iTunes Discussion

Kworb

1 minute ago, RobynYoBank said:

I'm not sure what the second sentence is referring to, but the colors are just a Kworb construct and don't really say anything useful in this case if songs aren't really changing.

In the Adele instance, many songs didn't change at all, and the percentages weren't as low in comparison.

It's also likely the popularity algorithm has changed with time: for many years we never saw songs decrease in the first 24 hours, but it has happened many times recently.

Girl... Those updates are clearly incorrect. I would need to go back and check but it certainly didnt look like that with Hellos 2nd update. That's obviously dark green. For everyone and everything.

There were updates with all 18 dark green and 18 dark reds in the bottom half. That is just not possible. All the very incorrect looking updates had weird color groupings like that. You never see that with a correct update

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DELE2125

• Starkboy

• QueenofCopyPaste

• fridayteenage

18 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Girl... Those updates are clearly incorrect. I would need to go back and check but it certainly didnt look like that with Hellos 2nd update. That's obviously dark green. For everyone and everything.

There were updates with all 18 dark green and 18 dark reds in the bottom half. That is just not possible. All the very incorrect looking updates had weird color groupings like that. You never see that with a correct update

The colors don't say anything useful though. They are not part of the data from iTunes, they are just something Kworb adds to make it easier to visualize the numbers relative to one another. In this case, none of the numbers are actually changing much so they don't mean much of anything. Songs that gained 0.0001 are marked as dark red and songs that lost 0.0001 are marked dark green.

The numbers are abnormally static though. Maybe Kworb has a better idea.

Edited by RobynYoBank

49 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

The colors don't say anything useful though. They are not part of the data from iTunes, they are just something Kworb adds to make it easier to visualize the numbers relative to one another. In this case, none of the numbers are actually changing much so they don't mean much of anything. Songs that gained 0.0001 are marked as dark red and songs that lost 0.0001 are marked dark green.

The numbers are abnormally static though. Maybe Kworb has a better idea.

The colours do say something useful tho. You are right Kworb adds them in as a visualisation, and it just sorts the songs into 5 brackets. But @simmnfierzig is right that it's statistically almost certainly impossible for them to be grouped like that in terms of the relative increases/decreases.

And like, the 19.1 (middle) update here is obviously false.

15.8       19.1       21.6

1.0000   1.0000   1.0000

0.0897   0.1423   0.1422

If it gained that much in the 6 hours between the 15.8 and 21.6 update, then there is no way that roughly at the middle point, it only changes by 0.0001

Edited by Fruity

39 minutes ago, Fruity said:

The colours do say something useful tho. You are right Kworb adds them in as a visualisation, and it just sorts the songs into 5 brackets. But @simmnfierzig is right that it's statistically almost certainly impossible for them to be grouped like that in terms of the relative increases/decreases.

And like, the 19.1 (middle) update here is obviously false.

15.8       19.1       21.6

1.0000   1.0000   1.0000

0.0897   0.1423   0.1422

If it gained that much in the 6 hours between the 15.8 and 21.6 update, then there is no way that roughly at the middle point, it only changes by 0.0001

I didn't explain the colors issue clearly, but the example you posted is good. Wonder why this behavior has never shown up before.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

:cupid::gaycat2:

OT: Taylor declining slow

songs with biggest Digital Songs leads over the #2 song of the week:

Hello 385%, See You Again 220, We Are Never Ever 213, Hips Don’t Lie 175, What Do You Mean 167,  Born this Way 164, I Don’t Wanna Live Forever 161, Drag Me Down 161, Closer 154, Blank Space 150

Adele, wiz/charlie, taylor, shakira/wyclef, bieber, gaga, zayn/taylor, 1d minus zayn, chainsmokers/halsey, tay

3 Taylor songs, 1 for others.

One of my fans was recommending that I should add the limit of blond hair for lists, I think because of their Aryan fetish or something? but i thought it made no sense, so.  

Edited by fridayteenage

SilencePlease

Taylor's brand is stronger than ever. :jonny4:

Thrilled to see if the song itself clicks with the GP after the hype dies down. I love it but it's kind of risky tbh.

Edited by SilencePlease

16 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

Taylor's brand is stronger than ever. :jonny4:

Thrilled to see if the song itself clicks with the GP after the hype dies down. I love it but it's kind of risky tbh.

it's not going to click. She better release a GP-friendly second single.

Ok but when can we expect her to stop bleeding? :jonny: 

I want 500k+.

6 minutes ago, Lemon Drops said:

Ok but when can we expect her to stop bleeding? :jonny: 

I want 500k+.

Maybe until the video is released :fan:

The bleeding is just normal, and the song is falling quite slower than expected from the reception of many :heart2:

I mean, maintaining 85% lead after 2 days is more than awesome :celestial4:

9 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Hello 385%, See You Again 220, We Are Never Ever 213, Hips Don’t Lie 175, What Do You Mean 167,  Born this Way 164, I Don’t Wanna Live Forever 161, Drag Me Down 161, Closer 154, Blank Space 150

Adele, wiz/charlie, taylor, shakira/wyclef, bieber, gaga, zayn/taylor, 1d minus zayn, chainsmokers/halsey, tay

One of my fans was recommending that I should add the limit of blond hair for lists, I think because of their Aryan fetish or something? but i thought it made no sense, so.  

Goddess Adele punching like that! :alexz:

"Feel It Still" #6 (New Peak) :party:

"Despacito" now at 23.5% of Taylor. Mmmm.

9 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Goddess Adele punching like that! :alexz:

"Feel It Still" #6 (New Peak) :party:

"Despacito" now at 23.5% of Taylor. Mmmm.

It shows a better hold on itunes than on Spotify tbh

41 minutes ago, blackbeatxx said:

It shows a better hold on itunes than on Spotify tbh

No it doesn't? 

Decreased 39% on US Spotify 1st to 2nd day and decreased like 65% 1st to 2nd day on US iTunes

26 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

No it doesn't? 

Decreased 39% on US Spotify 1st to 2nd day and decreased like 65% 1st to 2nd day on US iTunes

That's right but compared to what i would've thought i mean. Itunes are normally much more frontloaded bc fans mostly are the ones buying

Looks like Despacito is getting that record afterall. Here for it. King Justin and queen Taylor both winning. Mariah stans SHOOK! 

Edited by muddysquirrel

What a ROLLERCOASTER ride for LWYMMD. I'm not here to see it underperform T.T

5 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

What a ROLLERCOASTER ride for LWYMMD. I'm not here to see it underperform T.T

Even if it goes away fast its still going #1 so its a hit. Just not a smash.:cm:

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Can y'all not propagate this bs? Aryans never had blond hair or blue eyes.

Aryan isn't a race or ethnicity. It's a title used by Indo-Iranians.

3 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

Can y'all not propagate this bs? Aryans never had blond hair or blue eyes.

Aryan isn't a race or ethnicity. It's a title used by Indo-Iranians.

Yeah, it started with some mysticists in 19th century Germany getting it all wrong and twisted.

Iran literally means "the land of the Aryans"

37 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

Looks like Despacito is getting that record afterall. Here for it. King Justin and queen Taylor both winning. Mariah stans SHOOK! 

Huh?

Still not exactly likely that Despacito could return to #1

20 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Huh?

Still not exactly likely that Despacito could return to #1

I think it has a chance. We will see.

Guess no update is better than another fake update :kitty:

Finally an update but i wonder if it's correct. Looks like it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.