• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 35.790 (+ 0.851)

SELENA GOMEZ - Bad Liar: 43.475 (+ 0.420)

MILEY CYRUS - Malibu: 44.690 (+ 0.230)

these songs deserved to smash

wtTbRRf.gif

Wow, "Castle On The Hill" actually made it to Top 10 :clap3:

Any update for "Thunder"?

24 minutes ago, FanOfPop said:

Wow, "Castle On The Hill" actually made it to Top 10 :clap3:

Any update for "Thunder"?

Is Thunder send to the radio?

Just now, wgenhao said:

Is Thunder send to the radio?

I think Tuesday was sent yeah.

1 minute ago, FanOfPop said:

I think Tuesday was sent yeah.

hope it can make to top 10

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 26.204 (- 0.133)

I'm tired of this injustice

wtTbRRf.gif

1 hour ago, wehan6 said:

:jonny3:

I knew this would be a hit for this demographics :jonny: Atrl's taste is shook.

1 hour ago, grandewhispers said:

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 26.204 (- 0.133)

I'm tired of this injustice

wtTbRRf.gif

One man's injustice is another man's justice 

hLhtMs6.gif

Despacito peaking on Rhythmic and only another week or so before it peaks on Pop :duca:

It's kind of gross that Radio is willing to play a bunch of male led songs that don't have a high streaming/sales backing, but refuses to play female  led songs even if they're doing well. Best way for a female to get a hit right now is to jump on a DJ track

24 minutes ago, Kkamjong said:

It's kind of gross that Radio is willing to play a bunch of male led songs that don't have a high streaming/sales backing, but refuses to play female  led songs even if they're doing well. Best way for a female to get a hit right now is to jump on a DJ track

what are those? looking at itunes, the only ones doing (not counting Wild Thoughts) "good" are Miley, Selena and Halsey. All of them are discounted and wouldn't be as high if they were full price. Plus they're performing poorly everywhere:

Spotify

#25 Halsey

#30 Selena

#40 Miley

Apple Music

#48 Halsey

#63 Selena

#73 Miley

Youtube

Selena | 586,549

Miley | 361,374

Halsey | 238,591

#20 has 764k views^^

So they're barely doing good tbh :michael: (and Halsey is getting major support, so it's only Malibu and Bad Liar)

EDIT: Oh there's also Gaga with The Cure. same situation, actually even worse 

9 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

what are those? looking at itunes, the only ones doing (not counting Wild Thoughts) "good" are Miley, Selena and Halsey. All of them are discounted and wouldn't be as high if they were full price. Plus they're performing poorly everywhere:

Spotify

#25 Halsey

#30 Selena

#40 Miley

Apple Music

#48 Halsey

#63 Selena

#73 Miley

Youtube

Selena | 586,549

Miley | 361,374

Halsey | 238,591

#20 has 764k views^^

So they're barely doing good tbh :michael: (and Halsey is getting major support, so it's only Malibu and Bad Liar) 

No song is going to maintain stability if not given radio support. The songs you mentioned were all doing well in their first few weeks but dropped with lack of constant support (like any song would). How can they maintain their stats without airplay? If airplay wasn't important in a song's performance no one would care. It IS important and that is exactly why these girls are underperforming. Their songs are not getting support from radio.

Castle on the Hill:

#124 on Spotify

#23 on iTunes

Yet #11 on radio with 101M AI. Like how are his stats more deserving of the grandiose amount of airplay he's getting?

Shawn Mendes Nothing Holding Me Back:

#36 on Spotify

#14 on iTunes

Yet #16 on radio and getting large increases in AI still

The list can obviously go on. Males that are getting much easier radio support when they aren't doing any better than females.

Edited by Kkamjong

8 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Spotify

#25 Halsey

#30 Selena

#40 Miley

Apple Music

#48 Halsey

#63 Selena

#73 Miley

Youtube

Selena | 586,549

Miley | 361,374

Halsey | 238,591

#20 has 764k views^^

EDIT: Oh there's also Gaga with The Cure. same situation, actually even worse 

And all of them could've been doing better if radio stations were more willing to play them because a big airplay is one of the biggest exposures for a song if it clicks with the audience.

I mean pop girls can't do as good on Spotify as all those hip and kewl R&B males and Rihanna and they won't be doing any better there since radio ain't playing them

cX4LvhU.gif

12 minutes ago, Kkamjong said:

No song is going to maintain stability if not given radio support. 

Castle on the Hill:

#124 on Spotify

#23 on iTunes

Yet #11 on radio with 101M AI. Like how are his stats more deserving of the grandiose amount of airplay he's getting?

Shawn Mendes Nothing Holding Me Back:

#36 on Spotify

#14 on iTunes

Yet #16 on radio and getting large increases in radio

The list can obviously go on. Males that are getting much easier radio support when they aren't doing any better than females.

COTH is following Shape of You, call me when any of those girls gets a hit as big :dies: Shawn is getting hit after hit so radio is supposed to support him. None of those girls can relate tbh.

And songs can clearly maintain stability. Look at BLABR, I'm The One, SJLTS etc.

Stay by Zedd and Alessia never left top30 on itunes for example. on Spotify it did even better. radio picked it up.

Imo the only one who is getting unfair treatment is Miley cause the song is doing the best on itunes and never fell badly. But radio has always had a problem with her + as I said it's not doing that good streaming wise

7 minutes ago, Instant said:

And all of them could've been doing better if radio stations were more willing to play them because a big airplay is one of the biggest exposures for a song if it clicks with the audience.

I mean pop girls can't do as good on Spotify as all those hip and kewl R&B males and Rihanna and they won't be doing any better there since radio ain't playing them

cX4LvhU.gif

And where are they doing good? AM? Youtube?

Nope it's just iTunes with a discount*, which as we should all know it's not a perfect platform to show what's really popular rn anyway. :cm:

So yeah there's clearly a preference for male artists nowadays but honestly, that's what the gp wants. We can't blame radio

Just now, Starkboy said:

COTH is following Shape of You, call me when any of those girls gets a hit as big :dies: Shawn is getting hit after hit so radio is supposed to support him. None of those girls can relate tbh.

And songs can clearly maintain stability. Look at BLABR, I'm The One, SJLTS etc.

Stay by Zedd and Alessia never left top30 on itunes for example. on Spotify it did even better. radio picked it up.

Imo the only one who is getting unfair treatment is Miley cause the song is doing the best on itunes and never fell badly. But radio has always had a problem with her + as I said it's not doing that good streaming wise

His previous hit somehow justifies the ridiculous of airplay he's getting for his current stats? In what world does that make sense. The song isn't doing well across the metrics, that does not justify the airplay. You keep giving bull**** reasons as to why its ok for radio to unfairly play male songs that people aren't streaming/buying. Their past hits don't dictate the public's view on their current singles and radio should NOT force play these songs just because of their past hits either. 

I have no idea what those abbreviations stand for.

3 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

And where are they doing good? AM? Youtube?

Nope it's just iTunes with a discount*, which as we should all know it's not a perfect platform to show what's really popular rn anyway. :cm:

So yeah there's clearly a preference for male artists nowadays but honestly, that's what the gp wants. We can't blame radio

Pfft, Apple Music? There is a reason why some users always post in the Streaming thread AM's positions without urban songs because usually all of the top 30 on AM is always filled with album tracks of either Drake or some other R&B nobody.

And the Youtube situation is no different from Spotify situation. A song is spammed on radio -> that song rises on Spotify and Youtube (if people like that song). I mean even the streaming poison Gaga would've managed to sneak in her song into top 25 on Hot 100 that way.

And I love how you justify radio pushing down people's throats the unwanted song by Ed Sheeran just because his previous hit was enormously popular and is still getting a shitload of airplay

54iBkfz.gif

6 minutes ago, Kkamjong said:

His previous hit somehow justifies the ridiculous of airplay he's getting for his current stats? In what world does that make sense. The song isn't doing well across the metrics, that does not justify the airplay. You keep giving bull**** reasons as to why its ok for radio to unfairly play male songs that people aren't streaming/buying. Their past hits don't dictate the public's view on their current singles and radio should NOT force play these songs just because of their past hits either. 

I have no idea what those abbreviations stand for.

This happens a lot with artists though. When you're coming off a smash, radio will immediately support your single, even if it isn't as statistically strong as the previous single. Of course they can't take it to #1 if the GP isn't as receptive. Since we're talking pop girls...

When We Were Young

Unconditionally

You Da One

Blah Blah Blah

and the list goes on. Statistically, these songs were much weaker in sales so they ended up "underperforming" in comparison to the massive singles before them. Much like Castle on the Hill, they peaked around the 8-15 range on Pop and around the same area on the Hot 100 due to the hype from the smash before.

What @Starkboy says is very true.

Edited by One Nation

3 minutes ago, One Nation said:

This happens a lot with artists though. When you're coming off a smash, radio will immediately support your single, even if it isn't as statistically strong as the previous single. Of course they can't take it to #1 if the GP isn't as receptive. Since we're talking pop girls...

When We Were Young

Unconditionally

You Da One

Blah Blah Blah

and the list goes on. Statistically, these songs were much weaker in sales so they ended up "underperforming" in comparison to the massive singles before them. Much like Castle on the Hill, they peaked around the 8-15 range on Pop and around the same area on the Hot 100 due to the hype from the smash before.

What @Starkboy says is very true.

All of those were dropped when they didn't smash. Radio is still pushing Castle on the Hill even though its below Top 100 on spotify and below Top 20 on iTunes. It realistically should have been dropped a long ass time ago. 

3 minutes ago, Kkamjong said:

All of those were dropped when they didn't smash. Radio is still pushing Castle on the Hill even though its below Top 100 on spotify and below Top 20 on iTunes. It realistically should have been dropped a long ass time ago. 

They just officially released COTH a couple months ago. SOY was so HUGE they didn't bother sending out an adds date for another single until like the middle of April. And even then, radio was still playing the **** out of SOY. So when they finally somewhat dropped SOY, they started playing this.

If you compare the chartrun and release schedules of the other songs I listed they are very similar. They also had very similar circumstances with the label sending out a new song when radio was still latching on to the smashes before. This prolongs the following single's chart run.

Edited by One Nation

31 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Didn't Selena Gomez have a string of pop hits with her last album + the collabs with Puth and Kygo? 

32 minutes ago, Instant said:

Pfft, Apple Music? There is a reason why some users always post in the Streaming thread AM's positions without urban songs because usually all of the top 30 on AM is always filled with album tracks of either Drake or some other R&B nobody.

And the Youtube situation is no different from Spotify situation. A song is spammed on radio -> that song rises on Spotify and Youtube (if people like that song). I mean even the streaming poison Gaga would've managed to sneak in her song into top 25 on Hot 100 that way.

And I love how you justify radio pushing down people's throats the unwanted song by Ed Sheeran just because his previous hit was enormously popular and is still getting a shitload of airplay

54iBkfz.gif

It's the other way round sis unless you're a nobody/new artist :cm:

And urban songs are doing good on AM because that's what people like nowadays. hard to accept I guess :sorry: (in fact they're slaying everywhere but on the no factor itunes) 

And radio playing COTH because of SOY is normal and happened to everyone. I wonder how many of these pop girls songs outsold COTH btw :celestial5: (which would be selling as much as Malibu, The Cure and Bad Liar if discounted and same streaming points if it was TTH and major playlists)

6 minutes ago, tittieslap said:

Didn't Selena Gomez have a string of pop hits with her last album + the collabs with Puth and Kygo? 

didn't KEWK flop? 

4 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

It's the other way round sis unless you're a nobody/new artist :cm:

And urban songs are doing good on AM because that's what people like nowadays. hard to accept I guess :sorry: 

And radio playing COTH because of SOY is normal and happened to everyone. I wonder how many of these pop girls songs outsold COTH btw :celestial5: (which would be selling as much as Malibu, The Cure and Bad Liar if discounted and same streaming points if it was TTH and major playlists)

didn't KEWK flop? 

So? That was her only under-performance. She still nailed two more hits afterwards.

1 minute ago, tittieslap said:

So? That was her only under-performance. She still nailed two more hits afterwards.

and people still don't like Bad Liar/like Shawn's song more :michael: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.