers. :bird:

On 5/12/2022 at 12:34 AM, fountain said:

Here's a little optional questionnaire for everybody signing up to introduce themselves!

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

2. What is your previous experience with song writing?

3. Who are your favourite song writers?

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

6. Lastly, feel free you share some examples of your writing!

Here are some songwriting tips I want to share that may help or inspire you:

1. Start with a song title. I find this works tremendously for me. Having a song title to focus on can help to capture the essence or central themes of your concept, give you some direction without placing too many restrictions, give you an idea for a great hook/chorus, inspire brainstorming and help to ease you into writing the lyrics.

2. Find/Create an instrumental to immerse yourself into the vibe of your song or to help you discover what kind of feel you want if you haven't decided. A song with lyrics can work too but I think one without lyrics may work better to allow for your own words to materialise more easily.

3. Coming up with melodies before writing the lyrics can work, but melodies are not the words themselves. I've traditionally used this method. However, what I've realised recently is that the melody can make you feel like the lyrics are better than they actually are or that the lyrics aren't that good. Especially in the context of this game where the judges do not include the melody into their judging criteria, this is something to be mindful of.

Melodies can be very deceptive compared to the words on paper. How many songs are out there with S-tier melodies but underwhelming lyrics? There are also songs out there with amazing lyrics but the poor melody can trick you into thinking those poetic words are not good.

This is an epiphany that I've had so I am passionate about sharing this piece of advice specifically. For YEARS I've had the tendency to get enamoured by my heavenly melodies like becoming captivated by a siren and they can elevate my lyrics to a level that they are not :dies: likewise I've experienced singing along to lyrics with a poopy melody only to realise that the lyrics are actually GOOD when I don't focus on the melody.

Don't get swept away by the incredible/lacklustre melodies, use the melodies to your benefit and enjoy them! Remember: the judges do not include melodies in their judging criteria. The judges cannot hear the melodies of your song and even if they can (if you choose to share a recording of your song etc), you will not be scored on it.

Enjoy songwriting everyone! :heart:

Feel free to share any of your own tips or advice if you would like to, or you can ask me or someone else if you have any questions :date: :intoit: :celestial3:

Edited by Hanami-Blossom

7 hours ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

Here are some songwriting tips I want to share that may help or inspire you:

1. Start with a song title. I find this works tremendously for me. Having a song title to focus on can help to capture the essence or central themes of your concept, give you some direction without placing too many restrictions, give you an idea for a great hook/chorus, inspire brainstorming and help to ease you into writing the lyrics.

2. Find/Create an instrumental to immerse yourself into the vibe of your song or to help you discover what kind of feel you want if you haven't decided. A song with lyrics can work too but I think one without lyrics may work better to allow for your own words to materialise more easily.

3. Coming up with melodies before writing the lyrics can work, but melodies are not the words themselves. I've traditionally used this method. However, what I've realised recently is that the melody can make you feel like the lyrics are better than they actually are or that the lyrics aren't that good. Especially in the context of this game where the judges do not include the melody into their judging criteria, this is something to be mindful of.

Melodies can be very deceptive compared to the words on paper. How many songs are out there with S-tier melodies but underwhelming lyrics? There are also songs out there with amazing lyrics but the poor melody can trick you into thinking those poetic words are not good.

This is an epiphany that I've had so I am passionate about sharing this piece of advice specifically. For YEARS I've had the tendency to get enamoured by my heavenly melodies like becoming captivated by a siren and they can elevate my lyrics to a level that they are not :dies: likewise I've experienced singing along to lyrics with a poopy melody only to realise that the lyrics are actually GOOD when I don't focus on the melody.

Don't get swept away by the incredible/lacklustre melodies, use the melodies to your benefit and enjoy them! Remember: the judges do not include melodies in their judging criteria. The judges cannot hear the melodies of your song and even if they can (if you choose to share a recording of your song etc), you will not be scored on it.

Enjoy songwriting everyone! :heart:

Feel free to share any of your own tips or advice if you would like to, or you can ask me or someone else if you have any questions :date: :intoit: :celestial3:

These are all great tips!

Personally, I always start with a title first. For some reason it just works for me. For others it might be different, but if you are stuck brainstorm some title ideas and your song can come from that. 
Listening to an instrumental or a song that you like is definitely a good source of inspiration, but you have to be careful not to replicate it of course. But in those moments when you are feeling a little writers block, it’s a great way to get some initial ideas out which you can then build upon!

Your last part may be the most important. This is a writing focused game first and foremost, and though your song may sound good to you in your head, it’s different when you are a judge reading it for the first time and only seeing the words themselves. Sure we can pick up on some rhythm, but the experience is entirely different. I would encourage everybody to proof read their songs as much as possible, and don’t just sing them in your head but specifically read the words for what they are, make sure everything makes sense and is clear. One thing that really helps achieve this is when players share their songs with each other and get feedback before submitting them, so if you are comfortable with this you can always ask in the thread if anybody is down to trade songs and offer advice! It can be really helpful and of course also helps make friends and more of a community here. :heart:

If anybody ever wants any specific advice or tips once the game starts, please feel free to tag Aurora or I and we will do the best we can to help! It’s what we are here for after all. :bird:

Edited by fountain

1. Start with a song title.

Period :pancake: Most of the time all I need is a song title or some type of phrase in my head and I can quickly think about at least 1 lyric & what type of sound/genre it'd be.

Let the game begin

2 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Let the game begin

Are you joining???? :duca:

3 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

Are you joining???? :duca:

I'm thinking of just observing and having fun :gaycat4: but I might play if creativity strikes :gaycat3:

The day’s already half over. :swan:

Besties Aurora will be posting the challenge once he’s home from work. As an Australian I’m sure we can appreciate that during his commute he must battle some of the worlds deadliest animals in the horrific Australian wild :monkey: keep him in your thoughts 

Spoiler

But if it’s not up in a few hours I could always just leak it

PTR!! 

Just now, fountain said:

Besties Aurora will be posting the challenge once he’s home from work. As an Australian I’m sure we can appreciate that during his commute he must battle some of the worlds deadliest animals in the horrific Australian wild :monkey: keep him in your thoughts 

Reveal hidden contents

But if it’s not up in a few hours I could always just leak it

Give us a hint :gaycat3:

3 minutes ago, Remmy said:

giphy.webp

Precisely!

4 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Give us a hint :gaycat3:

Let me think… okay, the challenge is very much inspired by one of our judges this season! Hopefully that is enough of a hint, but also a non-answer :gaycatina1: 

4 minutes ago, fountain said:

Precisely!

Let me think… okay, the challenge is very much inspired by one of our judges this season! Hopefully that is enough of a hint, but also a non-answer :gaycatina1: 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTisCkRITMAW1ga_TtXnoS

Alright this sounds fun :gaycatina1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.