RuPaul's Drag Race | Stream Episodes 1 & 2 of All Stars 9 Now

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

Oh please relax, y'all truly love to complain about everything. It has been a fun season, a good change of pace. I think the occasional constructive critique would be nice, but overall this has been a breath of fresh air and I hope they do it again with other winners in a couple years.

And idk why everyone is acting like the lip sync finale is going to be a mess, truly unless someone pulls a Sasha level gag they can still rig it however they want for the most part. Like Blu Hydrangea didn't win because she undeniably slayed Mo in the UK vs the World (which she obviously didn't). She won because it was a BBC show and they wanted a UK winner. Even on regular seasons Aquaria lost to Eureka in the first lip sync round, but they gave her a 2nd chance because they wanted her as the winner.

• Replies 41.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

3 hours ago, P.O.P said:

This season is not about competition, it is about CELEBRATION.

What part of it do y'all not understand

They just need to complain and they will never be happy. This was literally the season they begged for in the format they begged for, and now they hate it because it is exactly what they wanted. Its like wtf guys.

2 hours ago, Babydoll. said:

glad she won, but i feel like they were so hesitant to give jaida her flowers???? her video was hilarious. i think she should've been top 2 <3 

I feel like they don’t want a queen to be too far ahead in stars. So if they gave one to her (blocked) and one to Monet, Jaida would still be the only one with 3 stars.

altho i do think jaida has been pretty overlooked this season

Love how Jaida did the seasons, it was pretty cool - and gowns like Ben pointed out

3 hours ago, khalyan said:

I know Trixie has repeatedly said she won't do it, but in the end she's a business woman and if being on AW2 is the best way for her brand to grow then she'll do it.

I think Tyra/James could be a great twist to include in the first episode, especially since they are apparently getting ready to start doing drag again now that Beyonce's releasing.  

Youre lying, Tyra/James is going back to drag. Lets go. 

tyra-sanchez-winning.gif

Yeah, Monét ATE this challenge up. It's a deserved win. :clap3:

They should continue to do monologues for lipsync battles for future seasons. :duca:

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

So you get a star because you got the hints and applied them to the challenge? :rip: Monet literally had to change the whole thing after Ru told her what to do…

Yes because she took the critics and turn them into something very entertaining. A lot of people have ignored Ru’s advices and landed in the bottom (but im guessing that’s what you were hoping for.) This is exactly what the walkthrough is for. To help the girls with their ideas. Some queens even changed their snatch game characters after the walkthrough, by your logic, you shouldve been disqualified :rip: 

Am I the only one who feels like this season has had the most pointless and boring challenges? Minus the Snatch Game and the balls (to an extent), it has been pretty dull. 

However, I keep watching because of how amazing the looks are, and the love I have for the queens. 

jinkx’s obsession with the mom / son thing after that onlyfans account :rip: it all makes sense

Violet coming out as the biggest loser while all stars 7 is airing is not something I predicted.

Also clearly the judges talk about all the contestants when deliberating. The producers just pick who they want to appear as the top four even if it’s way off base lol. I’ve been confused why they choose certain queens, maybe just to give them more airtime and seem like the playing fields are even :rip:

3 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

This season was the worst idea ever. If you’re going to do a winners season, you have to keep the original format where the queens are kicked off and have to lip sync for their life. Without those two ingredients, the show falls flat and loses its magic. 

I understand why they did it this way, don’t get me wrong. But that’s why they shouldn’t have done it at all in my opinion. 

It’s been a let down from beginning to end and just misses the spiciness we’ve come to expect from RPDR. 

:cm:

Most of us called it when the format was announced.

It worked the first few episodes but drag race has already extended first outs for multiple seasons now. It shortly lost all thrill though - which is a huge ingredient to a reality show. If there are no dire stakes then what actually engages you to see whats next?

It should have been full on survivor style voting. One, Two, or Three winners per ep who are immune, have the cast vote for who lip syncs, Rupaul calls the final blow. Shakes it up a bit, resolves Ru of choosing bottoms and getting dragged, cast have a wider voting choice to be less obvious about knocking strong contestants out right away, and the audience enjoys the drama and spectacle. :foxaylove3:

now I'll be the first to admit that monet has mostly underwhelmed this season so far but to drag her for taking ru's advice is silly :skull:

80% of what you need to succeed in drag race is to entertain ru :skull: you'd be an idiot to not take everything she gives you 

Most of these winners wouldn’t do the season if there were eliminations… Ru himself would not want to be in the position of choosing bottom placements every week. This a celebration of each one of these winners, it’s just supposed to be fun. They know they’re not serving drama, they don’t want to.

Monet was by far the best this week (after weeks of being lacklustre) so I’m glad she won. 

Jinx … :mazen: Shea/Trinity were better for me

1 hour ago, Nip Tuck said:

jinkx’s obsession with the mom / son thing after that onlyfans account :rip: it all makes sense

My only thoughts

Spoiler
Spoiler

:rip:

7 hours ago, Otana said:

This monologue next season, please

Ckui.gif 

T

Why didn't she get an Oscar nomination? This scene alone was so powerful, I was gagged. :jonnycat:

So, I wasn't the only one who inmediately thought this while watching her viral video. :rip:

There's no way even in the episode Monet UNDENIABLY did amazing (challenge + runway + lipsync) y'all are still finding ways to bring her down :hoetenks: kinda actually sick in the head.

Anyway, she looked so ******* gorgeous in the Black Panther + lipsync looks. My gawd :jonny2:

Raja reacting to Jinkx's desperate attention grabbing antics was so relatable. Ain't nobody laughing at her 2010'd rAnd0M xP tumblr humor.

That, the "rubbing in the tub" verse with the story that Willam exposed, this mother thing... a ******* creep.

Amazing week for Monet :clap3: I wouldn’t have put Jinkx in the top 2 for the challenge, but she did a surprisingly great job on the runway. “Art” runways on Drag Race are almost always cringe, but she did it with class.

I think Monet should have 3 stars by now but whatever. Hopefully next week could be a win for her too since it’s a roast :jonny5:

Jinkx is just so weird I can’t take seeing her on my screen anymore. Please eliminate her somehow ru! 

18 hours ago, Claymore said:

I am confused as to how Monet ended up winning that lipsynch while messing up most of the words. A disgrace.

Monet needed it for the narrative but yeah was doing the most.

Monet and Jinkx ate. Well deserved. Happy to see some people seethe ?

Jaida's 4-in-1 transitions were jaw-dropping.

Jaida killed the runway, Monet killed the lipsync :flame:

Also unrelated but I would like to retire all references to the inflated flappy arm monster at car dealerships. It just never ends

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.