Jump to content

US Airplay Discussion


Kworb
 Share

Recommended Posts

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 7.031 (+ 0.150)

 

Didn't they replace BA with this? Nothing is sticking :doc: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FAN

    1377

  • Ger-55

    4425

  • Starkboy

    1386

  • Raphy23

    971

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

KYGO X SELENA GOMEZ - It Ain't Me: 140.083 (+ 0.296)

DJ KHALED - I'm The One f/Bieber/Quavo…: 107.039 (+ 2.450)

LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE - Despacito f/Justin Bieber: 89.626 (+ 3.598)

ED SHEERAN - Castle On The Hill: 79.820 (+ 0.951)

HARRY STYLES - Sign Of The Times: 55.508 (+ 1.262)

SHAWN MENDES - There's Nothing Holdin' Me...: 52.107 (+ 1.062)

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 28.566 (+ 0.407)

CHARLIE PUTH - Attention: 28.207 (+ 0.604)

MILEY CYRUS - Malibu: 26.615 (+ 1.298)

NIALL HORAN - Slow Hands: 25.538 (+ 0.755)

SELENA GOMEZ - Bad Liar: 24.044 (+ 1.127)

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 15.402 (+ 0.226)

LIAM PAYNE - Strip That Down f/Quavo: 10.656 (+ 0.592)

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 7.031 (+ 0.150)

IGGY AZALEA - Switch f/Anitta: 0.977 (- 0.068)

NICK JONAS - Remember I Told You: 0.077 (+ 0.030)

The bottom 5 songs :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

I infinitely prefer the current singles over Roar, Uncle or Firework.

Y'all using your opinions as facts...

 

The GP was always her fandom which she alienated with #I'mWithHer and aging, those 12 years old are gonna want to support someone closer to their age, sth @Chemical X. wrote...

 

Also that's only my opinion and I could be wrong :foxaylove3:

 

Also, why's no one posting the full update

 

and I don't mean this^

But you're also using your opinions to make conclusions? :rip:

 

It's pretty clear that Katy's single success depends on the catchiness of the song. Objectively, songs like I Kissed A Girl, Hot N Cold, California Gurls, Firework, Roar, and Dark Horse are infinitely times more instant and catchy than CTTR and BA. She's not even really old enough to blame ageism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 28.566 (+ 0.407)

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 15.402 (+ 0.226)

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 7.031 (+ 0.150)

IGGY AZALEA - Switch f/Anitta: 0.977 (- 0.068)

:dies:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

I infinitely prefer the current singles over Roar, Uncle or Firework.

Y'all using your opinions as facts...

 

The GP was always her fandom which she alienated with #I'mWithHer and aging, those 12 years old are gonna want to support someone closer to their age, sth @Chemical X. wrote...

 

Also that's only my opinion and I could be wrong :foxaylove3:

 

Also, why's no one posting the full update

 

and I don't mean this^

Opinions majority of the public agrees with. I'm generally a person who enjoys almost all types of music and artists as long as it's not dreadful. I have very broad tastes so I usually like majority of the hits that the public likes. 

 

So its not surprising to me that even with my broad tastes and being a stan, I don't enjoy this music nearly as much as likewise the public doesn't either. 

 

You liking the songs is YOUR opinion and doesn't change the fact that the PUBLIC is not connecting with the songs or liking them (except CTTR to a certain degree). 

 

Thats like you saying "Rebecca Black's Friday is not a bad song. I like it." Well congrats, 99% of the rest of the world hates it. :toofunny3: 

 

If she wants radio success she needs to stop releasing these awful singles. Like how did it take 4 years for this...?

Edited by Kkamjong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Katy should definitely change singles... yet again... upon the album release if there is any song that shows potential. It's really not looking good for her on radio though. This all happened so fast -- CTTR wasn't huge on radio but at least it went top 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In regards to Katy' music seeing a backlash, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that her songs have been using black featured artists, sounds, and aesthetics as accessories rather than artistic endeavors for a while now, and it's only now catching up to her due to massive backlash against artists who use cultural appropriation in general. I think the fact that she was a Hillary supporter that is now coming to grips that she lives in Trump's America has quite a bit to do with it as well. She tries to get a political message across ("Chained To The Rhythm") but it falls flat. She also released her Taylor diss track about a year later than she could have (for it to have maximum effect - around the time Kim Kardashian released that sound clip of the call between Taylor and Kanye might have been ideal for her). Then there's the fact that she sang "Rise" at Hillary's campaign event, despite being under an exclusivity contract. So there might also be a behind-the-scenes entertainment industry vendetta campaign against her as a result of that, like we've seen against other artists (Britney, Gaga, Madonna, etc.) - hence all of the negative propaganda articles that have been raised against her.

 

TLDR; Katy has burnt through her goodwill with the general public with the cultural appropriation/political association aspects of her career, and the entertainment industry seemingly has it out for her as a result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

surprised Stay went #1 but IAM didn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

butterflysupreme
19 hours ago, Kkamjong said:

CTTR is catchy but boring. Hence it was a decent hit.

 

BA has the worst verses I've heard in a pop song in years. They are legitimately awful with her awkward whispering vocals. The chorus being catchy can't save it. 

 

SS isn't bad but it's not impactful either. 

 

Just compare CTTR-BA-SS with her previous first 3 singles. There is obvious a huge decline in catchiness and quality. Even excluding BA

 

Californja Gurls + Firework and then Roar + Dark Horse are infinitely better than CTTR and SS. She needs to either go back to anthemic choruses or keep looking for a sound until she finds one because this era has not been the tea. No radio wants to play bad music that's not even being streamed

Thank you for being one of the only reasonable people on the site who can see the truth. Everything you said is spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

butterflysupreme
6 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

In regards to Katy' music seeing a backlash, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that her songs have been using black featured artists, sounds, and aesthetics as accessories rather than artistic endeavors for a while now, and it's only now catching up to her due to massive backlash against artists who use cultural appropriation in general. I think the fact that she was a Hillary supporter that is now coming to grips that she lives in Trump's America has quite a bit to do with it as well. She tries to get a political message across ("Chained To The Rhythm") but it falls flat. She also released her Taylor diss track about a year later than she could have (for it to have maximum effect - around the time Kim Kardashian released that sound clip of the call between Taylor and Kanye might have been ideal for her). Then there's the fact that she sang "Rise" at Hillary's campaign event, despite being under an exclusivity contract. So there might also be a behind-the-scenes entertainment industry vendetta campaign against her as a result of that, like we've seen against other artists (Britney, Gaga, Madonna, etc.) - hence all of the negative propaganda articles that have been raised against her.

 

TLDR; Katy has burnt through her goodwill with the general public with the cultural appropriation/political association aspects of her career, and the entertainment industry seemingly has it out for her as a result.

Nah. All of that is minor. The public really doesn't care about anyone's antics unless it's extreme. She's also flopping WW where no one cares about politics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

I infinitely prefer the current singles over Roar, Uncle or Firework.

Y'all using your opinions as facts...

 

The GP was always her fandom which she alienated with #I'mWithHer and aging, those 12 years old are gonna want to support someone closer to their age, sth @Chemical X. wrote...

 

Also that's only my opinion and I could be wrong :foxaylove3:

 

Also, why's no one posting the full update

 

and I don't mean this^

Very late reply but I think her music, which isn't as good imo, plays a huge factor. I think she would've done a lot better if she'd served TD-level quality. Or at least a more matured and relevant version of it. While I think a lot of that plays a factor in how she's being perceived, if the music was good no one would care about her goofy antics. Unfortunately we will never know how it would've played out if the music was better so I can't prove my opinion, but for your theory to be true her politics would have to be the only thing that changed between 2013 and now. Her entire image and music has changed along with becoming politically active so I'm inclined to disagree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Letters From Adi said:

surprised Stay went #1 but IAM didn't.

Talent won :cm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone posted the adds yet?

 

Spoiler
Adds Artist Title Label Stations
63 CAMILA CABELLO Crying In The Club Syco/Epic Stations
44 LIAM PAYNE Strip That Down f/Quavo Republic Stations
35 KATY PERRY Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj Capitol Stations
34 SELENA GOMEZ Bad Liar Interscope Stations
22 LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE Despacito f/Justin Bieber UMLE/RBMG/DefJam/Republic Stations
17 CHILDISH GAMBINO Redbone Glassnote Stations
17 CLEAN BANDIT Symphony f/Zara Larsson Big Beat/RRP Stations
15 LOGIC 1-800-273-8255 f/A.Cara/Khalid Def Jam Stations
14 IGGY AZALEA Switch f/Anitta Def Jam Stations
12 CHARLIE PUTH Attention Atlantic Stations
12 HAILEE STEINFELD Most Girls Republic Stations
11 MILEY CYRUS Malibu RCA Stations
8 KYGO First Time f/Ellie Goulding Interscope-RCA Stations
7 DRAKE Passionfruit YMCMB/Republic Stations
7 SAM HUNT Body Like A Back Road MCA Nashville/Capitol Stations
6 IMAGINE DRAGONS Believer KidinaKorner/Interscope Stations
6 NIALL HORAN Slow Hands Capitol Stations
5 CHEAT CODES No Promises f/Demi Lovato 300 Ent. Stations
5 ED SHEERAN Castle On The Hill Atlantic Stations
5 FRENCH MONTANA Unforgettable f/Swae Lee Eardrm/BB/Interscope-Epic Stations
5 KENDRICK LAMAR Humble. TDE/Aftermath/Interscope Stations
5 NOAH CYRUS Stay Together RECORDS Stations
5 RAG'N'BONE MAN Human Sony UK/Columbia Stations
4 AJR Weak AJR Prod./RED Stations
4 BRUNO MARS Versace On The Floor Atlantic Stations
4 FUTURE Mask Off A-1/Freebandz/Epic Stations
4 KHALID Location Right Hand Music Grp/RCA Stations
4 SHAWN MENDES There's Nothing Holdin' Me... Island/Republic Stations
3 BEBE REXHA F/LIL WAYNE The Way I Are (Dance With...) Warner Bros. Stations
3 CHRISTOPHER BROTHERS Let Me Out Christopher Entertainment Stations
3 HEY VIOLET Break My Heart Caroline Stations
3 MARTIN GARRIX & DUA LIPA Scared To Be Lonely RCA Stations
2 AYO & TEO Rolex Columbia Stations
2 CALVIN HARRIS Slide f/Frank Ocean/Migos Columbia Stations
2 FRANKIE Problems Problems RCA Stations
2 JON BELLION Overwhelming Capitol Stations
2 MAX Lights Down Low DCD2/Crush Music/RED Stations
2 OLIVIA HOLT History Hollywood Records Stations
1 DNCE Kissing Strangers f/N. Minaj Republic Stations
1 HARDWELL & AUSTIN MAHONE Creatures Of The Night Ultra Stations
1 INGRID MICHAELSON Celebrate f/AJR Cabin 24 Stations
1 JAMES ARTHUR Say You Won't Let Go Columbia Stations
1 JASON DERULO Swalla f/N Minaj/Ty Dolla $ign Beluga Heights/WBR Stations
1 LADY GAGA The Cure Streamline/Interscope Stations
1 LORD HURON Night We Met IAMSOUND/RED Stations
1 LOS 5 Satisfaction Los5Music Stations
1 POST MALONE Congratulations f/Quavo Republic Stations
1 SHAGGY Seasons f/OMI --- Stations
1 SIGRID Don't Kill My Vibe Island Stations
1 SKYLAR STECKER Only Want You Cherrytree/ADA Stations
1 TINASHE Flame RCA Stations
1 TRAIN Play That Song Columbia Stations

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is Justin about to have two songs above 200 million at the same time? :jonny3: 

 

not despacito being at 115 million AI already :jonny3: 

 

i wish i liked ITO but it's going to be at 150 million really soon too :dies: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Swish swish isn't doing bad.. I like the song but the problem isn't katy.. but the songs that aren't Amazing this time

Edited by Loud!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

butterflysupreme
1 hour ago, Loud! said:

Swish swish isn't doing bad.. I like the song but the problem isn't katy.. but the songs that aren't Amazing this time

It's got 7 million AI :rip:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KYGO X SELENA GOMEZ - It Ain't Me: 141.010 (+ 0.927)

DJ KHALED - I'm The One f/Bieber/Quavo…: 108.084 (+ 1.045)

LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE - Despacito f/Justin Bieber: 92.136 (+ 2.510)

ED SHEERAN - Castle On The Hill: 80.207 (+ 0.387)

HARRY STYLES - Sign Of The Times: 56.516 (+ 1.008)

SHAWN MENDES - There's Nothing Holdin' Me...: 53.086 (+ 0.979)

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 28.594 (+ 0.028)

CHARLIE PUTH - Attention: 28.432 (+ 0.225)

MILEY CYRUS - Malibu: 27.680 (+ 1.065)

NIALL HORAN - Slow Hands: 26.425 (+ 0.887)

SELENA GOMEZ - Bad Liar: 24.756 (+ 0.712)

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 15.937 (+ 0.535)

LIAM PAYNE - Strip That Down f/Quavo: 11.120 (+ 0.464)

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 6.921 (- 0.110)

IGGY AZALEA - Switch f/Anitta: 0.964 (- 0.013)

NICK JONAS - Remember I Told You: 0.115 (+ 0.038)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FanOfPop said:

KYGO X SELENA GOMEZ - It Ain't Me: 141.010 (+ 0.927)

DJ KHALED - I'm The One f/Bieber/Quavo…: 108.084 (+ 1.045)

LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE - Despacito f/Justin Bieber: 92.136 (+ 2.510)

ED SHEERAN - Castle On The Hill: 80.207 (+ 0.387)

HARRY STYLES - Sign Of The Times: 56.516 (+ 1.008)

SHAWN MENDES - There's Nothing Holdin' Me...: 53.086 (+ 0.979)

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 28.594 (+ 0.028)

CHARLIE PUTH - Attention: 28.432 (+ 0.225)

MILEY CYRUS - Malibu: 27.680 (+ 1.065)

NIALL HORAN - Slow Hands: 26.425 (+ 0.887)

SELENA GOMEZ - Bad Liar: 24.756 (+ 0.712)

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 15.937 (+ 0.535)

LIAM PAYNE - Strip That Down f/Quavo: 11.120 (+ 0.464)

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 6.921 (- 0.110)

IGGY AZALEA - Switch f/Anitta: 0.964 (- 0.013)

NICK JONAS - Remember I Told You: 0.115 (+ 0.038)

I feel like until It Ain't Me tanks, Selena will be receiving meh updates.

What is going on with Katy Perry? :dancehall3:

Rooting for the ones in green.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 28.594 (+ 0.028)

 

''hit'' :dies:

 

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 6.921 (- 0.110)

IGGY AZALEA - Switch f/Anitta: 0.964 (- 0.013)

 

:ahh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I feel like until It Ain't Me tanks, Selena will be receiving meh updates.

What is going on with Katy Perry? :dancehall3:

Rooting for the ones in green.

she does have +300 bad liar spins almost everyday thanks to Interscope pushing this on radio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, grace said:

she does have +300 bad liar spins almost everyday thanks to Interscope pushing this on radio

Okay. I can live with that. Hopefully when It Ain't Me falls she'll start getting the 2M+ updates she got with songs from her previous album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FanOfPop said:

KYGO X SELENA GOMEZ - It Ain't Me: 141.010 (+ 0.927)

DJ KHALED - I'm The One f/Bieber/Quavo…: 108.084 (+ 1.045)

LUIS FONSI & DADDY YANKEE - Despacito f/Justin Bieber: 92.136 (+ 2.510)

ED SHEERAN - Castle On The Hill: 80.207 (+ 0.387)

HARRY STYLES - Sign Of The Times: 56.516 (+ 1.008)

SHAWN MENDES - There's Nothing Holdin' Me...: 53.086 (+ 0.979)

LADY GAGA - The Cure: 28.594 (+ 0.028)

CHARLIE PUTH - Attention: 28.432 (+ 0.225)

MILEY CYRUS - Malibu: 27.680 (+ 1.065)

NIALL HORAN - Slow Hands: 26.425 (+ 0.887)

SELENA GOMEZ - Bad Liar: 24.756 (+ 0.712)

CAMILA CABELLO - Crying In The Club: 15.937 (+ 0.535)

LIAM PAYNE - Strip That Down f/Quavo: 11.120 (+ 0.464)

KATY PERRY - Swish Swish f/Nicki Minaj: 6.921 (- 0.110)

IGGY AZALEA - Switch f/Anitta: 0.964 (- 0.013)

NICK JONAS - Remember I Told You: 0.115 (+ 0.038)

What's the total update for No Promises? :duca: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

What's the total update for No Promises? :duca: 

Don't know. I only posted those because that was all I could find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...