Chartmasters updates Britney's sales; 103.3M EAS

Ghiles

Following the discovery of official receipts and certifications Britney has been eligible for since 2000/2001, ChartMasters had made adjustments to her pure album sales.

Spoiler

https://chartmasters.org/2019/04/britney-spears-albums-and-songs-sales/

• At 103,271,000 EAS, Britney Spears is the most successful female artist who debuted in the last 25 years. She is second overall.
  • At 31,642,000 EAS, …Baby One More Time is the second most successful album from 1999.
  • At 31,642,000 EAS, …Baby One More Time is the most successful album of all-time by a minor (under 18).
  • At 23,797,000 EAS, Oops!… I Did It Again is the third most successful album from 2000.
  • At 18,640,000 EAS, …Baby One More Time is the most successful song from 1998.
  • At 14,310,000 EAS, Oops!… I Did It Again is among the Top 3 most successful songs from 2000.
  • At 8,560,000 EAS, Toxic is among the Top 5 most successful songs from 2003.
  • At 14,2 million pure sales, …Baby One More Time is the second highest selling album of the last 20 years in the US.
  • Britney Spears broke several records of fastest selling albums in the US including highest debut ever by a female with Oops!… I Did It Again at 1,319,000, the first female with 4 albums debuting with over 500,000 units as well as the youngest to register 3, 4, 5 and then 6 #1 albums. All these records have been broken since except the very last one.
  • Both …Baby One More Time and Oops!… I Did It Again sold 100,000 copies or more in 21 different countries.

Some notable changes:

...Baby One More Time is up to 24,175,000 pure sales and surpasses Millenium, making it the highest selling album of the bubblegum pop era

Britney is up to a massive 2 million album sales in Mexico

She is up to 2.8 million album sales in France

She is up to 4,676,000+ album sales in Latin America, surpassing Barbra Streisand and becoming the 4th highest selling western female in the continent after Madonna, Enya and Celine.

She is up to 3,350,000+ album sales in Japan, surpassing Janet Jackson in the country

All hail the global legend

tumblr_m7gixoH8ys1qf176l.gif

Edited by Ghiles

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghiles

• Anticipating

• ddddynamite

• JawBreaker

Since when is Baby One More Time bubblegum pop tho?

When did it reach 14M sales in the US? I thought it was at 12M.

strange 

a lot of ppl here have said she only sold like 50 mil albums 

is this data accurate

1 minute ago, Cherry123 said:

It's been certified 14x Platinum since 2004 or 2005.

OT: What a LEGEND :clap3:Her sales in Latin America are out of this world.

1 minute ago, dannyboy said:

strange 

is this data accurate

Her first three albums alone have sold nearly 50 million :lmao:

9 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

...Baby One More Time is up to 24,175,000 pure sales and surpasses Millenium, making it the highest selling album of the bubblegum pop era

She is up to 4,676,000+ album sales in Latin America, surpassing Barbra Streisand and becoming the 4th highest selling western female in the continent after Madonna, Enya and Celine.

Wow

9 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

She is up to 3,350,000+ album sales in Japan, surpassing Janet Jackson in the country 

Janet is so big there :clap3:

This is only update for only her first 2 albums right?

Impressive tbh :jonny5:

but wait so basically all the late 2000s MPGs are gonna pass her in the next 2 years?? :rip:

3 minutes ago, dannyboy said:

strange 

is this data accurate

:deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, JawBreaker said:

but wait so basically all the late 2000s MPGs are gonna pass her in the next 2 years?? :rip:

None of them are close except for Rih

5 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

Hm?
Wasn't she a bubblegum pop artist at debut?
I get saying this for Oops (since it has more RnB influences in it noted by critics) but Baby? It's as bubblegum as they get tbh

8 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

Are you seriously asking that or are you trolling? Anyways... music club sales were a big thing back then so they are what makes up for the extra sales, thought this was common knowledge.

6 minutes ago, dannyboy said:

strange 

is this data accurate

giphy.gif

ot: This successful LEGEND with over 103M album units moved, not everyone's faves can relate :flame:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

14 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Taylor is at 76M and has slowed down a lot since Reputation. She's not gonna gain 27M in 2 years.

Gaga is over 45M behind. It's not likely that she will ever catch up unless she maintains ASIB level of success for several more eras which isn't realistic considering how Artpop and Joanne did. ASIB was more of a fluke for her.

Katy is out of the question.

Only Rihanna and Adele can surpass her if they release and even if they do, she will still stand as the 8th most successful woman of all time so she wins either way. :1stplace:

3 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

None of them are close except for Rih

maybe not Gaga or Katy. But Chartmasters did an article in feb that said basically Taylor, Adele and Rihanna will reach 100M CSPC before the end of next year. And beyonce will do it like the year after

How much did Janet sell in Japan/Asia?

2 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

maybe not Gaga or Katy. But Chartmasters did an article in feb that said basically Taylor, Adele and Rihanna will reach 100M CSPC before the end of next year. And beyonce will do it like the year after

Are we sure about Beyonce considering how her 2 last eras did ? 

11 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

Taylor is at 76M and has slowed down a lot since Reputation. She's not gonna gain 27M in 2 years.

Gaga is over 45M behind. It's not likely that she will ever catch up unless she maintains ASIB level of success for several more eras which isn't realistic considering how Artpop and Joanne did. ASIB was more of a fluke for her.

Katy is out of the question.

Only Rihanna and Adele can surpass her if they release and even if they do, she will still stand as the 8th most successful woman of all time so she wins either way. :1stplace:

She was at 78M in Feb. In the Rep era she gained over 22M CSPC. Lover is doing way better than Reputation on spotify so far so I guess she's not slowing down. If she does over 3M pure sales again WW. She has it in the bag. Anyway chartmasters were the ones that said she will reach 100M CSPC by the end of 2020. If she doesn't then by 2022 she will. Its not like Britneys CSPC is growing fast either way. 

I do agree on the rest tho :cm:

15 minutes ago, Hallucinogen said:

How much did Janet sell in Japan/Asia?

Japan - 3,310,000

Asia - 5,250,000

58 minutes ago, Ghiles said:
  • At 103,271,000 EAS, Britney Spears is the most successful female artist who debuted in the last 25 years. She is second overall.

they hate to see it :clap3:

15 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Anyway chartmasters were the ones that said she will reach 100M CSPC by the end of 2020. If she doesn't then by 2022 she will.

They were talking about Rihanna, not Taylor.

OT; Ahh, my ****ing fave :clap3:

We just need b10 to round out her career 20 years in and she can retire and live her best life with Sam.

i think she can reach up to 105m after 1 more album and catalog streams and then we’d have to wait until a bad event would happen to see another surge that could place her over 110 but of course i wouldn’t want that to happen 

Good with best selling female artist of the past 25 years.

12 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

They were talking about Rihanna, not Taylor.

OT; Ahh, my ****ing fave :clap3:

They said Rihanna 2019 best case/2020 worst case, Taylor 2020 best case/2022 worst case

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.