• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

On 9/19/2023 at 8:32 PM, hausofdave said:

kinda missing fad being in this years awards szn convo so did some early digging on some of next years BA contenders

OLIVIA COLMAN - Elizabeth

- Girl from the North Country (pre)

GLENN CLOSE - TBA
- The Summer Book (in production)

CYNTHIA EVIRO - Elphaba
- Wicked: Part One (Universal) / (post)

ANGELINA JOLIE - Maria Callas
- Maria (TBD) / (filming this year)

JESSICA LANGE - Lillian Hall
- Places, Please (TBD) / (post)

JULIANNE MOORE - Verna
- Stone Mattress / (in production)

SAOIRSE RONAN - TBA
- Blitz (Apple TV+) / (post)

EMMA STONE - TBA

- AND (Searchlight Pictures) / (post)

ZENDAYA - Tashi Duncan

- Challengers (Amazon MGM Studios) / (post - delayed to 2024)

“TBA Lead Actress” in The Movie Critic - (TBA) / (filming this year) 

You're forgetting someone

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, Corso said:

I know some do, and its not. Its kind of a mess.

it's literally the song from Chroma that usually gets the skip, thank God she didn't perform it during the tour, she knew this lifeless basic 2012 demo from Elton was not that good

• Thumbs Down 1

LETS MAKE DO WHAT U WANT GO VIRAL ON TIKTOK SO SHE IS FORCED TO GIVE US THE SOLO VERSION ON SPOTIFY OR RERECORD IT WITH DRAKE / THE WEEKEND 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LadyFlopga said:

LETS MAKE DO WHAT U WANT GO VIRAL ON TIKTOK SO SHE IS FORCED TO GIVE US THE SOLO VERSION ON SPOTIFY OR RERECORD IT WITH DRAKE / THE WEEKEND 

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

she won't ever, R Kelly made sure to have credit on all versions

she left the Xtinct version cause no one uses it either

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

she won't ever, R Kelly made sure to have credit on all versions

she left the Xtinct version cause no one uses it either

Not the best song on ARTPOP being cursed like that :chick3:

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

I mean some still believe Sine From Above is a great song

It is.. still takes me to COSMIC Intergalactic Feels

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Someone said "the Coldplay Album" :skull:

Replay wouldve debuted top5 just from the ASIB Hype alone...

Wouldve done better than SL? We dont know that but at least she wouldve FLOPPED with DIGNITY

STUPID BOMB and the MV is just embarrassing as a lead

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

Replay wouldve debuted top5 just from the ASIB Hype alone...

Wouldve done better than SL? We dont know that but at least she wouldve FLOPPED with DIGNITY

STUPID BOMB and the MV is just embarrassing as a lead

but imagine had she served a bad mv like SL for Replay?...

5 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

but imagine had she served a bad mv like SL for Replay?...

At least we'll have a lead song with deep and layered message.. and amazing&creative sample as well

2 hours ago, Corso said:

Replay is like Bloody Mary. Its a song I love but I know wouldnt be a good single........ but then Bloody Mary became popular

Bloody Mary became popular because of a viral trend though. Doesn't necessarily mean that it would do good if it was a single back in 2011/2012.

• Like 1

SSOH incoming :duca: I know it’s not something that would chart high on BB100 (or at all tbh) but I feel like they’ll unfortunately release it on Wednesday or Thursday rather than Friday. 

But very excited!

4 hours ago, Darkgalord said:

Gaga talking to her team knowing that the strike is about to end and has to release TCB film :

what-the-hell-we-gon-do-now-ms-juicy.gif

then she will make this an in-house production and not agree to the deal

what-the-hell-we-gon-do-now-ms-juicy.gif

19 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Bloody Mary became popular because of a viral trend though. Doesn't necessarily mean that it would do good if it was a single back in 2011/2012.

It might’ve become a Halloween staple though. I must say that even back in 2011/2012 BM was a song that my friends and family liked whenever I played it. 

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It might’ve become a Halloween staple though. I must say that even back in 2011/2012 BM was a song that my friends and family liked whenever I played it. 

yeah same BM was always loved from people who didnt necessarily connected with Gaga

Let me pretend Sweet Sound of Heaven is a bad song until it gets released so that it turns out to be a masterpiece. Replay tease :eli:

I think the singles for all of Gaga’s albums in the last 10 years have been the best case scenario. She hasn’t made “single worthy” music since ARTPOP. It’s something I kinda miss about her older music, she doesn’t really go for a traditionally catchy hook anymore, whether that’s intentional or not.

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

It's clear that the commercial songs liddos think are radio friendly (Applause, Perfect Illusion, Stupid Love) didn't connect with the gp so... :giraffe:

Applause spent 14 weeks in top 10 and 5xPlatinum in the US, it was a bit local and definitely a big hit. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jijie101 said:

Applause spent 14 weeks in top 10 and 5xPlatinum in the US, it was a bit local and definitely a big hit. 

It did well, but she was coming off TFM and BTW eras, and it was heavily promoted. The song still didn’t have the kind of staying power in the public consciousness like other 2013 hits like Roar or Wrecking Ball. 

14 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

It did well, but she was coming off TFM and BTW eras, and it was heavily promoted. The song still didn’t have the kind of staying power in the public consciousness like other 2013 hits like Roar or Wrecking Ball. 

I think Applause did fine tbh, it was an about-expected decline after the huge eras she had, you can’t really keep upward momentum forever. Remember even MJ had a handful of singles that even missed the top 5 and he’s still considered the bar for commercial success. It was the stuff following Applause that got shaky lol

1 minute ago, perpetual novice said:

I think Applause did fine tbh, it was an about-expected decline after the huge eras she had, you can’t really keep upward momentum forever. Remember even MJ had a handful of singles that even missed the top 5 and he’s still considered the bar for commercial success. It was the stuff following Applause that got shaky lol

Sure, but Applause didn't leave a lasting impact like Born This Way, or really do enough to stay in public consciousness. It's not a Gaga song that gets referenced a lot. A song like Sexxx Dreams or Aura might've performed the same of worse commercially, but probably would've become more of a favorite among pop fans.

• Thumbs Down 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.