US Airplay Discussion

Kworb

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

The song has gone from #25 to #176 on Spotify in less than 3 weeks :confused: 

The demo that uses Spotify does not listen to Lady Gaga. She does much better on Apple Music and Pandora.

• Replies 37.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, goethe said:

The demo that uses Spotify does not listen to Lady Gaga. She does much better on Apple Music and Pandora.

What does that have to do with the stability claim?

22 minutes ago, One Nation said:

What does that have to do with the stability claim?

If you checked it had stability this week... I didnt say it was high. The ones who say it was #25 that happened exactly after superbowl. But whatever.... I see ppl here want MR to fail as a radio hit so we just have to wait and see.

For example today it had the highest audience gain in its run.

POP
25 24 LADY GAGA Million Reasons 3172 2597 575 15.890

+76 spins
+9 bullet
+1.156 audience

HAC 
17 17 LADY GAGA Million Reasons 2124 1884 240 13.501

+40 spins
+17 bullet
+0.291 audience

Edited by Marioland

3 hours ago, alexanderao said:

The song has gone from #25 to #176 on Spotify in less than 3 weeks :confused: 

Because spotify is a stupid success store, you pay x money for TTH's and you hace a hit, MR is not in this playlist so will never hit in spotify.

22 minutes ago, Communist said:

Because spotify is a stupid success store, you pay x money for TTH's and you hace a hit, MR is not in this playlist so will never hit in spotify.

There are other songs not on TTHs and are currently Top 100.

12 hours ago, YR. said:

Yeah, Paris is not a big hit. Definitely a disappointment no matter how you look at it

Said that it wouldn't do well on day 1. 

It was just released a month ago

and they already got this Coldplay song eating up airplay that Closer is also occupying

All We Know is lowkey their best song though

4 hours ago, goethe said:

Actually, I'd think she does worse on Apple Music, which has a far more urban chart than Spotify. She's doing fairly well on Pandora, but even if Pandora stays stable, if the Spotify trend doesn't reverse itself then I don't see how radio holds onto it for a very long time.

Just now, alexanderao said:

Actually, I'd think she does worse on Apple Music, which has a far more urban chart than Spotify. She's doing fairly well on Pandora, but even if Pandora stays stable, if the Spotify trend doesn't reverse itself then I don't see how radio holds onto it for a very long time.

I think Gaga should at least given a chance. It's not like she's making 1920s music. You never know, there may be people out there who may appreciate. I will totally accept that she is over, if MR doesn't enter top 50 inspite of putting it on several playlists. At least give her a freaking chance... 

Sales and Pandora are obviously doing fine. And MR has always done better on Apple Music. It's currently higher on AM even with entire Future and Big Sean albums crowding out the top 200. MR does not need to explode on every service for radio to play it.

Edited by goethe

16 hours ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Paris is honestly doing pretty well. I don't see why everyone is calling it a flop. It's been in the top 10 of Spotify since release, and has been selling on par with most hits out right now. They can't always have a Closer-sized smash. Also, This really isn't that similar to Closer at all. It may have a somewhat similar theme, but the record itself is entirely different.

I hope radio doesn't drop this. It's #7 in Net Positive on callouts, top 10 on Spotify (not really losing or gaining much though), and is seemingly headed back into the top 10 on iTunes with dark green updates. Kings. :clap3:

The only ones saying that "Paris" is a flop are Gaga stans like YR, though...

12 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

I think Gaga should at least given a chance. It's not like she's making 1920s music. You never know, there may be people out there who may appreciate. I will totally accept that she is over, if MR doesn't enter top 50 inspite of putting it on several playlists. At least give her a freaking chance... 

Eh. It's on roughly the same amount of playlists as Congratulations (which is nearly 2x the amount that iSpy is on). It's more of a demographics issue at this point.

That's not to say that it wouldn't be doing better if it had Paris or SOY-level exposure there (it would– any song would). But saying that it doesn't have enough exposure there to be a hit right now is problematic to me.

10 minutes ago, goethe said:

Sales and Pandora are obviously doing fine. And MR has always done better on Apple Music. It's currently higher on AM even with entire Future and Big Sean albums crowding out the top 200. MR does not need to explode on every service for radio to play it.

Oh, I didn't know that. :chick3: But I still stand by what I said re: the song not getting as far as 80M with the level of Spotify support it's receiving at the moment. And this has nothing to do with Gaga, mind you. That would just be a really uncommon thing to happen.

Just now, alexanderao said:

Eh. It's on roughly the same amount of playlists as Congratulations (which is nearly 2x the amount that iSpy is on). It's more of a demographics issue at this point.

That's not to say that it wouldn't be doing better if it had Paris or SOY-level exposure there (it would– any song would). But saying that it doesn't have enough exposure there to be a hit right now is problematic to me.

Oh, I didn't know that. :chick3: But I still stand by what I said re: the song not getting as far as 80M with the level of Spotify support it's receiving at the moment. And this has nothing to do with Gaga, mind you. That would just be a really uncommon thing to happen.

Alex that is wrong... Congratulations is on TTH. That itself propels it to the upper echelon. But comparing her to the best female Streamer Rihanna's LOTB, if you can see both are doing approx same... 

5 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Congratulations and iSpy are both on TTH, to be fair. It's not so much the number of playlists really as it is THE playlist these songs are featured on or not.

Clean Bandit was on TTH and were doing fine on Spotify, but as soon as they were removed, they crashed extremely quickly.

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Congratulations and iSpy are both on TTH, to be fair. It's not so much the number of playlists really as it is THE playlist these songs are featured on or not.

Clean Bandit was on TTH and were doing fine on Spotify, but as soon as they were removed, they crashed extremely quickly.

The playlists that MR is on have more cumulative followers than the ones iSpy is on. But I digress. All I'm trying to argue is that even if a threshold of exposure exists that songs must surpass on Spotify in order to become hits there, MR is past that threshold. That's a very subjective thing to say and you can obviously disagree :michael:  

And while I do think that radio programmers will take notice of this and drop the song, that's just a prediction. Who knows— maybe they will hold onto it and get it to 70 or 80M. We'll see.

24 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

And while I do think that radio programmers will take notice of this and drop the song, that's just a prediction. Who knows— maybe they will hold onto it and get it to 70 or 80M. We'll see.

So the only way radio stations will be playing a Gaga music is if her team pays for TTH which is not happening at all.

She's doomed

OUSSuPI.gif

29 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

The playlists that MR is on have more cumulative followers than the ones iSpy is on. But I digress. All I'm trying to argue is that even if a threshold of exposure exists that songs must surpass on Spotify in order to become hits there, MR is past that threshold. That's a very subjective thing to say and you can obviously disagree :michael:  

And it's not about total followers. It's also about placement of song on a playlist. I think a song gets good plays mostly if it is the top 10 there. I know people listen on shuffle, but I'm sure there is 50 percent out there who would want to play from first song only. 

3 hours ago, Communist said:

LOL, many songs on TTH are not hit

Like that song by Aaron Carter, it's at #109 on Spotify Chart. A SINGLE playlist doesn't guarantee success

12 minutes ago, Sept said:

1 hour ago, Monster Megamind said:

Alex that is wrong... Congratulations is on TTH. That itself propels it to the upper echelon. But comparing her to the best female Streamer Rihanna's LOTB, if you can see both are doing approx same... 

Why do y'all insist on attaching Rihanna to your arguments? When LOTB had the audience MR has now it was already Top 100 WITHOUT TTH. :toofunny2:

So no they are not doing approximately he same when one has been Top 100 for months and the other only got inside due to the Super Bowl. :rip:

Rihanna and Gaga are not in any way shape or form in the same position :doc:

Just now, One Nation said:

Why do y'all insist on attaching Rihanna to your arguments? When LOTB had the audience MR has now it was already Top 100 WITHOUT TTH. :toofunny2:

So no they are not doing approximately he same when one has been Top 100 for months and the other only got inside due to the Super Bowl. :rip:

Your argument is also correct. But I hope you understand that I was comparing current positions. 

3 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Your argument is also correct. But I hope you understand that I was comparing current positions. 

The same argument can be made even now tho :doc:

Edited by One Nation

Just now, One Nation said:

My same argument can be made even now tho :doc:

Of course because as I mentioned above, Rihanna has a higher baseline streamers. Each of her non-singles has 30 million streams whereas Gaga's are around 7-8 million. 

4 minutes ago, One Nation said:

http://kworb.net/airadio/archives/20161117.html

57 +3 RIHANNA Love On The Brain 30.395

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/us/daily/2016-11-17

127 Love On The Brain by Rihanna     176,862

It's not like it was doing that much better :cm:

8 minutes ago, One Nation said:

http://kworb.net/airadio/archives/20161117.html

RIHANNA Love On The Brain 30.395 

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/us/daily/2016-11-17

127 Love On The Brain by Rihanna 176,862

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.