Avril Lavigne

greeneyedsoul

3 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Padam Padam ft. Avril when? 

DOYwSCtWAAABbSr.jpg

Kylie when asked about the Padam Padam remix with Avril:

"You wanna know what I think that I am? I'm just a rock chick, I like to throw stuff around... I like to get my anger out"

DOYwSCtWAAABbSr.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ivan_brit

• KKCuteCat

• Cefh

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw when exactly was Won't Let You Go confirmed to be a candidate for Eragon? Everyone says that but there's no actual source for that information. 

Keep Holding On is a Dr. Luke song meanwhile WLYG was written by Diane Warren which means those were 2 completely different recording sessions...

The fans make it seem like the songs sound identical which is not the case at all... Has Avril ever spoken about the theft of that song?

It might've very well been a Goodbye Lullaby scrap...

3 minutes ago, Vilko said:

Btw when exactly was Won't Let You Go confirmed to be a candidate for Eragon? Everyone says that but there's no actual source for that information. 

Keep Holding On is a Dr. Luke song meanwhile WLYG was written by Diane Warren which means those were 2 completely different recording sessions...

The fans make it seem like the songs sound identical which is not the case at all... Has Avril ever spoken about the theft of that song?

I remember loving this demo:katie2:

2 hours ago, Wrecked said:

It’s from the Head Above Water sessions? That’s a bigger plot twist than all seasons of Pretty Little Liars combined! I can see why it was left off that album, but she has so much good material being slept on. 

I wonder why we have never seemed to get any leaks from Under My Skin? I’m hoping that she does a 20th anniversary release next year so we can get Daydream, Take It (Remastered) and 4/5 unreleased songs. 

Well let's hope they actually release it and we actually get something other than I Always Get What I want and Take It :jonny: 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Vilko said:

You are correct in that it's never been confirmed but I trust the person who told me it was recorded around the same time as The Best Damn Thing sessions.

• Like 2

Won't Let You Go and Keep Holding On are like siblings lyrics-wise so I can see where the theory comes from

It's also better than Goodbye Lullaby

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

Won't Let You Go sounds like an american smash coming right after KHO - Girlfriend. Love WYG and it was a smash where I live though, so all is well :heart:

• Like 1

Keep Holding On

Girlfriend

Won't Let You Go (US), When You're Gone (WW)

Runaway

Innocence

Whew, album have sold 50 million copies.

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

4 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Keep Holding On

Girlfriend

Runaway

Innocence

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

What?

i don't think there's ums scrapped songs... didn't she reconrd this on a strict date?

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, Robburro said:

i don't think there's ums scrapped songs... didn't she reconrd this on a strict date?

There have been a lot of songs registered over the years, some that coincide with the Under My Skin sessions. She has stated that the label pressured her into recording the record quickly (faster than she would have wanted) but there are outtakes. She talked about one in a Rolling Stone interview, then of course we know about Daydream, but here's a good list from Bandaids that has a lot of info!

https://avrilbandaids.boards.net/thread/1551/comprehensive-list-unreleased-songs

5 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

What?

Oops meant to say it would have sold 50 million 

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

Edited by PoKiTaurus

10 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Keep Holding On

Girlfriend

Runaway

Innocence

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

Definitely thinking Runaway should be pushed as a second single in the US while WYG is pushed as a WW 2nd single. Runaway is my fav of the album and it is such a waste. Top 10 material for the US.

• Like 1

I suppose because UMS singles chart run was low key awful (#22, #9, #41, N/A) is bad compared to Let Go's (#2, #1, #4, #61), so they didn't pay attention to Innocence and Runaway charting high and focused on album sales 

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

There have been a lot of songs registered over the years, some that coincide with the Under My Skin sessions. She has stated that the label pressured her into recording the record quickly (faster than she would have wanted) but there are outtakes. She talked about one in a Rolling Stone interview, then of course we know about Daydream, but here's a good list from Bandaids that has a lot of info!

https://avrilbandaids.boards.net/thread/1551/comprehensive-list-unreleased-songs

Tommee Profitt sessions - Following Avril Lavigne's collaboration with producer Tommee Profitt on "What Child Is This?", Profitt revealed in an interview that he and Lavigne were working on more music together. On October 16, 2020, he clarified this statement on Twitter, stating that "we've been writing for fun", with there being no intended plans to commercially release the music.

God I hate her so much

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

I want to hear those Ben Moody songs! :ghostface:

• Like 1

This is low key one reason why some of us hate UMS, Avril herself admits she wanted more time with it. Her label even canceled Mobile to make more time for UMS sessions.

She said once that How Does It Feel in particular would probably bore the audience which is why she didn't do it on Bones Tour. 

Don't Tell Me is from Let Go sessions so UMS can't claim it. 

My Happy Ending is the only non-Butcher produced track and that's obviously the best on the album in terms of hit potential.

We have our reasons

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

"Fine" - Writers unknown. In a 2009 Rolling Stone interview, Avril Lavigne shared lyrics to the song while also declaring that she planned to include the track on her fourth album. The chorus of the song has the lyrics "when I'm having a bad-hair day, would you tell me you like it that way?". The song was scrapped from Goodbye Lullaby in favor of the following Max Martin and Shellback helmed songs: "What the Hell," "Smile," "Wish You Were Here," and "I Love You".

"Gone" - Written by Avril Lavigne and Evan Taubenfeld. The song was first mentioned by Taubenfeld on a live chat, with Taubenfeld declaring it as his favorite song from Goodbye Lullaby. However, the track was scrapped from the album in favor of the following Max Martin and Shellback helmed tracks: "What the Hell," "Smile," "Wish You Were Here," and "I Love You". The instrumental of the song leaked in July 2011, alongside the instrumentals of "Candy" and "Complete Me". In an interview on The View, Lavigne stated that she would like to release "Gone" as a single from her fifth album, although these plans were scrapped.

I truly hate RCA. :rip:

Goodbye Lullaby could have been a magnum opus if she was allowed to released it how she wanted to. 

Just now, PoKiTaurus said:

She said once that How Does It Feel in particular would probably bore the audience which is why she didn't do it on Bones Tour. 

avrilredcarpet6yvkrl.gif

How Does It Feel is one of her best songs and I don’t trust her judgement when it comes to what her fans want to hear live. Have you seen her recent set lists? People were practically BEGGING for her to add Avalanche to the set list and she hasn’t even bothered to rehearse it properly. She’s useless when it comes to making set lists and choosing songs for her albums. :gaycat6:

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 10:09 PM, Raphy23 said:

I'm so obsessed with Eyes Wide Shut! :gaycat7:

on repeat!!! :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.