RuPaul's Drag Race | Meet the Queens of All Stars 9! | Premieres 17 May

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

Rotunda queen of giving credit to the collage creator every time lmao :heart2:

3 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

The fake plunger secret making its way into episode 9 is so funny :dies:

This challenge looks very fun, love when Drag Race tries something different!

I want Raja to get the plunger next, and then walk in and just go along with the secret, as well.....so everyone knows it's bs, but they all just collectively pretend it is real.

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

I didn't read any of the previous comments, but Jorgeous left school at 16 to be a drag queen in spite of her parents wanting her to study. How is calling her uneducated racist?

I actually love Jorgegous and it's just an genuine question btw

I also don't think it makes sense to always conflate being "uneducated" with being "dumb," and that conflation is actually problematic itself. Plenty of people don't finish schooling but are still intelligent, creative, etc. Like didn't Sharon drop out of high school too? Yet based on her performance on the show, we don't think of her as a "dumb queen." On the other hand, Jorgeous, regardless of her education, is an airhead, period. If she stayed in school and graduated, I'm pretty sure she'd still have the same personality. Same with Jaida. What I find grating about her is her inability to follow conversations, her unfunny comebacks, her lack of quick wit (one of my favorite aspects of comedy in drag), etc. I'm not criticizing her for failing a maths exam or not spelling correctly :skull:

More moderation in this thread is ultimately a good thing, but allowing us to point out that white queens are dumb (as we did about Elliott just today) while we can never say the same about queens of global majority races really doesn't make sense.

Edited by feelslikeadream

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Wait did she do this? :deadbanana2: Mess!

Second slide here. The transphobia and racism :deadbanana:

19 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Someone stop miss girlie :deadbanana4:

I haven't seen this video or clicked the link yet because I'm currently charging my headphones, but clearly this is a case of a OVCH trying to get their 15 seconds of fame.

Probably watches T*rdxie and Skatya videos on Youtube.

3 hours ago, Witch Privilege said:

I want Raja to get the plunger next, and then walk in and just go along with the secret, as well.....so everyone knows it's bs, but they all just collectively pretend it is real.

That would be very funny :laugh:

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Second slide here. The transphobia and racism :deadbanana:

I- :deadbanana2:

I’ll never understand why people don’t do social media purges before they try to join these shows. It’s one thing to be that ignorant, it’s another to not think you won’t be dragged 100x over for it. Dumb on all fronts :skull: 

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Someone stop miss girlie :deadbanana4:

It’s really tragic cause despite the fact I am an OVCH, I do genuinely think she’s talented and her drag is very polished. It’s this diva attitude that has got to go, it’s just old at this point and the fans who keep telling her that it’s fun will be her inevitable downfall.

HO-LY-****

THEE MONÉT X CHANGE EPISODE

That lipsync... CHRIST! She annihilated Jinkx.

Very good episode overall, the runways were all incredible and the challenge was so cute.

Correct Top 2, correct Winner.

Very pleased with this episode's outcome! 

How the **** did Jinkx win that?! She’s so cringe

the way Shea flopped this runway :biblio: 

Monet’s runway made me feel things. So powerful. 

13 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

How the **** did Jinkx win that?! She’s so cringe

Who do you think should have been there over her?

That was actually a GREAT episode :duca:

I thought this challenge could be a bit cringe (and some parts were), but I was actually very entertained!

The results were.... decent.

Monet and Jinkx as the Top2 made sense, but how the **** were Shea and Yvie debated as well? I thought they were the worst two :rip: 

I think the other people HIGH should've been Jaida and Trinity with one of them replacing Jinkx in the Top2. 

The lipsync was AMAZING! So glad they finally did a spoken-word monologue :duca: Monet DEVOURED too!

Excited for the roast next week - should be another great episode!

I wonder if we're gonna get another Jinkx/Monet Top2 or if someone else is gonna shine.

Monet absolutely annihilated that lipsync, holy **** that is NOT easy to do! :clap3:She easily had the best dance too.

Jynx was great, but if I had to select a second winner, it would’ve been Yvie or Viv, their scripts had me cracking up & they served looks too. 

Trinity’s dress tonight was one of the most stunning things I’ve ever seen walk that runway. :gaycat3:

Ben was a fantastic guests & a cutie. :heart: Overall, it was a really fun episode & finally, a culturally relevant challenge. Next week’s ep looks great! It’s really picking up from a mid-season slog, for me.

Edited by FOCK

This was not Raja's episode but I live everytime she opens her mouth. Just the most effortless *****-y presence. That runway was so beautiful too.

I was impressed by all the runways except for Shea (though it was pretty), Viv and Yvie. Props to Monét for doing this with a reveal runway and it still remaining powerful.

I'm over Jinx in the workroom, but she does always stand out in the challenges. In the end you need Ru to laugh, and she gets that more than anyone.

Jinkx and Monet were the obvious top two this week. I'm glad cos imo Monet should have had two more wins by now. Monet won the lip sync clearly though Jinkx also did great. I was surprised Monet played nice with the blocking but I guess her choice was still a decent one strategywise.

I am confused as to how Monet ended up winning that lipsynch while messing up most of the words. A disgrace.

Not Monet annhilating Jinkx to a lipsync that was tailored for Jinkx to win :deadbanana: I wish I was living in the timeline where Roxxxy won Season 5 

OMG This was the Monet episode yasssss :jonny:

Challenge tick

Runway tick

Lipsynch MOTHER ******* TICK

The way that stupid mommy character LOST :ahh: 

Also I kinda gasped as Jaida's runway this week - the four seasons concept was cute Feels weird complimenting her as an OJH. :eli: 

Shea really flopped, can't believe she just faded and burnt out through the competition.

Not what I'd like to see but based on what's happening, I'd guess the Top 4 is Jinkx, Jaida, Viv and either Monet/Raja/Trinity (I'd prefer Monet, Raja, Viv and Trinity).

37 minutes ago, Claymore said:

I am confused as to how Monet ended up winning that lipsynch while messing up most of the words. A disgrace.

2 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Must be the laggy 240p stream she was watching because Monet was on point :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.