Normani

URBAN

spacer.png

we didn't even make it onto the bubbling under...how did this song do worse than fair :rip:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• orange22

I don't think it did worse than Fair. There was a lot of traffic going on last week. Plus, Fair at least had a visualizer. They literally only released an audio that's been stuck under 500k views. 

56 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

we didn't even make it onto the bubbling under...how did this song do worse than fair :rip:

1. it wasn't coming off a (another) 2 year break

2. pre-promo and even first week promo was actually semi-decent

3. it at least had a performance and a visualizer

4. there was A LOT less traffic back then and the charts were weaker cause numbers wise 1:59 performed better but 🤷🏾‍♂️

I wish she would have just announced candy paint properly w/ an actual date. This breadcrumbing approach her team has is not it, all it's doing is decreasing subsequent engagements

• Like 7

Ok I'm trying to be patient but I still wanna ask can we at least get one performance???? It would be cool to get a vevo lift performance or something I'm so ready to see her back on stage …😭🤧

• Like 1

I'm glad 1:59 bombed because there was no logic in releasing this especially without a video. Just drop CP with an amazing visual and actually promote it. Her team sucks

• Like 1

1:59

Candy Paint

Big Boi

James Blake feature

That leaves maybe 7 to 8 songs we haven't heard or know of yet, including the James Blake feature.

I can't wait.  I'm also hoping for a song like Insomnia/Last Best Thing. I like the songs with sad vibes too.

I know this is going to be a special album.

D O P A M I N E

• Like 1

I'm chilling because all I really care about at this point is that she actually releases the album, but objectively this has been such a stupid rollout so far :toofunny3: If it's true that 1:59 was always just intended to be a cute little introduction without a push, why not... communicate that to the fans at the outset? :rip:

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, shelven said:

If it's true that 1:59 was always just intended to be a cute little introduction without a push, why not... communicate that to the fans at the outset? :rip:

23 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

My money was on May 17th, but Billie's release might make it get postponed (bc it surely ain't coming this week)

I was thinking the same. May 17th, but if they postpone it to avoid Billie, then I hope it's the 24th, not the 31st. 

She and Billie have two different audiences. No need to postpone for that.

Nation can you get in and defend :rip: 

46 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Nation can you get in and defend :rip: 

Let them kiki. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, noemani said:

OUR GIRL IS ON GUNNA'S NEW ALBUM DROPPING FRIDAY EVERYBODY GET UPPPPP !!! :WAP::WAP::WAP:

https://x.com/kurrco/status/1788272267320758475?s=46

THEY DO HAVE A PLAN

NOW DROP CANDY PAINT NEXT WEEK

Edited by AFullMoonlight

7 minutes ago, shelven said:

The way this song's first week is probably going to outstream 1:59's first week akfkfjshd

Not sure whether this will or won't become a single but this is actually not a bad strategy because streaming algorithms will connect the two songs.

Of course that isn't always a guarantee but this is very interesting and good timing. Especially if this record is more uptempo.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, shelven said:

The way this song's first week is probably going to outstream 1:59's first week akfkfjshd

It definitely will because Future just announced he is releasing a mixtape on May 10th since Gunna is going to be releasing his album on that day. So now rap fans who have been into it all the drama lately will most likely check out both albums :laugh:

the song won't be a single . Gunna has released two singles from his album already.

from Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_of_Wun

Promotion and singles

The first single, "Prada Dem", featuring Offset was released on March 15, 2024, along with its music video.[1] In April 2024, Gunna announced the title of the album. On May 3, 2024, "Whatsapp (Wassam)" was released, serving as the second and final single. On the same day, Gunna announced that the album would be dropping on May 10, 2024.[2]

46 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

the song won't be a single . Gunna has released two singles from his album already.

from Wikipedia.

Promotion and singles

The first single, "Prada Dem", featuring Offset was released on March 15, 2024, along with its music video.[1] In April 2024, Gunna announced the title of the album. On May 3, 2024, "Whatsapp (Wassam)" was released, serving as the second and final single. On the same day, Gunna announced that the album would be dropping on May 10, 2024.[2]

I don't think anyone expected it to be a single. Not saying it can't be down the line. He will probably make whichever song is streaming the best the next single. Normani is rolling out an entire album now anyways. It's ok if it's not a single :laugh:

• Like 1

Yeah, being on a buzzy album with hers otw in just a little over a month is a win. Especially if it's one of the more well received songs on the album. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Yeah, being on a buzzy album with hers otw in just a little over a month is a win. Especially if it's one of the more well received songs on the album. 

Honestly I just hope it's good. A plus if it's a party song because I'd love to see well recieved at some point by DJ's.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

from Wikipedia.

Promotion and singles

How can WhatsApp be the "final" single from an album that hasn't been released. There have been almost always post album-release singles. Wikipedia should really refrain from allowing just anyone to edit their pages without evidence to back it up. :rip:

But I think it's good that they have another collab. It could help Normani gain interest for Candy Paint since 1:59 was DOA.

Edited by Crank_It_Up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.