Avril Lavigne

greeneyedsoul

9 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Eh, I enjoy Too Much to Ask from time to time but have never liked Unwanted. Just something about it :michael:

I can somehow let go (pun intended) of Unwanted… but TMTA is honestly just perfection. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ivan_brit

• KKCuteCat

• Cefh

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Blankspace2010 said:

I can somehow let go (pun intended) of Unwanted… but TMTA is honestly just perfection. 

I used to absolutely love TMTA, and I still enjoy it just a little less than I used to I much prefer a song like Naked which I think is among her best closers :jonny5:

I wish Avril would have great re-current radio material songs like her peers do

On 5/29/2022 at 7:57 AM, Homebrand said:

I usually like hearing different perspectives, but when he kept contradicting himself saying it was bad because it was an album full of 'emotional songs' then would drag other albums for not being cohesive, then ranking  self titled and HAW at 3 and 2 respectively, which are arguably her least ''cohesive'' albums :rip:  

I'm more offended by this flop's monotone voice.:dies:

Anyway, I'm all for variety on Avril's albums. But on ST, it's as if she was just genre-hoping because nothing on that album fell into place, both musically and sonically.

• ATRL Moderator

I get that HAW and SL aren’t her most cohesive but I feel like some fans do too much on those albums as a whole. They have some true highlights: HTNGU, FF, Hush Hush, Hello Heartache, 17, Birdie, Head Above Water, Goddess, It Was in Me, Crush, Tell Me It’s Over. I get that they are more pop leaning and stray from some of her earlier material but those songs are simply wonderful. Not saying they are necessarily better than her first four albums (though I think they are just as good and some even better) but that they deserve some flowers from time to time :jamming:

• ATRL Moderator

Side note: Avril’s vocals on Goodbye Lullaby are just transcendent. The F5 in WYWH, the E5s in What the Hell, the ad-libs in Smile and I Love You :wanda:She really became a vocal legend that era at least in the studio

21 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I get that HAW and SL aren’t her most cohesive but I feel like some fans do too much on those albums as a whole.

Personally, I think people drag ST and HAW simply because the songwriting just wasn't good, the lyrics were banal, the production was cheap, and the songs sounded like rejects from her earlier albums or from any Taylor/Katy/Kesha album.:ducky:

But tbh I don't understand why people complain about lacks of cohesiveness in pop albums. RED and Lover were vastly disjointed in terms of style/sound, and fans and critics alike praised them as two of Taylor's best works.:mrpeanut:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

Personally, I think people drag ST and HAW simply because the songwriting just wasn't good, the lyrics were banal, the production was cheap, and the songs sounded like rejects from her earlier albums or from any Taylor/Katy/Kesha album.:ducky:

But tbh I don't understand why people complain about lacks of cohesiveness in pop albums. RED and Lover were vastly disjointed in terms of style/sound, and fans and critics alike praised them as two of Taylor's best works.:mrpeanut:

But the lyrics in the songs I mentioned aren't more banal than the ones on Under My Skin and The Best Damn Thing, the former of which has some of her worst lyrics in her entire career. And the vocal toplines on SL are far more complex than UMS'. Sure the production isn't as consistent but she was hitting more E5s, F5s, and harmonics than ever before. I'm not gonna say SL doesn't have some low lows and same for HAW but the highs are just as good as her prime 

Do you flops think Olivia will continue to cover Complicated when she starts her European tour next week?

Or will she forget that she's an Avril stan and start covering Alanis?

I wanted to add that the "revolving deuit" post on here (regarding "Tell Me It's Over") lives in my head RENT FREE

If I remember correctly, @ProudLBS posted it nnn, but I could be wrong (since ATRL deleted old threads smh)

1 hour ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

I wanted to add that the "revolving deuit" post on here (regarding "Tell Me It's Over") lives in my head RENT FREE

If I remember correctly, @ProudLBS posted it nnn, but I could be wrong (since ATRL deleted old threads smh)

What post? Idk what you’re talking about :gaycat6:

9 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

What post? Idk what you’re talking about :gaycat6:

Where you were mocking/teasing Avril's pronunciation of "revolving door" as "revolving deuit" (in Tell Me It's Over) ... but it may have been someone else. Whoever reading this remembers posting that on ATRL back in the day should speak up :gaycat6:

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

9 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Where you were mocking/teasing Avril's pronunciation of "revolving door" as "revolving deuit" (in Tell Me It's Over) ... but it may have been someone else. Whoever reading this remembers posting that on ATRL back in the day should speak up :gaycat6:

oh it wasn’t me :gaycat6:

Pale Waves stanning AL2.

That makes one person in this world that uses UMF.

The old ATRL thread used to be more active this is sad

13 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

The old ATRL thread used to be more active this is sad

oh we don’t use this thread :rip:

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

oh we don’t use this thread :rip:

Why did nobody tell me dat

Ramona with Gen-Z queen Charli Whatshername from last year.

dxVb5q0.jpg

On 6/3/2022 at 5:18 PM, Ampersand13 said:

the lyrics in the songs I mentioned aren't more banal than the ones on Under My Skin and The Best Damn Thing, the former of which has some of her worst lyrics in her entire career

Are you ok?? 

In her latest podcast, Hayley Williams says she prefers Kelly C over Avril.

We lost.

1 minute ago, HBK-79 said:

In her latest podcast, Hayley Williams says she prefers Kelly C over Avril.

We lost.

That’s not what she said lol

23 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

That’s not what she said lol

She literally says "One of the biggest and one of the coolest...Kelly Clarkson".:gaycat6:

Unless the audio was cut off mid-sentence.

7 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

She literally says "One of the biggest and one of the coolest...Kelly Clarkson".:gaycat6:

Unless the audio was cut off mid-sentence.

Hayley’s talking about people who started dying their hair a little bit, wearing bracelets, etc, aka people Avril influenced (she even called it the Avril Lavigne effect)

Edited by ProudLBS

23 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Hayley’s talking about people who started dying their hair a little bit, wearing bracelets, etc, aka people Avril influenced (she even called it the Avril Lavigne effect)

Still, Hayley is saying that Kelly is the coolest, putting her above Ramona.:gaycat6:

1 minute ago, HBK-79 said:

Still, Hayley is saying that Kelly is the coolest, putting her above Ramona.:gaycat6:

No, the coolest among the inflencees

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.