17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

ย 

Just a question - is this game for recorded music, or just lyrics, or both? I have notย professionally recorded music yet, but have plenty of finished lyrics and semi-badly produced songs.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

1.ย Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Iโ€™m Arrows, Iโ€™m a 22-year old guy from Scandinavia studying architecture :Dย 

This is me:

Spoiler

Y6wXxOl5wjDs.jpg?o=1

2. What is your previous experience with song writing?

I have written songs for years, but the process is different each time - sometimes I have a chorus and lyrics in my head for ages, other times I sit down and decide I want to write a song about a certain topic.

ย 

3. Who are your favourite song writers?

I always thought that writing poetry is one thing, coming up with melodies is another, but combining them both to create magic is really difficult!

ย 

I would lie if I didnโ€™t say Taylor Swift was my #1 biggest inspiration who got me into songwriting in the first place, but other main inspirations include Lorde, Snail Mail, Beach House, Kacey Musgraves, Billie/Finneas, ABBA, Troye Sivan, Haim, Max Martin and Carly.

ย 

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

I love songs with very specific themes, songs that manage to tell a complicated story in a few minutes. Examples of this are Catโ€™s In The Cradle by Harry Chapin and Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis.

ย 

As for melodies, I tend to be more attracted to subtle catchiness, a precise topline, relatively simple chords and varying song structures.

ย 

5. What are some of your main sources of creative inspiration?

Anything that makes me feel something very strongly.

ย 

6. Lastly, feel freeย you share some examples of your writing!

โ€œThe Menaceโ€

ย 

Spoiler

ย (verse 1)
Iย got used to your ways, all the times you took off

Were just endless experiments, testings of trust

Got me hopelessly trying to prove this love

โ€™fore I realizedโ€ฆ

It was gone

ย 

All the jabs and the scars I was trained to ignore

All the caps and the cars that you prized even more

Than the friends sacrificed just to fight your war

Shouldโ€™ve know you were nothing moreโ€ฆ

ย 

(Chorus)

Than the menace

The menace, yeah

Shouldโ€™ve known

I shouldโ€™ve know

ย 

(Verse 2)

Being you isnโ€™t easy, youโ€™re easy to blame

But you cannot excuse it, you cannot explain

Cause the heroes of mine, they kill monsters without becoming them

ย 

Had myself disappear cause you forced me to choose

Now your mission is clear, what you thought you could to

Was to strip me from people to tell me the truthโ€ฆ

About you

ย 

(Chorus)

The menace

The menace, yeah

Shouldโ€™ve known

I shouldโ€™ve known

(Bridge)

I thought Iโ€™d never say goodbye

You said Iโ€™d never dare to

I know Iโ€™ll never fall in love again

ย 

And youโ€™d go on for hours and hours at night

Your struggles and battles, my flaws

I patiently listened to all those long explanations of yours

Ended up all the same, I was always at fault

ย 

But now, itโ€™s been long enoughย 

I empathize with just one of us

โ€™Cause one is as good as new

And the otherโ€ฆ

Is stuck with you

(Chorus)

The menace

The menace, yeahย 

Shouldโ€™ve knownย 

I shouldโ€™ve known

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

ย 

Sounds fun! Iโ€™m in:)

ย 

1. Juliaย Foxย 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.ย 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

ย 

Just a question - is this game for recorded music, or just lyrics, or both? I have notย professionally recorded music yet, but have plenty of finished lyrics and semi-badly produced songs.

I think PH and it's sister games are mostly about songwriting/lyrics, so this should be too.ย :heart:

Just now, OreGuy said:

I think PH and it's sister games are mostly about songwriting/lyrics, so this should be too.ย :heart:

Thanks!:heart:

7 hours ago, luckystrike said:

- We're in a pop music forum so I'm obviously gonna sayย Taylorย Swift is one of themย :rip:ย but to mention other people in terms of songwriting; Lorde, Troye Sivan, MUNA, Billie Eilish, Clairo, Ryn Weaver, etc.

ย 

4. List some examples of your favourite lyrics and the best written songs in your opinion.

- I think a perfect example is my favorite album of all time,ย The Foolย byย Ryn Weaver. I think that album is just soooo wellย written and it has so many of my favorite one liners ever.

Ah, another Ryn fan. :jonny5:ย I was such a big fan of hers back in 2014/15 and she was a huge inspiration for me during my second season participating in Platinum Hit. I wrote a song called "Set Sail" which became the favourite of the season and my personal best at the time which was somewhat inspired by her works. Gorgeous album.

ย 

7 hours ago, Blue. said:

Iโ€™m in.

Welcome!

ย 

1. Juliaย Foxย 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.ย 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

24. Blue.

ย 

7 hours ago, Element said:

Tbh I haven't had much time to do lyrical writing in the last few years. I played Platinum Hit a few times back in college, and actually got 5th place in one of those which was unexpected but very cute. I love coming up with pop melodies and my phone has hundreds of voice memos with cute choruses that will never see the light of day. Some bops though, I can not lie.

ย 

6. Lastly, feel free you share some examples of your writing!

Whew I had to go way back in my Google Doc archives for this one.

This was from the interlude challenge in PH back in 2015:

ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

"Twilight"

ย 

ย 

At the border, on the edge

Near the cusp of something greaterย 

Than our mortal hands can savor

ย 

Watch the light, it's getting faded

See the stars slide into motion

Over this liminal ocean

ย 

Hold my hand, hold my hand

Let's dive into another world

Just jump off of the sand

ย 

Are you frightened? Don't be frightened.

ย 

Hold my, hold my, hold my...

ย 

ย 

ย 

And this was from the "album title" challenge from that same season:

ย 

ย 

"Night Visions"

ย 

Verse

The midnight oil burns up again

As I sit silent with my pen

The thoughts become the words

That I have written

ย 

My father -- he don't understand

Why I can't be like other men

As visions in the nightย 

Possess my bodyย 

ย 

Chorus

The pillars of realityย 

Start crumbling underneath my feet

The mist corrupts my mind, infects my brain

And fading through the violet hues

Are images of me and you

In another world... in a better world

ย 

Verse

Moonlight shines through the window glass

And new ideas come so fastย 

A new chapter beginsย 

When the sun's hidden

ย 

My mother -- she can't seem to grasp

The ways of an insomniac

These visions in the nightย 

Possess my heartbeatย 

ย 

Chorus

The pillars of realityย 

Are images of me and you

ย 

Bridge

Tides grow, smoke flows

Through this indigo sky

Don't doubt the stars' glow

In this mystical nightย 

ย 

Chorus (x2)

The pillars of realityย 

Are images of me and you

ย 

ย 

ย 

Looking forward to a great mini season!!

ย 

I remember writing with you in my debut season. It's so great to see so many people from that era still around these parts. And were those submissions part of the season I hosted? They're oddly familiar in a sort of memory-I-didn't-know-I'd-forgotten kind of way? Still lovely!

ย 

6 hours ago, Astro said:

I write... Constantly. I tend to be better when I'm not in competition type things because I feel like I'm in a box for them and my works suffer. But I'm trying to not do that for this game and am just kind of seeing what happens.

I love this mentality! If writing outside of a competitive environment is what suits you best, then Golden Hit might just be the perfect solution for you. While we will still be scoring submissions based on our personal opinions and knowledge of what we'd like to see and what we enjoy reading, we aren'tย infallible, and our opinions are just that; opinions. You don't even have to pay attention to the results portion of the tournament if it's not for you, and you will still be able to submit for every round!

ย 

4 hours ago, Arrows said:

ย 

Sounds fun! Iโ€™m in:)

ย 

1. Juliaย Foxย 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.ย 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

ย 

As OreGuy kindly already pointed out, recording submissions will never be aย requirement. It's more than welcome should you wish to do so, however only the lyrics themselves will be scored in order to keep things fair to all writers. We may definitely address any additional content in our judge reviews though, so you'll still get valuable feedback regarding all aspects of your creativity, however the scores will only represent our thoughts on the lyrical aspect and the overall written construction of the submission.

I'm already brainstorming a little about what approach I might take during the season. 6 rounds means around 6 songs so that could make for a cute little EP.

ย 

The thing is: Creating a whole era with central themes would be pretty cool and I appreciate cohesion but I need variety and I want to feel more free while writing without being tied down to a specific concept for the entire season. I struggle with overthinking and I don't do well with planning (even though I can get consumed by spreadsheetsย :dies:) so I might just let the songwriting process just naturally flow from within and not set any difficult expectations or overly high standards for myself.

ย 

OCD is actually really debilitating - it's a common misconception people have that OCD is just some cute quirky thing. It feels good to express this because I've been trying to overcome OCD for a while, I overcame it once before but it came back with a vengeance. I'm trying my best to get through it thoughย :chick3: I already did it once, I can do it again! OCD can be so paralysing that it can sometimes even be difficult to blink or breathe without the OCD kicking into gear and it definitely tries to disrupt the creative process. If anyone else struggles with this too, I recommend listening to your intuition/gut/soul/heart. That is what works for me. :heart2:

ย 

I also want to take advantage of there being no eliminations. Like... what can I try to write that I would be hesitant to if there were actual eliminations?

ย 

So yeah I think there's a good chance I'll just serve a compilation EP instead with "random" songs and sell it on the market. We'll see! HanARMiis will probably still buy it so :fan:

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

Cue live feed of HanARMiis jumping for joy when they found out about the impending release of Hanami-Blossom's Greatest Hits compilation anthology EP debut self-titled Hanami Blossom (without the hyphen due to a publishing error) which includes some songs you've definitely never heard before from THE VAULT with 1 REDUCED, REUSED, RECYCLED NEW SONG and 1 OLD NEW 30-SECOND DEMO sponsored by the Voice Memosโ„ข app - all the other songs you've already purchased 108748134 times:

ย 

bup-bup-mii.gif

ย 

(Not me having one fan though kii at least ha wig is SCALPED :jonny5: a true fan)

ย 

(this is just a parody btw ffff not me already hiring a legal team, I'm not actually going to sell anything for now :gaycat3:)

ย 

Edited by Hanami-Blossom

13 minutes ago, 8thPrince said:

Iโ€™m in :lakitu:

Absolutely thrilled to see you sign up, and looking forward to what you bring to the table this time!

ย 

1. Julia Foxย 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.ย 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

24. Blue.

25. 8thPrince

8 hours ago, Prisoner said:

im thinking. Give me timeย :gaycat6:

:heart:

2 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

Why am I not in the golden list?

there we goย :gaycatina1:

ย 

1. Julia Foxย 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.ย 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

24. Blue.

25. 8thPrince
26. hurricane326ย 

ย 

Count me inย :gaycatina1:

1. Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

I'm a cis gay male from Texas, he/him

I played CAL so I had to write songs and I have written some better I'd never say I am professional or anythign I'm actually very mediocre lol

I dont think I have any specifically

Anything clever

Personal experiences

I'm not on my personal computer so I dont have any on me

13 hours ago, luckystrike said:

- Everyone in here calls me lucky but you can refer to me as luckystrike too!ย I go by he/him but I'm not bothered by other pronouns! I'm 21 andย I'm Mexican so Englishย isn'tย my native language, butย Iย feel comfy enough with it andย I'm currently in uniย studyingย audio engineering and musical production/theory.ย :gaycat4:

ย 

-ย I started getting into it on my ownย just for fun a few years ago, I found it to be a very effective form of therapy/coping for me, thenย I eventually stumbled upon songwriting games in here,ย I've participated in 2/3?ย seasons of Song of the Season whereย I learned a lot about basic songwriting skills whichย Iย didn't have before, and now due to the nature of my career, songwriting is pretty much a big part of it!

ย 

- We're in a pop music forum so I'm obviously gonna sayย Taylorย Swift is one of themย :rip:ย but to mention other people in terms of songwriting; Lorde, Troye Sivan, MUNA, Billie Eilish, Clairo, Ryn Weaver, etc.

ย 

- I think a perfect example is my favorite album of all time,ย The Foolย byย Ryn Weaver. I think that album is just soooo wellย written and it has so many of my favorite one liners ever.ย ย 

ย 

- I used to find it VERY hard to write about non-personal things or stuffย Iย hadn'tย goneย through becauseย I was so used to writing songs based on my life and thingsย I go through but sinceย Iย started college, I think I've learned how to find inspiration in other things and even write about made up scenarios just for the sake of it, latelyย I've been very into the idea of thinking about a very good and eye catching song title and just writing a whole song around it, no matter what it ends up being about, soย I think it just depends on the type of inspiration I'm feeling

ย 

- This is a fragment of a songย I wrote a while ago called "twilight" thatย I really like and want to eventually end upย making into a real song!!

ย 

ย 

Are you enjoying studying music theory and audio engineering? I have always wondered what it would be like to do it!

Big YAS to another Ryn fan. Like you said, The Fool is one of my favourite albums (RynWeaver2 WHEN?), it's definitely one of the best debuts I've ever heard. It still sounds fresh to this day and the writing is absolutely top tier!

Similar to what you mentioned, at least for me like 99% of what I write starts off with me getting inspired with a title, and then I write a song for the title. It might be an odd way of doing so, but I've always worked that way for some reason :laugh:ย I always make track lists and have carried titles with me for years that I eventually end up writing songs to when it's the right time and they find a place in my life. And I relate to finding it hard to not write about things that are not personal to you, I feel as though whenever I write I ultimately end up making it has personal aspects even if I didn't specifically intend to.ย 

The part of your song you shared is really pretty, and actually I think it would work well as a real song, I can already hear it just from reading the lyrics, so great job :clap3:

ย 

12 hours ago, Element said:

Helloooo everyone. My name is Element and my pronouns are he/him. I am newly 26 (where are my fellow Taurus legends??). You might know me as a veteran Games section member who hosts both Let's Spoon and ATRL Survivor! I've played in quite a few tournaments over the years, and truly love this community. Day-to-day, I work in technology as a business analyst/project manager, which isn't boring! It has its stressful moments though. I got my degree in accounting which I resented hehe but I decided to stop going down that route before it was too late. I did minor in English as I enjoy writing! My #1 hobby is graphic design which I taught myself at the age of 13.

ย 

Tbh I haven't had much time to do lyrical writing in the last few years. I played Platinum Hit a few times back in college, and actually got 5th place in one of those which was unexpected but very cute. I love coming up with pop melodies and my phone has hundreds of voice memos with cute choruses that will never see the light of day. Some bops though, I can not lie.

ย 

I'm an Ellie Goulding stan through and through and love her work. Recently, I've become enamored with the whimsical philosophies of Kilo Kish. Her album American Gurl is a smashing electropop success that critiques consumerism and the digital age in a very fun, clever manner. I HIGHLY recommend it.

ย 

ย 

I find that it's whatever kind of pops into my head at the moment. As much as I love planning things out, the best inspiration for me is that which just suddenly appears. My recommendation is to always make sure you have something to write it down or record it!

ย 

Whew I had to go way back in my Google Doc archives for this one.

This was from the interlude challenge in PH back in 2015:

ย 

"Twilight"

ย 

ย 

At the border, on the edge

Near the cusp of something greaterย 

Than our mortal hands can savor

ย 

Watch the light, it's getting faded

See the stars slide into motion

Over this liminal ocean

ย 

Let's dive into another world

Just jump off of the sand

ย 

Are you frightened? Don't be frightened.

ย 

Hold my, hold my, hold my...

ย 

ย 

ย 

And this was from the "album title" challenge from that same season:

ย 

ย 

"Night Visions"

ย 

Verse

The midnight oil burns up again

As I sit silent with my pen

The thoughts become the words

That I have written

ย 

My father -- he don't understand

Why I can't be like other men

As visions in the nightย 

Possess my bodyย 

ย 

Chorus

The pillars of realityย 

Are images of me and you

ย 

Verse

Moonlight shines through the window glass

And new ideas come so fastย 

A new chapter beginsย 

When the sun's hidden

ย 

My mother -- she can't seem to grasp

The ways of an insomniac

These visions in the nightย 

Possess my heartbeatย 

ย 

Chorus

The pillars of realityย 

Are images of me and you

ย 

Bridge

Tides grow, smoke flows

Through this indigo sky

Don't doubt the stars' glow

In this mystical nightย 

ย 

Chorus (x2)

The pillars of realityย 

Are images of me and you

ย 

ย 

ย 

Looking forward to a great mini season!!

ย 

spoon!

I am very excited to see what you bring to the game Element, lets put that English minor to useย :eddie:ย very happy to have your participation!

It's funny that even when we may not be actively writing we still end up thinking about it and subconsciously coming up with melodies and what not. I can relate to that a lot, much of my inspiration can actually just occur by chance or the subconscious and starts as little ideas like those. I suppose this just means you might be a born writer!

So, I have not heard of Kilo Kish before but I will have to check her now after this recommendation. From what your described, it sounds like I'd really enjoy her

If everybody doesn't have google docs and the app on their phone, I'd definitely recommend it. I keep all my ideas and my songs there, and like you said it's important to have a place to write down and store those ideas that come to us, and google docs is a great way to do so!

Despite being 7 years old, the songs you shared absolutely hold up. I specifically love Night Visions, so moving and relatable.ย :chick3:

ย 

12 hours ago, Astro said:

I'm Astro, he/they are my pronouns, but I'm cool with whatever! I'm somewhat obsessed with space and sometimes like to incorporate it + the myths that space is tied to into my works.ย 

ย 

I write... Constantly. I tend to be better when I'm not in competition type things because I feel like I'm in a box for them and my works suffer. But I'm trying to not do that for this game and am just kind of seeing what happens.

ย 

I like a lot of writers and it's pretty eclectic. Taylor Swift - naturally; I like Halsey because of how distinct she is; Mitski is really good too; I also really like Phoebe Bridgers. These are just the first ones who come to mind, really.ย 

ย 

I actually don't know how to answer this! So I'm gonna say anything from Puberty 2!

ย 

I write a lot about relationships because my heart dictates most things I do, but I don't like doing the same thing often, so I will try different takes on the same subject until I feel like I've exhausted all of my options. Nature is also nice.

ย 

grace:

dying:ย 

prenup:

ย 

I would definitely be down to read some space inspired submissions :eli:

I can relate to feeling like the pressure of the competition can get to you, comparing yourself to others and what not, it can be hard! But I would say, it might really help to view Golden Hit as more of a song writing boot camp rather than a song writing competition. With nobody being eliminated, you don't have to view yourself as in competition with anybody else this season, other than yourself I suppose. It should really just be a great opportunity to test your writing and to grow with the help of other writers and the challenges! If there was ever a game where the pressure isn't on, it's this :celestial3:

If the examples you shared are anything to go by, I think you'll do great, I really enjoyed reading them. To be honest, I can hear somebody recording prenup right now. I don't know if you intended for it to be this way but I can definitely see a hyperpop girl singing it.

ย 

9 hours ago, Arrows said:

ย 

1.ย Tell us a little about yourself (preferred name, pronouns, etc.)

Iโ€™m Arrows, Iโ€™m a 22-year old guy from Scandinavia studying architecture :Dย 

This is me:

Y6wXxOl5wjDs.jpg?o=1

I have written songs for years, but the process is different each time - sometimes I have a chorus and lyrics in my head for ages, other times I sit down and decide I want to write a song about a certain topic.

ย 

I always thought that writing poetry is one thing, coming up with melodies is another, but combining them both to create magic is really difficult!

ย 

I would lie if I didnโ€™t say Taylor Swift was my #1 biggest inspiration who got me into songwriting in the first place, but other main inspirations include Lorde, Snail Mail, Beach House, Kacey Musgraves, Billie/Finneas, ABBA, Troye Sivan, Haim, Max Martin and Carly.

ย 

I love songs with very specific themes, songs that manage to tell a complicated story in a few minutes. Examples of this are Catโ€™s In The Cradle by Harry Chapin and Three Wooden Crosses by Randy Travis.

ย 

As for melodies, I tend to be more attracted to subtle catchiness, a precise topline, relatively simple chords and varying song structures.

ย 

Anything that makes me feel something very strongly.

ย 

6. Lastly, feel freeย you share some examples of your writing!

โ€œThe Menaceโ€

ย 

ย (verse 1)
Iย got used to your ways, all the times you took off

Were just endless experiments, testings of trust

Got me hopelessly trying to prove this love

โ€™fore I realizedโ€ฆ

It was gone

ย 

All the jabs and the scars I was trained to ignore

All the caps and the cars that you prized even more

Than the friends sacrificed just to fight your war

Shouldโ€™ve know you were nothing moreโ€ฆ

ย 

(Chorus)

Than the menace

The menace, yeah

Shouldโ€™ve known

I shouldโ€™ve know

ย 

(Verse 2)

Being you isnโ€™t easy, youโ€™re easy to blame

But you cannot excuse it, you cannot explain

Cause the heroes of mine, they kill monsters without becoming them

ย 

Had myself disappear cause you forced me to choose

Now your mission is clear, what you thought you could to

Was to strip me from people to tell me the truthโ€ฆ

About you

ย 

(Chorus)

The menace

The menace, yeah

Shouldโ€™ve known

I shouldโ€™ve known

(Bridge)

I thought Iโ€™d never say goodbye

You said Iโ€™d never dare to

I know Iโ€™ll never fall in love again

ย 

And youโ€™d go on for hours and hours at night

Your struggles and battles, my flaws

I patiently listened to all those long explanations of yours

Ended up all the same, I was always at fault

ย 

But now, itโ€™s been long enoughย 

I empathize with just one of us

โ€™Cause one is as good as new

And the otherโ€ฆ

Is stuck with you

(Chorus)

The menace

The menace, yeahย 

Shouldโ€™ve knownย 

I shouldโ€™ve known

ย 

ย 

ย 

Thanks for signing up! Also, very cute picย :heart:

The artists you listed are all really great, and the songs you mentioned are really interesting, I don't think anybody has mentioned them before but they are great examples of well written songs!

I don't know if I'm right here, but The Menace is kinda giving reputation era teas a little? :eli:ย I really enjoyed reading it and can definitely see it in that vain, even with Taylor's voice singing it in my head. A great sign :clap3:

ย 

5 hours ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

I'm already brainstorming a little about what approach I might take during the season. 6 rounds means around 6 songs so that could make for a cute little EP. The thing is: Creating a whole era with central themes would be pretty cool and I appreciate cohesion but I need variety and I want to feel more free while writing without being tied down to a specific concept for the entire season. I struggle with overthinking and I don't do well with planning (even though I can get consumed by spreadsheetsย :dies:) so I might just let the songwriting process just naturally flow from within and not set any difficult expectations or overly high standards for myself.

ย 

OCD is actually really debilitating - it's a common misconception people have that OCD is just some cute quirky thing. It feels good to express this because I've been trying to overcome OCD for a while, I overcame it once before but it came back with a vengeance. I'm trying my best to get through it thoughย :chick3: I already did it once, I can do it again! OCD can be so paralysing that it can sometimes even be difficult to blink or breathe without the OCD kicking into gear and it definitely tries to disrupt the creative process. If anyone else struggles with this too, I recommend listening to your intuition/gut/soul/heart. That is what works for me. :heart2:

ย 

I also want to take advantage of there being no eliminations. Like... what can I try to write that I would be hesitant to if there were actual eliminations?

ย 

So yeah I think there's a good chance I'll just serve a compilation EP instead with "random" songs and sell it on the market. We'll see! HanARMiis will probably still buy it so :fan:

ย 

Cue live feed of HanARMiis jumping for joy when they found out about the impending release of Hanami-Blossom's Greatest Hits compilation anthology EP debut self-titled Hanami Blossom (without the hyphen due to a publishing error) with 1 REDUCED, REUSED, RECYCLED NEW SONG and 1 OLD NEW 30-SECOND DEMO sponsored by the Voice Memosโ„ข app:

ย 

bup-bup-mii.gif

ย 

(Not me having one fan though kii at least ha wig is SCALPED :jonny5: a true fan)

ย 

(this is just a parody btw ffff not me already hiring a legal team, I'm not actually going to sell anything for now :gaycat3:)

ย 

Loving the brainstorming already :clap3:ย and yes, with 6 rounds everybody could leave this with a really cute EP ay the end! That's the intention, anyway.

I don't think you need to worry about being cohesive. Every round the challenge and the theme challenges, so of course diversity is intrinsically linked to this kind of game! Of course, you can still try to put cohesive elements into your submissions and that would be fun to see, but I don't think you need to set yourself to certain standards. My advice would be to write what comes to you in the moment each round, using whatever inspiration the challenge provides you with. If you feel like creative an overall cohesiveness, you can always edit that in after you've written or drafted your song, or you could even do it after the game is over.

Not to be too on the nose, but if OCD is something that is effecting you at the moment, you can always put that into your writing. I'm sure we all know writing is a huge outlet in that way, and it'd be interesting to read a song about these experiences.ย 

With the lack of eliminations, it definitely means you can go all out and try ideas you might normally think are too much! Of course, they might all not be successes, but you'll never know and you'll never learn unless you try.ย 

ย 

bup-bup-mii.gif

ย 

4 hours ago, 8thPrince said:

Iโ€™m in :lakitu:

8thKING :jonnycat:

36 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Count me inย :gaycatina1:

ย 

2 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

I want to participate please :hug:

Thank you for signing up! :heart:

ย 

1. Julia Foxย 

2. Insanity

3. Hanami-Blossom

4. boubour

5. Remmy

6. Astro

7. Jackson

8. Achilles.ย 

9. Seiko Oomori

10. Speezy

11. Euterpe

12. GentleDance

13. ughgabriel

14. Obsession

15. Element

16. OreGuy

17. Overprotected

18. JoeAG

19. TruGemini

20. โ˜†lex

21. Augmented

22. luckystrike

23. Arrows

24. Blue.

25. 8thPrince
26. hurricane326

27. JonginBey

28. Better Mistakes

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Loving the brainstorming already :clap3:ย and yes, with 6 rounds everybody could leave this with a really cute EP ay the end! That's the intention, anyway.

I don't think you need to worry about being cohesive. Every round the challenge and the theme challenges, so of course diversity is intrinsically linked to this kind of game! Of course, you can still try to put cohesive elements into your submissions and that would be fun to see, but I don't think you need to set yourself to certain standards. My advice would be to write what comes to you in the moment each round, using whatever inspiration the challenge provides you with. If you feel like creative an overall cohesiveness, you can always edit that in after you've written or drafted your song, or you could even do it after the game is over.

Not to be too on the nose, but if OCD is something that is effecting you at the moment, you can always put that into your writing. I'm sure we all know writing is a huge outlet in that way, and it'd be interesting to read a song about these experiences.ย 

With the lack of eliminations, it definitely means you can go all out and try ideas you might normally think are too much! Of course, they might all not be successes, but you'll never know and you'll never learn unless you try.ย 

ย 

bup-bup-mii.gif

That's actually a good point, I can just patchwork the cohesiveness into everything later. Not you serving creative adviser :gaycat1: Thank you!

ย 

Yes, it's easy to become overwhelmed with a grand idea. Sometimes the idea is better than when you're actually putting it into practice and then you realise that it's not really working. I think I'll just take it easy and focus on the one song in the current round that it is instead of trying to build my own cinematic universe, although that would be so cool :jonny: Hoping I serve more of an MCU than a DCEU if I do create a universe for my songs.

ย 

Flexibility and freedom are very important to me so I still like to keep options available.

ย 

For this game I really want to serve The Lord of the Rings and bring fantasy worlds to life that do not exist in real life, and really ignite the imagination of myself but also the people reading my lyrics. :jonny5: Like imagine writing a song about a world with anthropomorphic cats wearing stiletto boots:gaycat1:

ย 

I've considered incorporating something like OCD into my songs for this game and it's still an option on the table but I think I've realised that for me it is healthy to keep some songs to myself. The more personal a song is, the more vulnerable you're being and I think there are some things that I want to keep separate from receiving feedback on especially in a public space.

ย 

To the other participants: I think it's important to consider what you're comfortable with submitting :heart: Will you be okay with hearing critiques about that particular song you've written? Do you want to share these lyrics with others? Songwriting can be incredibly personal and we all have different sensitivities. It's important to take care of yourself. I do think a song that sheds light on OCD would be fascinating though and songwriting can often be a beautiful, cathartic outlet.

Edited by Hanami-Blossom

Here would be my own personal answersย :celestial3:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Well, I am fountain of course, but some may also know me previously as keshaspearsxo, and my real name is Lee; I'll go by any, though some are certainly better options :eli:! For pronouns, I'm happy to go by any. I'm from the UK, but nobody would ever know by my irregular sleeping schedule.ย 

ย 

Similar to my co-host Aurora, I first started competing in song writing games on ATRL all the way back in 2014. I was interested in song writing for some time before that, but by taking part in the games on here is what really gave me some good experience and has been key to growing as a writer. Truthfully, the experiences have really been integral in helping me become the writer that I am today! Hopefully this experience can be similar for others.

ย 

I would say my top 3 favourites are Jonna Lee (iamamiwhoami/ionnalee), Amy Winehouse and Ryn Weaver, but I love a lot of artists and you've all listed some really great ones.

ย 

Of course fountain by iamamiwhoami, New Constellations by Ryn Weaver, Some Unholy War by Amy Winehouse, Chewing Cotton Wool by The Japanese House, Funeral by Phoebe Bridgers, Portal by Lights, Intro by M83, Alaska by Maggie Rogers, Alan by Perfume Genius, Fellow Feeling by Porter Robinson, night swimming by Soccer Mommy, Tee Shirt by Birdy, Turning Page by Sleeping at Last. There's a nice little playlist for whoever wants it!

ย 

I think there are lots of inspirations to be had, anything that emotionally resonates with you can be an inspiration, but of course the biggest inspiration of all is life and all it encompasses. Nature, dreams, the self, others, love, creation and existence, society, I mean there are so many things to draw inspiration from, all around us, every moment. There's probably something in front of you right now that you could use as a piece of inspiration. I think after writing for so many years, it's kind of ingrained in me now and it's probably something I'll do for the rest of my life; it feels like my brain has even been wired to think in lyrical ways, sometimes, and inspiration can also just come subconsciously like that, through thoughts. Most recently though, I've been inspired by and toying with free form writing.

ย 

Honestly I've written quite a lot of songs, the older ones are bad, the newer ones get better, but it's all subjective anyway.ย 

I'll share these, last year I wrote a trinity of "Orange" songs (thanks @ughgabriel). They are pretty personal and deal with a darker topic so I wouldn't recommend everybody to read it. Parts are not really your standard "song", there's sometimes no chorus, it's can be a lot more spoken than sung, but hopefully sharing this can also be an example of how you don't have to write to a specific predetermined formula. I was very proud of having written them though, they were an incredible release for me personally.

ย 

Orange

Iโ€™ve not always longed for another person,ย 

And surely now not for a while

A lack of desire people have more questions of than me

How can that be?

ย 

Not directly out of hurt, but how am I to know?

Thereโ€™s a few memories that Iโ€™d quite like to let go

So for the time being I wonโ€™t be expecting much

I donโ€™t have thoughts of such

ย 

But if I did, thereโ€™s a scene I see

It plays out so happily

Two people close, a light yet gracious air

That makes sure you feel safe there

Thereโ€™s not an issue, of proximity

For once, how can it be?

Theyโ€™re both pretty, but thereโ€™s bags under their eyes

โ€˜Cause theyโ€™ve forgot to sleep

Itโ€™s what you wish for, itโ€™s what you dream

When I picture me and you in a room,

Itโ€™s orange

ย 

For warmth, I donโ€™t take to labelling

As the frigidity of thatโ€™s too much

Iโ€™ve not been known to really fit conventions

Just like this, apprehension

ย 

Maybe it all could have played out differently

But thereโ€™s no way to see,

And Iโ€™m not caught up in fantasy over changing me

Yet still, who knows?ย 

ย 

But if it did, thereโ€™s a scene Iโ€™d see

It plays out so beautifully

Two people close, a light yet gracious air

That makes sure you feel safe there

Thereโ€™s not an issue, of proximity

For once, how can it be?

Theyโ€™re both pretty, but thereโ€™s bags under their eyes

โ€˜Cause theyโ€™ve forgot to sleep

Itโ€™s what you wish for, itโ€™s what you dream

When I picture me and you in a room,

Itโ€™s orange

ย 

Is it the vulnerability?

Or is this just me?

I donโ€™t mean to say it like questioning,

But I suppose thatโ€™s what it isโ€ฆย 

To wish of never being in a position of weakness again,

Of complexities and identities, Iโ€™m tired

โ€˜Cause I wanna know everything of me, is so

Despite all the room to grow,ย 

Just something concrete to know

If I myself canโ€™t even be that

Then what can I expect of the world

When it itself may even just be as clueless

After all, always just spinning aroundโ€ฆ

Thatโ€™s the longing I experience at most

Like Iโ€™m back in my body but itโ€™s not home

Not that Iโ€™ve disappointment at the thought

Iโ€™m just wishing that it seemed more familiar

Well, it all does sound appealing at times

But I canโ€™t easily lie to the way I feel inside

That the picture of a scene that plays in my mind

And my life, may never end up being alignedย 

Something of intimate connection,

And something as simple as touch

To you, it may not seem so much

But for me itโ€™s been much more surreal

For whereโ€™s a resolution,

In not feeling what everyone else feels?

Like I am the orange,

And Iโ€™ve been peeled

ย 

Orange Room

Why is the piano sad,

Itโ€™s being touched, is that by choice?

Little complex to know, but I like itโ€™s sound

Something renowned

I could do that, I could make great music

Maybe I do,

Maybe I donโ€™t

ย 

Change wonโ€™t, come without asking

But I can think of things that do,

Like you

Unbeknownst to me, if in a scene would have no tune

Or something menacing if pushed at force,

As done,

Or more a lead of blinded sheep

Like herd in blackout, bed and sleep

To wake up after incomplete,

Granted only a few frames

Like walls, and sheets, and skin as claimed

Taken as weak, one to accept,

If you can call it that,

Of mind unfit, consciousness drift

Slight pain, a bit

No orange pith

ย 

For first time endeavours,

To be stained as such

Youโ€™ll make it your last time,

Or is that too much

Years of contemplation

Feeling a cliche

Of someone hurt, whoโ€™ll change themself

A stereotype, a misrepresentation

When looking for those of same foundation

Or better yet, a failureย 

To one self, in negligenceย 

Without my choice, youโ€™d never have the chance

And I played that dance, a thoughtless advance

Giving new experience, making someone think thatโ€™s right

Even having little recollection of a night

Something brushed off first, but made to rethink

Hearing other stories, and learning new things

ย 

So, maybe I donโ€™t know what I am right now

Maybe I do

Maybe I donโ€™t remember,

But thereโ€™s some things I do,

Like the piano thatโ€™s sad, itโ€™s being touched

Is that by choice

Iโ€™ll never know, I can only assume

Taking the music, what we consume

Like memories that loom,

Iโ€™ll never forget that room

ย 

///////////////

Iโ€™ve only been there once, but Iโ€™ve returned many times

///////////////

ย 

I want to go back to the moment

I had my first breath

I want to take you too

And make you watch

See, you only know me at nineteen

But that was me, a child

Witness my birth, take in the air

Then go back to when you met me, and maybe then care

Please do things differentlyย 

Since youโ€™re older, you shouldย 

And since youโ€™re older, Iโ€™ll wonder,

Where were you, when I had my first heartbeat?

Where were you, as I let out my first cry?

Where were you, when they found out that I,

Existed?

ย 

So, we all know how it happens

How a person comes to be

Their creation, that moment

Itโ€™s something you can see

Then tell me why you took that thing,

Of intimacy, the closest you can be

To each other, to your future

To being a God yourself

In bringing forth life

All of that beauty

And you twisted it, dirtied it

Into the last thing it should be

At the first time, for me

And still, only

ย 

Is that how you take a bite out of fruit,

Too recklessย 

To cut it open,

And go straight to the center

Focus in on only the core

And not really think of more?

What youโ€™re doing, consequences

Whereโ€™s the limit, line of fences

Round fragile skin, that lacks defences

But, you did it boldly

Walked up right to the tree

Grabbed my branch,

And plucked me

Never had the chance to fall,

The option wasnโ€™t mine

Opposite of natural,

No saccharineย 

Then of the body, when youโ€™re done

Wash your hands, remove your rings

To make sure you clean all, thoroughly

Cause we know how it can be,

How orange juice stingsย 

ย 

I could be a lot of things,

I could be free

I think that I am,

But still have this memory

ย So maybe itโ€™s a plague,

Maybe an infection

Because you could have infected me

Really, you could have infected me

And little would I have known,

If I didnโ€™t still see your pictures show up on my phone

Donโ€™t let it hinder your pride

But youโ€™re playing a dangerous game, when youโ€™ve willingly lied

So let deception rule if you want,

Just keep going for younger people, who donโ€™t know what they want

But are easily lead, because drinks donโ€™t cost much

Until you blackout, and wake up, as a subject to stranger touch

ย 

I still think I could rebuild my trust,

But do I even want to really try

Or is it just a waste of time

And something absent from my life

Forevermore,ย 

Iโ€™ll close my windows,ย 

Shut the doors

Lay down in bed,ย 

Alone each time

At end of light

Or sleepless nights

I once would ponder,

Dream and wonder,

Of the day Iโ€™d find someone

And now that passions fully gone

Thereโ€™s not much left for that I care

And when I think of what someone would do for me;

Could do to me,

Youโ€™re always thereย 

I guess thatโ€™s the thing with rooms,

Of any orange hue

They donโ€™t belong to me now,

All to you.ย 

ย 

Orange Seeds

I keep thinking about how a body heals itself

But nobody believes in magic, freely

I get a cut, and in a few days itโ€™s gone

That feels like everything I need is already within my body

So it can stitch itself together

Back again, but as a whole Iโ€™m not the same

Thereโ€™s a lot that I could learn from the skin that Iโ€™m within

In figuring out a way, to believe that everything is - and will - remain okay

ย 

When I was younger, I had these thoughts about what I might look like when I was older

Whether that was what I thought I might look like when I was 18, at 13

Or wondering about what I might look like at 25, when I was 19

And it turns out, nothing that drastic really happened

Sure, thereโ€™s been some different hair colours, facial hair might come and go

But if you wanted to be something new, then Iโ€™m sorry, but it didnโ€™t happen

I think the thing that I wanted the most, was just to be a different person

But Iโ€™m still the same, oh what a shame, for the kid somewhere inside me

ย 

And thatโ€™s where things have happened the most

My innard infrastructure has known change to boast

But I think that it did, back then, even too

I just hope that Iโ€™ve done all the right things for you

And when I was a kid, like others I thought

If I ate the seed of a fruit, itโ€™d sprout inside me

I must have done so, and it must all have been true

Because something has been growing inside meย 

ย 

It feels like for such a long time, from things that happened, Iโ€™ve not wanted love

Or thought that Iโ€™d never have love, for many reason, or that I wasnโ€™t deserving

I think Iโ€™ve realised, somewhere, that it might be the thing I want the most

Or had known inside all along, but wasnโ€™t ready to admit it again

Because I used to be such a lover, it was the catalyst of my daydreams

I treated it like a certainty, and a pure thing, that only time held back

But when the peeling of layers came, it started to feel so different

In so many ways, now; Iโ€™m slowly coming back to myself

ย 

I think that, maybe, I would like to be intimate with somebody

Because it could be beautiful, it could be great

Iโ€™ve just not had the best sample of luck

When it comes to that bodily side of fate

All of god's great secrets, and lifeโ€™s vast mysteries

An entire universe before you to explore

But it was love, as kindness, that for one reasonย 

Or another, I could not begin to comprehendย 

ย 

I guess thatโ€™s the thing about love

Or even just life as a whole

It wasnโ€™t something to make you think,

But just something that you should enjoy

When the opportunity arises

Most a time you would not expect

Because itโ€™s funny, how it works

But no doubt, when it does, you should accept

ย 

So, what would I do

If someone extended immeasurable kindness toward me?

I donโ€™t know

ย 

So, what would I do

If someone granted unfathomable loving upon me?

I donโ€™t knowย 

ย 

Itโ€™s just that;

Immeasurably, unfathomably,ย 

Esoteric to my mind:

But only an issue of time

ย 

With still some things to work out, for now,

Questions, understandably for good reason

Iโ€™ve done my time, Iโ€™ve played the game of wait

And at the end there remains this matter to put straightย 

ย 

If I was drunk

And somebody took money from me

We wouldnโ€™t call it being taken advantage of

Itโ€™d be a crime, theyโ€™d be a thief, itโ€™d be called robbery,

So if Iโ€™m drunk

And somebody takes sex from me

Why do they call it being taken advantage of;

Letโ€™s call it what it is

ย 

And if I was something,ย 

Not yet fully realisedย 

Of all potentials in growth, after it all

Iโ€™d be a possibility, a seed of some kind

So if Iโ€™m something, now

Parallel in such ways

Iโ€™ll take all the time I might ever need

And see myself back to the dirt

ย 

God Iโ€™d do anything, anything, if it could all make sense

But for the time being Iโ€™ll take all lifeโ€™s offerings, no pretenceย 

I might not understand, but youโ€™ll never know what I have found

Walking round, hand filled, sewing these holes into the ground

And nothing could compare

Not the trees, and the fruit, and the juice, and the rooms that I see;

Of orange, to when my heart and my hope take the leads

If for a moment, opening up, and planting my own orange seedsย 

ย 

So ripen, raise up at root

My lichen, and citrus fruit

If Iโ€™m gonna be anything;

Iโ€™ll be a gardened sum

If Iโ€™m gonna do anything;

Iโ€™ll paint a greener thumb

And when the time came, I did it

Oh how profound what I have foundย 

It's so heartwarming that we can all make it to the end of the game if we want to. We are ALL finalists, if we want to be :gaycat1:

ย 

Golden Hit honestly started at the perfect time for me. I'm kind of in a metamorphosis era right now. I'm getting reinvigorated for life, the weather is perfect and I'm ready to nurture my creative side again. This experience has already been transformational for me (and Round 1 hasn't even started yet lol), it's helped me to begin opening my heart up again. I've really enjoyed connecting with you all.

ย 

I'm super excited to write songs out in nature with a notebook, pencil and an eraser (not a pen because the good sis needs to be able to erase some lyrics :skull:) and just feel more connected and me. I've really learned to appreciate physical things more. The digital world is impressive but it is like it takes place in another dimension, it feels intangible like the mind. It feels like we are using alien technology. Anyway :hoetenks:

ย 

I hope everyone enjoys themselves and have fun! :spring: :heart: :blush:

1 hour ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

That's actually a good point, I can just patchwork the cohesiveness into everything later. Not you serving creative adviser :gaycat1: Thank you!

ย 

Yes, it's easy to become overwhelmed with a grand idea. Sometimes the idea is better than when you're actually putting it into practice and then you realise that it's not really working. I think I'll just take it easy and focus on the one song in the current round that it is instead of trying to build my own cinematic universe, although that would be so cool :jonny: Hoping I serve more of an MCU than a DCEU if I do create a universe for my songs.

ย 

Flexibility and freedom are very important to me so I still like to keep options available.

ย 

For this game I really want to serve The Lord of the Rings and bring fantasy worlds to life that do not exist in real life, and really ignite the imagination of myself but also the people reading my lyrics. :jonny5: Like imagine writing a song about a world with anthropomorphic cats wearing stiletto boots:gaycat1:

ย 

I've considered incorporating something like OCD into my songs for this game and it's still an option on the table but I think I've realised that for me it is healthy to keep some songs to myself. The more personal a song is, the more vulnerable you're being and I think there are some things that I want to keep separate from receiving feedback on especially in a public space.

ย 

To the other participants: I think it's important to consider what you're comfortable with submitting :heart: Will you be okay with hearing critiques about that particular song you've written? Do you want to share these lyrics with others? Songwriting can be incredibly personal and we all have different sensitivities. It's important to take care of yourself. I do think a song that sheds light on OCD would be fascinating though and songwriting can often be a beautiful, cathartic outlet.

Happy to be a creative adviser anytime :eli:

I'm here for all of this, the HCU (Hanami Cinematic Universe), your LOTR fantasy worlds and even the cats in stiletto boots. If there was ever somewhere to do it, it's here in GHย :clap3:

I totally understand the keeping some songs to yourself thing. It's incredibly emotional sharing personal pieces of yourself, especially writing. Of course, I would say that Golden Hit is a safe space where players can share absolutely anything that they want, but ultimately it is your choice and determined by your level of comfort, which is the most important thing.ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

It's so heartwarming that we can all make it to the end of the game if we want to. We are ALL finalists, if we want to be :gaycat1:

ย 

Golden Hit honestly started at the perfect time for me. I'm kind of in a metamorphosis era right now. I'm getting reinvigorated for life, the weather is perfect and I'm ready to nurture my creative side again. This experience has already been transformational for me (and Round 1 hasn't even started yet lol), it's helped me to begin opening my heart up again. I've really enjoyed connecting with you all.

ย 

I'm super excited to write songs out in nature with a notebook, pencil and an eraser (not a pen because the good sis needs to be able to erase some lyrics :skull:) and just feel more connected and me. I've really learned to appreciate physical things more. The digital world is impressive but it is like it takes place in another dimension, it feels intangible like the mind. It feels like we are using alien technology. Anyway :hoetenks:

ย 

I hope everyone enjoys themselves and have fun! :spring: :heart: :blush:

Congratulations, you're all going to the final!ย :jonnycat:

Honestly I'm so glad that the timing seems right. Aurora and I have been planning this for a while, but it honestly came together very quickly and we are super pleased with the response so far. We wanted to make it happen as soon as possible, firstly to mark the 5 year anniversary of Platinum Hit 10.5 (which was basically the pilot of Golden Hit :eli:) and also because we knew there would be many people looking for a space like this to write and how important it can be as you have listed!

And yes, ultimately this is supposed to be for fun, first and foremost. The competitive aspect is gone (though of course you can treat the game competitively if you personally wish to) and this is more about creating a space for the song writing community here to come together, write some great songs, maybe write some not so great songs too but ultimately grow from this and all learn from each other.ย :bird:

13 hours ago, Arrows said:

ย 

ย 

13 hours ago, Arrows said:

ย 

Scandi-pop is the best sub-genre, ready for the Max Martin of ATRL to arrive :duca:ย 

My name is (surprise) Jackson. I'm 25 and have my degrees in accounting which unlike @Elementย I don't (always) resent. I'm from the western US but live in Chicago.

ย 

I've been writing songs since before I could read. I participated in every Platinum Hit season either as a contestant/judge/host between 2014-2017 before taking a few years off. I've also written songs with friends and even a few ATRLers, performed at some open mics and post songs sporadically online. I'm currently working on a project - whether it ends up being an EP, mixtape, or album is yet to be decided.

ย 

I'm not going to pretend to have profound music taste. Much like @Aurora, I was raised on pure pop and my first fave is Katy Perry. I was also the OG Kacey Musgraves stan on here. I'm a big fan of the storytelling in country lyrics and the way pop paints such vivid pictures lyrically and melodically.

ย 

Proof that Katy CAN be an excellent songwriter

ย 

I like to write about all aspects of life. My writing tends to be quite introspective, often about my own anxieties and insecurities. In the past, I wrote a lot about my struggles with religion and identity. I'm also not afraid to write a basic pop bop too, though.

ย 

I'll take this opportunity to share some of my favorite original songs :foxaylove2:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Felt inspired today and wrote thisโ€ฆ this is so personal right now and itโ€™s hard to be so open and exposed on a forum full of strangers but I feel thatโ€™s the power of writing and doing art, showing your vulnerability and strengths so here it is xx

ย 

life is crashing everything from me

what a tragedy

abandoned like atlantis

no one's dancing with me

people scream to meย 

they said you are not searching for me

said they see you with someone new

and my heart felt like rain

pouring, bombing, breaking in

my bedroom was like an ocean

dark and blue like the night we met

may 5th 2019

how could I forget that date

you know now itโ€™s been three yearsย 

doesnโ€™t it feel like yesterday

that we kiss once for the first time

on your warm little old bed

watching documentariesย 

cigarettes, daydreams and butterflies

were all over our hearts

who would have thought we did this far

but itโ€™s over and itโ€™s sad

but nothing lasts foreverย 

but i know we could have make it

but you didnโ€™t wantedย 

i was alone on that road called us

and i feel tiredย 

i felt useless, empty and not enoughย 

and i fall into this void

and i'm still nowhere near to collide

please stop me fromย the impact

can you please just payback me for once?ย 
ย 

and thisย 

ย 

flowers will never bloom now in this house

and birds will never sing like this aroundย 

the sun just disappear just like you didย 

and your perfume is just a memory

ย 

who would have know?

i need to start again

and thereโ€™s something clear

it is without you

oh and this is not the end

i can breathe and danceย 

but first I have to cry and feel the pain

that you are making me feel

oh and this is not the endย 

ย 

some songs canโ€™t be listened for a while

and my mom will have to stop asking how you areย 

the dog will miss you but she will be fineย 

because you are not essential to survive for us

ย 

who would have know?

I have to start againย 

itโ€™s like a new season for the TV show we used to watch on Thursday nightsย 

but now i can watch all by myselfย 

but first I have to cry and feel the pain

that you are making me feel

i know this is not the end

ย 

Edited by Julia Fox

unknown.png

The Elements of a Golden Judgement

ย 

Welcome, writers! It's been an amazing first day of sign ups, and to already be fast approachingย 30 sign upsย with #nopromo is beyond what fountain and I could have even hoped for. We would like to thank each and every one of you for wanting to give this new tournament a chance, and hopefully we will see a lot more of Golden Hit in the future!

ย 

Now, to the main topic of today's reveal... the judging panel! As you may have already gathered, fountainย and I,ย Aurora, will be co-hosting this fantastic new tournament together, alternating announcements such as this one, challenge posts, results, and so on. However, we willย alsoย both be reviewing and scoring your entries this season! Get to know your two co-hosts/judges a little bit better by reading their respective questionnaires:

ย 

unknown.png

@Aurora

Questionnaire

ย 

unknown.png

@fountain

Questionnaire

ย 

As youย alsoย may have already gathered, a third judge will be joining us for this season to review and score submissions. Some say two's a party and three's a crowd, but we at Golden Hit disagree. A third judge invites new opinions and insights to the table, and allows for more positive and constructive feedback per writer. In short, we knew having a third judge would be elemental to this season, and we're sure you will too!

ย 

Without further ado, please welcome our thirdย Golden Hit Judge...

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

unknown.png
@Element
Questionnaire

Joining the judging panel this season isย Element, who certainly needs no introduction to most! A games section legend, long-standing host of the ever popularย Let's Spoonย andย ATRL Survivorย tournaments, and also a brilliant creative. Possibly a lesser known accomplishment of Element's is that he was a semifinalist in one of Platinum Hit's most progressive seasons, and continued to find enjoyment and showcase his talent in seasons afterwards.

We're so thrilled to have you, Element!

Well, that's that on that! Feel free to continue to ask any questions you may have while anticipating the debut round of Golden Hit! I will be in the thread for most of the day, and fountain will be around too. Sign ups are always open!

ย 

@Julia Fox@Insanity@Hanami-Blossom@boubour@Remmy@Astro@Jackson@Achilles.@Seiko Oomori@Speezy@Euterpe@GentleDance@ughgabriel@Obsession@OreGuy@Overprotected@JoeAg@TruGemini@โ˜†lex@Augmented@luckystrike@Arrows@Blue.@8thPrince@hurricane326@JonginBey@Better Mistakes

ย 

unknown.png

So excited to have you joining us this seasonย @Element!! Thank you for making a great addition to the judging panelย :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.