• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letemtalk

• conquxror

• badvibez

• BloodLuster

On 12/10/2022 at 10:35 PM, Letemtalk said:

I'm not sure, since it still takes a long time for vinyl production, an actual album might be long wait.

i’m not ready for another hiatus… 

2 hours ago, BloodLuster said:

another long break would seal the deal. drop next year or very early 2024 at most cause otherwise :rip:

exactly. she needs to drop at least ONE single next year and it needs to NOT include jack antonoff as a producer. we need to get her on the new hunger games soundtrack asap

Edited by conquxror

13 hours ago, conquxror said:

exactly. she needs to drop at least ONE single next year and it needs to NOT include jack antonoff as a producer. we need to get her on the new hunger games soundtrack asap

She should serve another meltdown

2022 will go down as the year I finally got to see her live. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. :heart2:

1 hour ago, Heldenzeit said:

2022 will go down as the year I finally got to see her live. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. :heart2:

same!!! i saw her in rio and it was literally the best day of my life, she’s incredible.

2 hours ago, Niemira said:

She should serve another meltdown

this track deserves so much more recognition 

18 hours ago, BloodLuster said:

another long break would seal the deal. drop next year or very early 2024 at most cause otherwise :rip:

If she can't do mid 2023, then early 2024 would be a lot better than waiting for mid 2024.

14 hours ago, conquxror said:

Have to agree with most of this. Since she only finishes touring in mid/late March 2023, I've having doubts about her finishing an album and having vinyl ready for release in 2023, unless it's a late 2023 release.

But she needs to get a song out.

We don't need Jack again, he's several years past his best work and he doesn't seem to have any new ideas.

She can do something for the hunger games soundtrack or another side project if there is time between single release and album/waiting for vinyl or whatever, but getting song and album out needs to be the priority.

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

If she can't do mid 2023, then early 2024 would be a lot better than waiting for mid 2024.

Have to agree with most of this. Since she only finishes touring in mid/late March 2023, I've having doubts about her finishing an album and having vinyl ready for release in 2023, unless it's a late 2023 release.

We don't need Jack again, he's several years past his best work and he doesn't seem to have any new ideas.

She can do something for the hunger games soundtrack or another side project if there is time between single release and album/waiting for vinyl or whatever, but getting song and album out needs to be the priority.

Tbh I dont understand Jack hate, he did amazing job on Daddys Home last year. New Taylor is not bad. New Lana is also good.

1 hour ago, Letemtalk said:

the blonde hair makes me optimistic tbh 

if she did it to change things up for her next era, then it wouldn’t make any sense to do it so far away from the album’s release. i was hopeful she was going to give us a hint on the next e-mail — something subtle like “can’t wait for 2023” or similar idk — but i’m not sure if there IS another e-mail this year lol

i remember when she was on the sam fragoso podcast and left saying that her next album could be in “18 months or 8 years” and 18 months from that is February 2023. we’re definitely NOT getting anything in february, but that keeps my hopes up for next year :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, Niemira said:

Tbh I dont understand Jack hate, he did amazing job on Daddys Home last year. New Taylor is not bad. New Lana is also good.

i agree but the problem is that people already associate him to boring and repetitive music — especially after solar power. even critics like pitchfork are using him as an excuse to pan some projects.

we don’t need this energy for L4, we need people to be excited that she’s bringing something different, i think dev hynes would be perfect and i love his production. 

although i wouldn’t be surprised to see jack involved on the album still. she was linking with matty from the 1975 a few months ago and jack just produced their most recent project. 

however, lorde seems to be hanging out more with ~alternative~ producers like jim-e stack who just opened for her a few months ago. while, at the same time, she seems very distant and excluded from jack’s little “exclusive” group — and she hasn’t acknowledged him at all after the stoned at the nail salon fiasco. 

On 12/30/2022 at 2:40 AM, Niemira said:

When Jack produced all but one song on Melodrama, it was his first pop album with a female artist and Melodrama was clearly his priority and it helped him make his name as a pop producer. But if he now does all his best work with other artists and treats Lorde as an afterthought, then all the more reason to get rid of him.

You could argue, "no it's not Jack's fault, there was clearly a failure to communicate", then the same thing applies, find a new producer she can better communicate with.

Edit: also, all of those artists mentioned did their best albums with Jack in the 2010s, with the exception of folklore with Aaron Dessner producing most of the tracks. Annie probably did her best albums before she started working with Jack.

On 12/30/2022 at 2:45 AM, conquxror said:

the blonde hair makes me optimistic tbh

Or maybe the hair was just part of her beach themed/golden sun themed Solar Power tour with a new look for Glastonbury 2022.

On 12/30/2022 at 2:45 AM, conquxror said:

but i’m not sure if there IS another e-mail this year lol

I'm pretty sure she is on holiday with family and friends and most likely no work related stuff until the new year.

Perhaps another email when her new shows get closer.

On 12/30/2022 at 2:53 AM, conquxror said:

and she hasn’t acknowledged him at all after the stoned at the nail salon fiasco.

Yeah, and I don't think he has mentioned her much either has he? It seems like the critics used Lorde (and stoned at the nail salon) as their punching bag for everything wrong with Jack's songwriting and production.

Jack just kept his head down and collected another two Grammy awards (including producer of the year) and another AOTY nomination. He hasn't been harmed in the slightest for his copy and paste and that certainly wasn't the only time during the 2020/21 period, and if Lorde keeps working with him, the same will happen again.

It would be nice if she collaborates and performs with Phoebe Bridgers and Clairo again.

But she doesn't need Jack Antonoff to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Reflektor_Creep - Ribs will never be forgotten, but I'd also like a studio version of the Melodrama Tour version of Ribs.

There is an Eras Tour Setlist on Spotify which might imply that Lorde will appear at one of the Eras Tour shows somewhere, perhaps Australia or New Zealand which haven't been announced yet. This playlist/compilation album appears to have been created by UMG, so we don't really know for sure and I'm not expecting all of those artists to appear on the Eras tour.

Both Green Light and Liability (Reprise) appear in the playlist.
The playlist is dated January 26, 2023, copyright 2023 UMG Recordings, Inc.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3DdNhzAayjzWtaV9ahMwCv

There was also a Green Light (studio version) youtube video with the Eras Tour logo on it, uploaded one day ago, but the video now shows as unlisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjjnZlH3hQk

Perhaps the Spotify playlist/compilation album will disappear soon too.

Edit: The playlist is gone, although you can search google for "The Eras Tour Setlist - Compilation by Various Artists" and search for pages from the last week, you might be able to see which songs were on there.

Solar Power tour promo starting up again, before the New Zealand and Australia shows begin in February 2023.

She is co-hosting Music 101 on Radio NZ on Saturday 28, or Friday 27 in some time zones.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/music101

On 1/26/2023 at 8:07 PM, Letemtalk said:

@Reflektor_Creep - Ribs will never be forgotten, but I'd also like a studio version of the Melodrama Tour version of Ribs.

I love this version, I hope she releases music soon. :lakitu:

I'm not too excited about Taylor's tour haha. But it's good to see Lorde. :coffee:

On 1/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, Reflektor_Creep said:

I'm not too excited about Taylor's tour haha. But it's good to see Lorde. :coffee:

I'm happy if that's what she wants to do and it works out for her, but I don't fancy sitting on my pc, refreshing a web page, in a queue for overpriced Eras Tour tickets. Then I'd probably miss out anyway and have to go to a reseller site and pay even more inflated prices, when I know that as a support act, she will probably be doing a reduced set.

She did her interview with Radio New Zealand today and covered a lot of topics, including Bulgarian folk music, how she had never really used caffeine until last year and how she is still friends with the HAIM girls and had dinner with Danielle Haim in NYC a few months ago (she said a month ago, but she has probably been back in NZ for more than a month).

She also mentioned she would be meeting up with Phoebe Bridgers, who is in New Zealand for Laneway Festival, which is now cancelled, so they will probably meet up somewhere else.

She also talked about when she was doing festivals in South America in 2022, she Caroline Polachek, Charli XCX and Phoebe Bridgers had a group chat going and they would watch each other's shows and go out to dinner together.

Link to the RNZ Interview:

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/music101/audio/2018875472/lorde-bringing-the-solar-power-tour-home-quite-emotional

On 5/3/2022 at 4:32 AM, Letemtalk said:

There is also the bonus track 'Helen Of Troy' which she hasn't performed either, although I think she might do that one soon.

She did 

• 2 weeks later...

New interview from Ensemble Magazine

https://www.ensemblemagazine.co.nz/articles/lorde-profile

63e435a0163b6865b7e458ff_ensemble-lorde-matt-hurley5.jpg

This interview appears to be part of the promo for the Solar Power tour restarting in New Zealand and Australia over the next few months.

“Sort of a big chunk of work before I actually start writing music. So yeah, that’s been a really big part of it. It’s been super exciting and I feel excited about what’s coming.” Will her fourth album, L4 as the fans call it as placeholder, be another four-year wait from the last? “You know, it’s my intention, it’s always my intention, to move as quickly as I f...ing can and then that ends up taking different forms. But this one, I really am trying to. I don’t want to wait, you know, so take from that what you will.” Surely, she’ll rule out 2023 at least, for when we can expect new material – but no, she’s keeping hope alive. “Anything could happen. Let’s see!”

Thread here.

Pro tip, sometimes an "insider" might claim to know something about L4. Just make sure their prediction for Midnights from 2022 prior to the album announcement wasn't something like:

You guys should not expect a juggernaut era (Red/1989) for the next original album.

Royals is 1.7M streams away from 1B :jonny: 

@Wonderland Royals. :clap3:

More news: Lorde playing Cyclone Gabrielle relief concert in Christchurch on Friday, 24th Feb.

https://twitter.com/NewshubENT/status/1627783914768171008

New Zealand music icons Neil Finn, Lorde, L.A.B., Supergroove, Marlon Williams and Tiki Taane are joining forces with others for an impromptu Cyclone Gabrielle relief concert in Christchurch on Friday.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2023/02/neil-finn-lorde-l-a-b-supergroove-to-play-cyclone-gabrielle-relief-concert-in-christchurch.html

An ensemble of New Zealand's finest musicians will join forces to raise funds for cyclone relief efforts.

Big names like Neil Finn, Lorde, and L.A.B will take to Christchurch Town Hall for a charity concert this Friday, with proceeds going to the Red Cross.

Neil Finn spoke to Guyon Espiner.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018878736/lorde-neil-finn-feature-in-charity-concert-for-cyclone-relief

Lorde has donated $120,000 to fund a climate change research scholarship in Antarctica.

https://twitter.com/TheSpinoffTV/status/1628871823164166150

Lorde has donated $120,000 to fund a climate change research scholarship in Antarctica.

Along with some of her own money, it includes the proceeds from a photographic book she produced after a visit to the continent in 2019 with the Antarctica New Zealand Community Engagement Programme. While there, she visited scientists in the field, learnt about Antarctica’s role in the global earth system and the impact climate change is having.

Lorde donates $120,000 to fund three scholarships into research on Antarctica

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/131323389/lorde-donates-120000-to-fund-three-scholarships-into-research-on-antarctica

Pop star Lorde has donated $120,000 to climate change science in Antarctica to support research. Three $40,000 scholarships will be awarded over three years to advance the understanding and promote protection of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean.

In 2019, the singer visited Antarctica with the Antarctica New Zealand community engagement programme, and on her return home produced a book of photographs of her experience.

Lorde has donated all of the book’s proceeds, along with her own money, to fund the scholarships, which are in her own name – the Ella Yelich-O’Connor Antarctic Doctoral Scholarship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.