Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Namie Amuro

Featured Replies

  • Author

The Mariah stan came out in those hand gestures :ahh: 

 

 

Edited by suburbannature

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • suburbannature
    suburbannature

    Like. Now is her time to shine with a house or disco album. 

  • bestfiction
    bestfiction

    Been blasting Hope recently, her wiping off her entire discography off streaming made me remember how into her music I was before her retirement   she really was able to pull a great anime soundtrack

  • When she made all those One Piece songs, it was a hint that she supports piracy I fear   Anyway, SWEET KISSES pop perfection  

On 5/7/2022 at 7:27 PM, suburbannature said:

The way I pretend everything after Queen of Hip-Pop and the covers EP doesn’t exist 

PLAY and p<f sis :biblio:

  • Author
4 hours ago, getinthezone said:

PLAY and p<f sis :biblio:

They just feel so generic to me:redface:

  • Author

@bestfiction @getinthezone I hated Play because I thought it was too JLo'd, but I don't think I ever gave it a fair shot. Can't Sleep, Can't Eat I'm Sick and Step With It are bops. 

 

Namie reminds me a bit of an Aaliyah-type singer. She may not have many writing credits, but she was (apparently) pretty consistently involved in the studio and most of her songs were written specifically for her and about her life. 

7 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

@bestfiction @getinthezone I hated Play because I thought it was too JLo'd, but I don't think I ever gave it a fair shot. Can't Sleep, Can't Eat I'm Sick and Step With It are bops. 

 

Namie reminds me a bit of an Aaliyah-type singer. She may not have many writing credits, but she was (apparently) pretty consistently involved in the studio and most of her songs were written specifically for her and about her life. 

I mean I get what you meant by saying it was JLo'd but I've never been a JLo hater so I vibed with it :michael:

Step With It is lowkey the song that aged the best for me. Top Secret and Violet Sauce are bangers too

  • Author
Just now, bestfiction said:

I mean I get what you meant by saying it was JLo'd but I've never been a JLo hater so I vibed with it :michael:

Step With It is lowkey the song that aged the best for me. Top Secret and Violet Sauce are bangers too

Should I Love Him deserved to be her WBT. The type of R&B ballad I'm a sucker for :jonny: 

22 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Should I Love Him deserved to be her WBT. The type of R&B ballad I'm a sucker for :jonny: 

Speaking of Mariah - do you think that My Love from Past<Future sounds like an Einsten/Memoirs reject? Because I've always thought about that but no one could confirm this to me nnn

  • Author
39 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Speaking of Mariah - do you think that My Love from Past<Future sounds like an Einsten/Memoirs reject? Because I've always thought about that but no one could confirm this to me nnn

I don't at all :rip: 

 

Also, I saw your Mariah ratings on AOTY and was appalled at Emotions, Daydream, Emancipation, Charmbible. Also your Concentration 20 score. Serving deafness.

  • Author

I bought some of her 90s-early 00s shows from the Tokyo Dome on CDs/DVDs and :jonny: 

 

The quality. 

 

The 1997 one is online as well:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV14t4y1q7hg/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.-1

 

--


Do you think her label will ever put all of her vids out on Blu-Ray?

Edited by suburbannature

19 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Also, I saw your Mariah ratings on AOTY and was appalled at Emotions, Daydream, Emancipation, Charmbible. Also your Concentration 20 score. Serving deafness.

My taste is too avant garde I fear

 

lQ6yH8D.gif

 

iirc my Daydream score was high, Emotions and Charm were borefests (Boy I Need You is a classic though!) to me and for some reason Emancipation never clicked with me. Concentration is just an inferior Sweet 19 Blues

  • Author
1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

My taste is too avant garde I fear

 

lQ6yH8D.gif

 

iirc my Daydream score was high, Emotions and Charm were borefests (Boy I Need You is a classic though!) to me and for some reason Emancipation never clicked with me. Concentration is just an inferior Sweet 19 Blues

Avant-garde :rip: 

 

Emotions is a Motown classic. Take it back.

 

C20 and S19B are sooo different, sonically. You should give them new listens, I fear.

  • Author

Her best projects in order

 

My0xNTExLmpwZWc.jpeg

NS02MjU2LnBuZw.jpeg

Ny5qcGVn.jpeg

NS01MjkyLmpwZWc.jpeg

My00NDY3LmpwZWc.jpeg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

My5qcGVn.jpeg

 

and B Who I Want 2 B is her best song from the 2010s with ease.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

 I need her back so badly :rip: 

 

Come back and make a diva house album, queen

49 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

 I need her back so badly :rip: 

 

Come back and make a diva house album, queen

The way she would have jumped on the disco trend in 2020 - the album we could have had. :cries:

 

Retiring at like, 30 something is WEAK. Look at Kumi, still trying in her 40th year. Ayumi is like deaf at mid-life and still making albums.

  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda want like a Namie J-Drama or something. Utada had that First Love show. Ayu had that thing with Kalen Anzai. Like I desperately need something to happen.  

  • 2 months later...

Why are her videos still not fully uploaded on Youtube :deadbanana4: 

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

What happened to the comeback of Namie, Queen of J-Pop? I was tricked by a Japanese stan article and thought she had a new song coming.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author
On 2/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, #Beautiful said:

I would do anything for her to come back, anything

Like. Now is her time to shine with a house or disco album. 

5 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Like. Now is her time to shine with a house or disco album. 

we need her back so bad i literally miss her everyday, she was my top artist last year on lastfm, topped mariah by a great margin

  • 1 month later...

Someone on Popjustice said she took her catalogue off of streaming again :skull: It's still on Irish Spotify for me at the moment, but the artist icon and description are both gone so it's prolly bout to get wiped over here too.

 

She HATES her fans :rip:

3 hours ago, #Beautiful said:

well its over

I know right? She's done, done. We lost The Queen.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.