Rate Signup Thread

Ace Reject

C'mon now, we both know not all of those ladies made it over that hill. Or got back on their game.

Edited by Subomie

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ace Reject

• supaspaz

• clue

• conatus

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/13/2018 at 8:46 AM, Ace Reject said:

Fight it out with @minho!

But, again, how has NO ONE hosted Exile in Guyville and Ray of Light rankings yet!?!?!? I'd even take The Fame at this point ...

On 11/12/2018 at 1:16 PM, Subomie said:

I will take the '90s rebellion rate redux if no one else will.

We can't let 2017 and 2018 go by without it.

You can take it

3 hours ago, Ace Reject said:

b) "Over The Hill But Back on Their Game" - legends (Mariah) or icons (Kylie, Christina) recharging their creative batteries and releasing new material that's current, but still them. Would love if you hosted that one! You can even add a "comeback" from another world if you'd like. [You can also TOTALLY change the rate title!]

Cute! Those three will give us 38 tracks to rate total, I'm conflicted if I want to add Shania or not. I don't want my girl to get dragged. :dancehall:

Ariana will undeservedly be high on year end lists. 

TW2018 could be 5 female albums. 

9 hours ago, Subomie said:

6kzDr3d.png

So? ?️‍♂️

:duca: that would be a great chance to listen to Butterfly in full!

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Superpower said:

Ariana will undeservedly be high on year end lists. 

TW2018 could be 5 female albums. 

Yeah, I'm thinking Supa will be doing Sweetener v. Dirty Computer v. Be The Cowboy v. Golden Hour v. Honey.

Not a bad lineup! @supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator
On 11/19/2018 at 5:04 PM, Scion said:

Cute! Those three will give us 38 tracks to rate total, I'm conflicted if I want to add Shania or not. I don't want my girl to get dragged. :dancehall:

Hmm. I'm unsure as whether or not Shania fits, as the album is from 2017 and didn't get significant acclaim. Maybe stick to these three? If @Diarrhoea gives up his rate, you can add Queen to it - for the kiiis!

3 minutes ago, Ace Reject said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Supa will be doing Sweetener v. Dirty Computer v. Be The Cowboy v. Golden Hour v. Honey.

I think Kali Uchi’s Isolation would be a better fit than Sweetener but that’s up to Supa and whichever Year End outlet is used.

1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

1 hour ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I think Kali Uchi’s Isolation would be a better fit than Sweetener but that’s up to Supa and whichever Year End outlet is used.

I’d like to reserve a spot for 2018 Alternative Rate. I’ll pick the albums after we know the lineups for TW2018 Part 1 and Part 2.

Praying that Tom doesn’t touch my wishlist 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Ace Reject said:

Not at all! I'm just sad I won't get to include Invasion of Privacy.

Now Acey, you know we don't have enough rates open right now for you to be brushing over my post. ?

I'm thinking I open a thread this week? Maybe a three week voting period and then get the results out in time for the kids to go off for Christmas.

@Ace Reject I'm gonna re-open my Mitski rate today. I didn't have enough time when I first opened the thread.

or should I host something else maybe since I don't know how many people would be interested in a Mitski rate even? I'm down for everything pretty much. ? 

Edited by Pendulum

On 11/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, Tom Vercetti said:

I agree. I think we could put Sweetener in a more pop girl oriented rate. Kali's album is more acclaimed and would fit better imo. :michael:

Will start up promo for the Pazz & Jop #1s soon, in honor or them shutting down and all, maybe more people will contribute!

Damn though, what are we going to use for the This Was... Series then? AcclaimedMusic?

For what it's worth, I'd throw my hat in the ring for Isolation being used over Sweetener for the eventual TW2018. Plus this good exposure for ha. Queen Kali needs to build up her ATRL fanbase.

And for which sites to use, you guys can always use AcclaimedMusic.net or albumotheyear.org since they also do aggregate YELs too.

On 11/22/2018 at 1:35 PM, enxe said:

I agree. I think we could put Sweetener in a more pop girl oriented rate. Kali's album is more acclaimed and would fit better imo. :michael:

It could even fill a fourth spot in the Mariah v Christina v Kylie Divas rate. ?

How does one go about hosting a rate? Requesting in here and getting the OK from a mod? I’ve decided I’d like to host the Madonna videography rate. I’ve never hosted a rate in the past but simply believe it’s a crime that the woman w the best videography of all time has never had a videography rate on ATRL.

If a good sis (or sissies) pm me some pointers and such for hosting a rate it’d be much appreciated. I’m also going to do some research and look at some past videography rates to get a general idea. :)

On 11/22/2018 at 2:35 PM, enxe said:

Kali can always be in Part2. 

Anyway, I think the YE lists might be unpredictable. We might have males in Part 1, if we are sticking to the top5 albums rule of last year.

1 hour ago, Superpower said:

Kali can always be in Part2. 

Anyway, I think the YE lists might be unpredictable. We might have males in Part 1, if we are sticking to the top5 albums rule of last year.

True, but I still don't think Sweetener fits in a TW rate.

35 minutes ago, enxe said:

True, but I still don't think Sweetener fits in a TW rate.

We’ve had Beyoncé and Taylor in TW rates before and Sweetener was produced by the same exact producers (Pharrell and Max Martin) :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.