Beyoncé

Kisuke

2 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

The biggest mistake Beyonce made was getting so pretentious about her work.  Youre a pop star, not Picasso.  

If she makes the videos exclusive to some VR merch or part of a musical film; the era will be dead on arrival.

The reception to BMS shows that the GP is still ready for her, if she releases fire.  Playing hide and go seek w release info and promo is something they wont do to hear her music.  Attention spans are short.

Its silly bc she be acting like an artiste while using her music earned celebrity to push commercial ass **** like Ivy Park and Tiffanys.  So you are cool w pushing that hard but not your music?  Too good for Tiny Desk and Carpool karaoke? Like no one buys the Prince indie starving artist ish.  Its giving mixed messages and arrogance.

Not everything needs to be a grand gesture or some innovative idea.  Sometimes people just wanna dance.  Its fine to drop the release date, then the stand alone music video, then the album.  No need for grand statements or ideas.

I think her SM engagement reflects this.

Silly self sabotage like the Lemonade and Formation rollout doesnt matter to anyone but the stans at the end of the day.  Critics and the GP arent giving her authenticity points for keeping songs unlisted or releasing at odd times without promo.  She is causing her projects to suffer and cutting off her reach for what?  

At the end of the day, your shelf life as an artist depends on people buying your product.  If you are too pretentious to get it to the masses, the career ends.  Will Netflix and Disney want to pay big bucks to an artist that cant get faces to the screen?  

Its puzzling. 

And that Homecoming doc is another example of the insufferable pretentiousness.  She spent the film belaboring how hard she works.  Maam, youre not curing cancer.  Youre singing for adoring fans.  Act like it.

Honestly drag it!

I get that she definitely is a tier above other musicians and that she definitely is ART POP. Theres art in what she does, theres meaning and symbolism, but the matter of fact is she can have all that symbolism and historical sh*t but if it doesnt translate or resonate with the audience outside of her diehard stans her shelf life as a mainstream girlie ends too! And we dont want that!

I want her to get up, drop the pretentious act and give us SOMETHING! A promo spot, teaser video, anything! This is the exact **** ppl rip her out for. I get that she hates the way media twists sh*t but so long as she doesnt shove her face everywhere shes in the clear for any backlash era, but for f*cks sake she needs to be FUN again!

• Replies 116.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

6 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

And Im sorry, I found it suspect that 4:44 was avialable immediately on all platforms while Lemonade was not.  Bey let that man have her assed out.

Tea Time Oops GIF by TERRELL

I can’t disagree with anything anyone is saying in here. 

Yeah, she’s an incredible artist and her level of artistry is enviable. However, you can’t expect people to purchase said art and support the artiste if you’re not willing to promote and maximise awareness of it. 

If you want to be Prince, that’s fine. But Prince didn’t go on stadium tours and have a clothing brand on the side that he expected people to support :skull: 

24 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

The biggest mistake Beyonce made was getting so pretentious about her work.  Youre a pop star, not Picasso.  

If she makes the videos exclusive to some VR merch or part of a musical film; the era will be dead on arrival.

The reception to BMS shows that the GP is still ready for her, if she releases fire.  Playing hide and go seek w release info and promo is something they wont do to hear her music.  Attention spans are short.

Its silly bc she be acting like an artiste while using her music earned celebrity to push commercial ass **** like Ivy Park and Tiffanys.  So you are cool w pushing that hard but not your music?  Too good for Tiny Desk and Carpool karaoke? Like no one buys the Prince indie starving artist ish.  Its giving mixed messages and arrogance.

Not everything needs to be a grand gesture or some innovative idea.  Sometimes people just wanna dance.  Its fine to drop the release date, then the stand alone music video, then the album.  No need for grand statements or ideas.

I think her SM engagement reflects this.

Silly self sabotage like the Lemonade and Formation rollout doesnt matter to anyone but the stans at the end of the day.  Critics and the GP arent giving her authenticity points for keeping songs unlisted or releasing at odd times without promo.  She is causing her projects to suffer and cutting off her reach for what?  

At the end of the day, your shelf life as an artist depends on people buying your product.  If you are too pretentious to get it to the masses, the career ends.  Will Netflix and Disney want to pay big bucks to an artist that cant get faces to the screen?  

Its puzzling. 

And that Homecoming doc is another example of the insufferable pretentiousness.  She spent the film belaboring how hard she works.  Maam, youre not curing cancer.  Youre singing for adoring fans.  Act like it.

You put it into words perfectly. I for one am a little less averse to her last decade’s “untouchable” approach to stardom because I understand it and appreciate the work that goes into maintaining it. Without a doubt it extended her mainstream pop career this long and has protected her art and probably parts of her personal life, but it is wearing increasingly thin. Although if she’d spent the 2010s Katying or Gagaing herself (taking every paycheck, pandering, etc.) she’d be even more over than they are, that’s just how it is for women in the industry and women of color especially. I stan classic Hollywood cinema, and stardom back then was all about building a personality and controlling the media and the narrative to an absolutely absurd extent. The actors and actresses lived, or at least pretended to live, like gods and goddesses but because the GP wanted them to and it was expected. Back then. It doesn’t go over so well nowadays, and I know many people who lost interest in Beyoncé the woman and the star a long time ago, even while still expressing interest in what Beyoncé the musician has to offer. The difference between those old Hollywood people is that they simply were never not working, sometimes they were seen in up to six or eight movies a year. :deadbanana: Magical and mythical and controlled while still accessible, always keeping both their loyal fanbases and the GP fed. Beyoncé has yet to strike that balance since the ST shift. In my opinion the closest she came to that was during B’Day and IASF. By then she was already seen as an industry-best talent and well on her way to all-time-great status, but without the alienating aura. You can be private without being silent and invisible.

So if they drop the video on July 29, that would actually be smart because radio airplay will be huge by then and we will be getting a streaming boost because of the album release 

I see the vision :jonny6:

24 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

Yes her simple acapella version of halo being sung at the hospital used to always go viral. People love it. 

I do hope she at least give us something intimate or stripped back this era. :dancehall3:

1 minute ago, Devin said:

I do hope she at least give us something intimate or stripped back this era. :dancehall3:

I already know the album is gonna have a bombastic ballad.

Wait a minute...

Lead single by the-dream and tricky stewart... rumors she's worked with ryan tedder

its SL > Halo all over again :jonny: 

Gwuf.gif

8 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

So if they drop the video on July 29, that would actually be smart because radio airplay will be huge by then and we will be getting a streaming boost because of the album release 

I see the vision :jonny6:

But I want single #2 to be released alongside the album. It’ll be difficult to have singles that perform well AFTER the album is released :dancehall3:

Yall still dragging Bey over the lack of video. :hoetenks:

Honestly, Beyonces statement the other day pretty much confirms that she knows what's being said. She says this era is about the music and being mote free than precious eras. Parkwood is making an effort and testing the waters and so far she's doing well, all things considered.

We're just going to have to wait. I for one am appreciative that Beyonce seems to have this era and rollout planned. We have too many girls throwing out stand alone singles. Afraid to release an album unless they have a solid top 10 hit. We need a girl that's not afraid to drop. 

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

But I want single #2 to be released alongside the album. It’ll be difficult to have singles that perform well AFTER the album is released :dancehall3:

You haven’t been paying attention. We are not getting what we want. So we have to level with ParkingLotWood

I have been supporting and trying to understand her mind but enough is enough. When you keep acting like you're superior than the people you're selling your product to, then it becomes less fun and it's down right insulting. Like someone said above, you're not curing cancer, you're selling music and merch and then entertain with performances. At some point remain humble and stop insulting your own fans. I thought the one thing this pandemic would do is make her see how common we all are when it comes down to it. Covid didn't spare the rich and famous, so many suffered from it and some died. If the world was so messy not a long time ago, shouldn't your comeback era be more simple? shouldn't you stop trying to pose as some far away creature that is above the normal human being? For the most part the media have been respectful when it comes to Bey for a while now. They dont try to stalk or invade her anymore, heck they seem to have accepted her being so exclusive and hidden. However when you have a new project about to drop, why cant you just take one month or two to promote and engage with the fans that are about to buy that music? why cant you give one damn interview even if it's with someone in your team and you post it online for the fans? Why not communicate a little with us? She said she wants people to only focus about the music, well that's what we're doing now. We're only asking for some promotion. We're not asking to put a damn camera in her house to show us how she lives. We want to see engagement about her career, her music, something we have been supporting for years. Look how fast some fans bought the merch and album package! It was sold out! Not many singers get their merch sold out in advance before the art work is even released! Heck some could be pissed that they got it so fast with shipping cost when it ended up being sold at Target and Walmart in the end! Another insulting move to the fans but nobody said a damn thing because they are that supportive. Yet she continues to insult by keeping the video of the single hidden for two damn weeks! Like WTF?

Y’all are doing waay too much. How long have some of you been stanning Beyoncé? Cuz y’all expect her to be doing these promotion tactics like she’s dua or Doja. Beyoncé is waay passed that stage at this point. Her exclusivity and wanting to do things HER WAY is what made her the artist she is today. She already told y’all that her success cannot be quantified. Like!?!?!?. Adele was pulling all these stunts that y’all have been suggesting for bey and look where her era went? It literally came and went. Lemonade and Beyoncé were defining moments in Beyoncés career and if she followed the same formula (the same things y’all are suggesting now) then she probably would not be where she is. This woman is 40. She has more experience in this field than all of you lol. I’m sorry but a video cannot stop a song from flopping. If the song was meant to be a hit, it will. Beyoncés impact and influence is what will make her go down in history. Not no damn sales. Taylor swift is literally above Whitney,  and Mariah on billboard top artist list. Rihanna has 14 no.1s to MJs 10 and Janet’s 11.. like at the end of the day, cultural currency, longevity and TALENT are also major defining factors in what makes a artist. 

Edited by ToraeGilt

11 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

You put it into words perfectly. I for one am a little less averse to her last decade’s “untouchable” approach to stardom because I understand it and appreciate the work that goes into maintaining it. Without a doubt it extended her mainstream pop career this long and has protected her art and probably parts of her personal life, but it is wearing increasingly thin. Although if she’d spent the 2010s Katying or Gagaing herself (taking every paycheck, pandering, etc.) she’d be even more over than they are, that’s just how it is for women in the industry and women of color especially. I stan classic Hollywood cinema, and stardom back then was all about building a personality and controlling the media and the narrative to an absolutely absurd extent. The actors and actresses lived, or at least pretended to live, like gods and goddesses but because the GP wanted them to and it was expected. Back then. It doesn’t go over so well nowadays, and I know many people who lost interest in Beyoncé the woman and the star a long time ago, even while still expressing interest in what Beyoncé the musician has to offer. The difference between those old Hollywood people is that they simply were never not working, sometimes they were seen in up to six or eight movies a year. :deadbanana: Magical and mythical and controlled while still accessible, always keeping both their loyal fanbases and the GP fed. Beyoncé has yet to strike that balance since the ST shift. In my opinion the closest she came to that was during B’Day and IASF. By then she was already seen as an industry-best talent and well on her way to all-time-great status, but without the alienating aura. You can be private without being silent and invisible.

Im glad she didnt Katy or Gaga herself.  When Lemonade came out, I think she struck the perfect balance between critical and commercial.  I really feel that era couldve smashed streaming wise and been a great transition album.  People were interested and since she didnt give interviews, having it on streaming couldve satisfied curiosity.  It seemed mainstream wise ppl ended up focusing on Becky and Red Lobster (two tragic lines that shouldve been left on the editing floor).   Holding the FWT footage hostage seems weird at this point too.

I honestly think she is just surrounded by Yes Men. They get puffed up about art and authenticity but forget about business.  

1 minute ago, ToraeGilt said:

Y’all are doing waay too much. How long have some of you been stanning Beyoncé? Cuz y’all expect her to be doing these promotion tactics like she’s dua or Doja. Beyoncé is waay passed that stage at this point. Her exclusivity and wanting to do things HER WAY is what made her the artist she is today. She already told y’all that her success cannot be quantified. Like!?!?!?. Adele was pulling all these stunts that y’all have been suggesting for bey and look where her era went? It literally came and went. Lemonade and Beyoncé were defining moments in Beyoncés career and if she followed the same formula (the same things y’all are suggesting now) then she probably would not be where she is. This woman is 40. She has more experience in this field than all of you lol. I’m sorry but a video cannot stop a song from flopping. If the song was meant to be a hit, it will. Beyoncés impact and influence is what will make her go down ok history. Not no damn sales. Taylor swift is literally above Whitney,  and Mariah on billboard top artist list. Rihanna has 14 no.1s to MJs 10 and Janet’s 11.. like at the end of the day, culture currency, longevity and TALENT are also major defining factors in what makes a artist. 

She’s past the stage of promoting her own music? 

Aretha Franklin was promoting her own music not long before her death :skull:

Name me a 20+ year old song that both lives in the cultural zeitgeist and was a huge success that didn’t have a video. 

Quickly. 

22 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

You sound exactly like the Beyoncé haters from 2018 to 2022 :deadbanana4:

Justin Timberlake stepped all over multiple women and used his mediocrity to get to where he was. He cheats on his wife and he’s aged like milk.

If that makes me a hater, so be it mama! :cm:

She is promoting her music. She’s just not promoting it in the way y’all want…. She’s doing it HER way and that’s fine. Again, I’ve seen all these other big artists be doing the things y’all suggesting and their era just didn’t hit. Beyoncé and Lemonade were two career definining moments for my fav so I trust her and her vision. 

34 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Honestly drag it!

I get that she definitely is a tier above other musicians and that she definitely is ART POP. Theres art in what she does, theres meaning and symbolism, but the matter of fact is she can have all that symbolism and historical sh*t but if it doesnt translate or resonate with the audience outside of her diehard stans her shelf life as a mainstream girlie ends too! And we dont want that!

I want her to get up, drop the pretentious act and give us SOMETHING! A promo spot, teaser video, anything! This is the exact **** ppl rip her out for. I get that she hates the way media twists sh*t but so long as she doesnt shove her face everywhere shes in the clear for any backlash era, but for f*cks sake she needs to be FUN again!

Yeah, I think people forget how quickly the tide can turn.  For Beyonce, the overrated criticisms are starting to follow her.  Why make yourself commercially fail and substantiate that? I think shes going for uncaring but that earns her no points when no ones playing your last hits.  It happened to all her peers; JT, Usher, Alicia.  Her team moves like she cant get left behind.  The Gift and EIL showed that people can easily tune out.  Relying on cultural moments for promo doesnt work anymore when people preemptively criticize everything you do.  She got caught slippin and I think she knows because she changed it up this time.  

My gripe isn't for the era or its success; they know what they're doing. Mine is purely selfish and I want to watch the video 100 times in a row, like right now.

Gwuf.gif

3 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Name me a 20+ year old song that both lives in the cultural zeitgeist and was a huge success that didn’t have a video. 

Quickly. 

Did she say she won’t release a MV? It’s barely been two weeks since the song was released…

Right, some of you are definitely just haters though :skull:

Just now, ToraeGilt said:

Did she say she won’t release a MV? It’s barely been two weeks since the song was released…

I was referring to the poster that said a hit is going to be a hit regardless of a video which is just total BS. 

4 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Justin Timberlake stepped all over multiple women and used his mediocrity to get to where he was. He cheats on his wife and he’s aged like milk.

If that makes me a hater, so be it mama! :cm:

He didn’t do **** to Britney or Janet. Lets go outside for some air, please.

also thats not what we were discussing. Going off topic because you have nothing to say. Typical 

Edited by Blue Rose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.