iTunes Discussion

Kworb

Malibu is great

I have the feeling that radio won't be here for it tho...I hope i'm wrong and this smashes hard

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DELE2125

• Starkboy

• QueenofCopyPaste

• fridayteenage

16 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Justin Bieber is in no way an "urban act." :deadbanana2: Just take a look at urban radio and tell me that his music fits with those songs being played.

i've heard wait for a minute and confident played on urban radio before

34 minutes ago, alexis said:

i've heard wait for a minute and confident played on urban radio before

That doesn't make him an urban act lol.

Kendrick is not a pop act just because you heard BB and the Maroon 5 song on your local pop station. :skull:

2 hours ago, Rentboy said:

Not sure how Bieber has legitimacy in urban music I didnt know he grew up in the hood. But whatever.

What? :ahh: 

Justin Bieber is in no way an "urban act." :deadbanana2: Just take a look at urban radio and tell me that his music fits with those songs being played.

Legitimacy in urban music means having to have grown up in the hood? What kind of assumption?

butterflysupreme

Ugh. The Miley song is horrible, unisinspired, bland, middle of the road trash. Atrl stays praising it while calling Ed Sheeran boring, I can't....

ATRL, its bad taste, what's new? :ahh:

2 hours ago, Cz! said:

That doesn't make him an urban act lol.

Kendrick is not a pop act just because you heard BB and the Maroon 5 song on your local pop station. :skull:

Dark Horse was also top 50 on urban radio at one point in time. :rip:

Since when Justin is urban? Because Despacito is so urban, also Sorry and Baby. :rip:

1 hour ago, butterflysupreme said:

Ugh. The Miley song is horrible, unisinspired, bland, middle of the road trash. Atrl stays praising it while calling Ed Sheeran boring, I can't....

this

...both boring

He's not an urban act but his music does have R&B influences. Purpose itself is littered with R&B/pop songs, as is his debut and Believe. Journals speaks for itself. Even the Christmas album was pretty urban-esque.

I honestly don't care if any female song is good or not. If it can crack the top 10, I'm all here for it. Quality is out of the question when the majority of the top 10 is garbage. It's the least of our concerns considering what's charting right now. 

3 minutes ago, Phuccery, Inc. said:

I honestly don't care if any female song is good or not. If it can crack the top 10, I'm all here for it. Quality is out of the question when the majority of the top 10 is garbage. It's the least of our concerns considering what's charting right now. 

just because it's a female doesn't mean you should support it? if it's good, it's good, regardless of gender.

Edited by alexis

3 minutes ago, alexis said:

just because it's a female doesn't mean you should support it? if it's good, it's good, regardless of gender.

yes tf it does. If guys can easily chart in the Billboard top 10 without a hint of quality, women shouldn't have to go through a more rigorous evaluation concerning the quality of their songs. Quality is irrelevant when the H100 has no indication of it. 

8 minutes ago, Phuccery, Inc. said:

yes tf it does. If guys can easily chart in the Billboard top 10 without a hint of quality, women shouldn't have to go through a more rigorous evaluation concerning the quality of their songs. Quality is irrelevant when the H100 has no indication of it. 

quality is subjective though? was there a lack of quality when only pop girls were getting top 10's 4 years ago?

Mess at Bieber being urban now, Bruno has a top 10 solo hit on Urban radio and he is not considered urban & he shouldn't be. 

Just now, alexis said:

quality is subjective though? was there a lack of quality when only pop girls were getting top 10's 4 years ago?

wtf :deadbanana3: no it's not, taste is but quality can always be measured objectively. And there was never a time where only females were getting top 10s. Mainstream music is a popularity game. It's no caliber contest. And the lack of quality will always be present. Which is why I have no problems with successful female songs even if they are bad. I might not like them, but I'm rooting for them. Seems you're not able to grasp this idea, so let me just move on from you. 

1 hour ago, IVY said:

Mess at Bieber being urban now, Bruno has a top 10 solo hit on Urban radio and he is not considered urban & he shouldn't be. 

It isn't "now," and Bruno is under the R&B umbrella, clearly. His whole career is based around soul/R&B/funk. Y'all do anything for someone not to be influenced by black artists.

1 hour ago, Phuccery, Inc. said:

wtf :deadbanana3: no it's not, taste is but quality can always be measured objectively. And there was never a time where only females were getting top 10s. Mainstream music is a popularity game. It's no caliber contest. And the lack of quality will always be present. Which is why I have no problems with successful female songs even if they are bad. I might not like them, but I'm rooting for them. Seems you're not able to grasp this idea, so let me just move on from you. 

The quality of music is 100% subjective

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Malibu feels like adore you

Love Malibu but Adore You is a masterpiece. I understand your point tho, they share the same producer

6 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

You are literally a Mariah Carey stan. She can't make an interesting song to save her life.

-

Yikes @ the dark red update. Don't fail us, Miley! :heart2:

6 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Malibu feels like adore you

Similar but AY is leagues ahead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.