Drake breaks AM & Spotify records

B-Luke

1 minute ago, Orsay said:

hey He always puts out the same mediocre shite and millions on millions of straights just eat it up. Whatever though don’t quote me, the numbers are obviously insane

It's always funny to me, the hype behind his music like he hasn't put something out every month for the last 12 years :deadbanana2:

And these are the same straights that'd call Beyoncé and Taylor overexposed and overrated, make it make sense. Gays, our taste will never.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Into The Void

• onewillowsilk

• Sweet Sexy Savage

24 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

So Kanye and him roughly did the same in 12 hours? Kind of impressive for Kanye to compete with Drake

Kanye did it in 16 hours since his album was released around 8AM EST

And his albums keep getting worse so this is sad to see. Kinda hoped it would underperform so he could actually make something good again

QueenofCopyPaste

Will it have longevity and consistency though?

thats the major question

littlebodybigheart
4 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

thats the major question

what drake album hasn’t had that? quickly.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, littlebodybigheart said:

what drake album hasn’t had that? quickly.

That last mixtape maybe. or this one could.

The power of all skips album! :clap3: The gp skipping every track after 30 secs, yet that still counts as a stream, Drake still wins! :clap3:

9 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

The power of all skips album! :clap3: The gp skipping every track after 30 secs, yet that still counts as a stream, Drake still wins! :clap3:

Did your mother drink when you were in the womb? I haven’t skipped a track yet except for the intro.

littlebodybigheart
20 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

i mean, his last mixtape didn’t even chart because it only had 3 songs (which went #1, #2 and #3 on the hot 100). but mixtapes generally don’t do numbers, studio album wise all of his records have made a dent.

clb has over 20 tracks, even if it’s not that well-received, a 20+ track album by the biggest rapper out right now is gonna have some longevity.

Donda ended :ahh: 

51 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

Kanye did it in 16 hours since his album was released around 8AM EST

Wrong. Donda pulled 60M streams in it's first 24 hours from the time it was released on Sunday. 

LINK

QueenofCopyPaste
7 minutes ago, littlebodybigheart said:

i mean, his last mixtape didn’t even chart because it only had 3 songs (which went #1, #2 and #3 on the hot 100). but mixtapes generally don’t do numbers, studio album wise all of his records have made a dent.

clb has over 20 tracks, even if it’s not that well-received, a 20+ track album by the biggest rapper out right now is gonna have some longevity.

I meant about the Dark Demo Lanes mixtape

30 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Scary Hours 2 wasn't a mixtape. It was 3 songs he released that couldn't even chart as an EP on the Billboard 200. If you're referring to Dark Lane Demo Tapes - the mixtape he released last year - that spent 9 weeks in the Billboard 200 top 10, has moved over 1M units in the US and hasn't left the Billboard 200 since it debuted, charting for 69 weeks and counting. 

Crazy but the album is trash

Cant wait for Kendrick Lamar to serve success AND quality

42 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

thats the major question

Why are you acting like Drake's albums have a history of not serving longevity on the Billboard 200? 

Take Care (2011): 443 weeks (and counting)

Nothing Was the Same (2013): 389 weeks (and counting)

Views (2016): 276 weeks (and counting)

Scorpion (2018): 165 weeks (and counting)

It clearly won't have the huge hits Scorpion did but it will still do well just off it being a Drake album. 

littlebodybigheart
23 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

I meant about the Dark Demo Lanes mixtape

that album is still charting! drake always has impressive longevity albums-wise!

38 minutes ago, onewillowsilk said:

Wrong. Donda pulled 60M streams in it's first 24 hours from the time it was released on Sunday. 

LINK

Welp :rip:

56 minutes ago, yogosans14 said:

Did your mother drink when you were in the womb? I haven’t skipped a track yet except for the intro.

The Bardi on Bardi cannibalism :deadbanana2: 

Spoiler

The album is very cohesive for sure 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.