US Airplay Discussion

Kworb

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Hunt got one HAC add, but nothing at T 40 or AC.

• Replies 37.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

16901713_10155081353652509_740109033_n.p

Her power! Cross genre queen!

It's streaming and selling pretty well, and it's #1 on MB's RTM. Hopefully Better Man gets more than just one week on top.

14 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Hunt got one HAC add, but nothing at T 40 or AC.

I see, I hope he can crossover on Pop radios given his great performances on both iTunes and Spotify !

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I see, I hope he can crossover on Pop radios given his great performances on both iTunes and Spotify !

I'm sure the HAC add is unsolicited. I'm not sure if his label has actually asked for adds since "Take Your Time." However, I remember he did a bunch of promotion for "Break Up In A Small Town" (late night talk show, The Voice) so maybe that song was sent for adds and failed to get anywhere. Break Up did well on sales and streaming too. And with its dubstep beat, I thought for sure mainstream radio would jump all over it. Then again, his live performances of the song were straight forward Rock, and not the Rhythmic-Dance-Country hybrid of the album version.

Wow. High Valley's "Make You Mine" has been climbing the BB CAC for 52 weeks now, and moved 18-17 (without recurrents) this week with an audience gain of 945,000 and a spin increase of 176. I remember there was a song in 2015 that took 53 weeks to reach #15, which is about where almost all the stations start jumping on a song. But that fell 15-16 (though with a bullet) in its 54th week, and off the CAC the week after that. Some of the early and smaller stations to add these songs get burnt out with these super slow climbers, and they'll give up on the singles right about the time bigger affiliates begin to give it more airplay. So MYM could suffer the same fate as the 54 weeker in 2015.

9 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Linkin Park's "Heavy" didn't get a single add at Active Rock. Obviously, the format obviously hates the original, and there are blogs on Rock threads confirming this. Considering LP has had more success at AR than Alt this decade, I'm not sure what they're trying to do. I doubt T 40 will play it anyway, but maybe HAC will though.

EDIT: More than 90 Top 40 stations added the song, and 30 HAC stations did, so I am wrong here. Still, it's sad to see such a good band sell out like this. Maybe it's the label making the call though. That happens a lot, and the format/sound change is out of the artists' hands.

The song is "too poppy", I wonder how their album will do because even though the song is not bad is not exactly the sound or route you would expect them to take.

Water Under The Bridge is #11 on Radio Songs  :jonny:

Could it go top 10 on Radio? What a waste of airplay. Not even a video or a performance :shakeno:

Edited by Green

What is the record for pop spins and audience? Will Ed Sheeran break both? 

8 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

Literally clicked in here to ask.. the AI is insane like how much more is available to this song on pop?

Out of curiosity What are the biggest AI peaks ever?  :celestial5:

4 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

On MB, Closer set the record (all stations), and still holds it for spins, with 21760. But SOY, at 135.667 (all stations), has passed Closer's 134.729, and Swift's Trouble (135.074). I only do all stations + recurrents, so I don't know anything about the "published" charts.

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

Out of curiosity What are the biggest AI peaks ever?  :celestial5:

The real AI, or just Top 40? Songs with a wide range of formats have outdone tracks that never really expanded past the Pop Quadrant. I can't find the actual totals right now, but I think Blurred Lines, Happy, We Belong Together, All Of Me, Dark Horse, Uptown Funk, Irreplaceable, and No One are the biggest songs on AI (not necessarily in that order). I think all of those peaked well over 200 M, but some of the older songs (WBT, NO, Beyonce) predate Kworb's archives. Rolling In The Deep may be up there, since it set the record for most formats, as could Royals.

I meant in overall AI not just pop, so if anyone happens to know please tell me :P I'd love to know what they are. 

29 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I meant in overall AI not just pop, so if anyone happens to know please tell me :P I'd love to know what they are. 

@iHype.

Million Reasons

POP: +112 Spins / +0.922 Audience
HAC: +40 Spins / +0.155 Audience

Pop radio queen

vYihPMG.gif

11 minutes ago, Instant said:

Million Reasons

Pop radio queen

vYihPMG.gif

do you see the one for cttr yet

8 minutes ago, Rawr said:

do you see the one for cttr yet

POP:+174 spins/+0.354 Audience

13 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Kworb had a page with these totals on his website, but I couldn't find the link to retrieve the AI totals. I'll check his site again a little later today.

3 hours ago, Instant said:

Million Reasons

Pop radio queen

vYihPMG.gif

Queen of longevity ?

Radio picking Gaga up makes me think of This Town, Gold, i hate u, All Time Low etc.

So yes, by discounting the song for months radio start playing the song. Considering the previous songs MR should have no problems peaking between #5-#15

CTTR +0.8 million... That's not exactly good 

LOTB +2.2M biggest update of the day :dies:

13 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

CTTR +0.8 million... That's not exactly good 

LOTB +2.2M biggest update of the day :dies:

"Love On The Brain".

:alexz:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.