Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

ThehushSound

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ThehushSound

  1. I preordered the buttered popcorn edition of the vinyl.
  2. I'm so excited for this album! Love both tracks so far! This is giving a much more laid back kind of vibe compared to Inflorescent. In sound it feels more like something in between Pala and Self-titled. Perhaps a little closer to Pala in sound. I think this might top Inflorescent for me if the first two singles are anything to go by. (Still love Inflorescent though)
  3. I think you have a complex relationship with the concept of age. I hope you are able to work through it quickly we only have so much time on this planet don't waste too much of it worrying about what is and isn't age appropriate. Being older doesn't always make you predatory when interacting with people younger than you. Healthy adults that understand individuality and boundaries can maintain relationships (im referring to business/platonic relationships) with younger people with out exploiting or manipulating them. Kim can absolutely immerse herself in a sound/scene that is younger than her and not be predatory. Until people in the scene come out and claim she is taking advantage of them and their sound. Until someone from the scene does come out with a complaint I think we don't get to belittle her for her participation in the scene and we certainly don't get to say she is having an "age crisis". You yourself said she has acknowledged that she listens to these artist and that they influenced her direction. That doesn't seem like exploitive behavior.
  4. Would you have same issue with young artist like Olivia Rodrigo, who has an established persona and style suddenly releasing this music and claiming it as authentic? If so again it has nothing to do with age but the lifting of another style/sound to see continued success. On the other hand if a new to the scene artist (no previously established persona) happens to be 34 would that bother you?
  5. It seems like you need to spend more time mulling over your arguments and what points you are actually trying to make before you post. It seems like the issue you have with Kim Petras and Detour isn't her age but the fact that she is an established artist who found an indie sound/culture that is growing in popularity and exploited it and she is being rewarded for said exploitation. If that is what you are arguing there is a discussion to be had there but you aren't going to get it by framing this as an age issue.
  6. Funeral is cute not as instant as Stop The Wedding was for me. The Alternative cover is gorgeous very simple old hollywood glam but candid kind of shot.
  7. Fleur De Mur has caught my attention recently. She has strong/powerful vocals over nice dance/house beats.
  8. This is cute. Zara Larson should collab with Cascada. Like europop collapse waiting to happen.
  9. They did an interview with DORK magazine. I'm not sure when we will see the album but it seems like they plan on consistently releasing music as we head into 2027. https://readdork.com/features/friendly-fires-interview-aug26
  10. The First single off their yet to be announced upcoming album.
  11. Miss Weapon, Greyson Has a thread for his upcoming Album ATRL was notified of this upcoming gay album. (I look forward to it). We're trying to figure out why Hercules & Love Affair listeners were Gatekeeping Danseur and for that matter their previous 2025 Ep with Hips & Lips. They've posted about their other releases, so why did they stop now?
  12. Hercules & Love Affair just released the first half of their collaboration EP with Hips & Lips. Danseur Part One. It is Immaculate. All the tracks are telling of LBBTQIA+ stories. Why did we fail to post about this EP Sooner? Were you all too wrapped up in Confessions Part 2? Danseur Part two comes out in early September. https://youtu.be/0rwOYpO8hqY?is=R_zoJvduKnsSbL5C
  13. I want to continue this discussion because as I've gotten older my thoughts on human relationships and monogamy have shifted but this is really getting OT. Back to the topic. Song is good Lights gave it as much life as it could have I don't think anyone could do it much more outside or maybe Ellie Goulding? OT again but I once played a Lights song and a friend told me she sounded like a "English Ellie Goulding".
  14. Her new music is why I was asking if they were still together. I haven't dissected the lyrics in depth but they made it seem like the relationship may have changed.
  15. Not Lights smashing a guy from Smosh. But I'm glad to hear her and her husband are still together.
  16. One of the first Lights songs I came across back in 2012/13. I love the song but don't really think it fits either of the proposed artists. Its to cutesy and not in a camp way so I don't see Kylie selling it well. As for Robyn this song is to bright/happy it would need a more grounded/bittersweetness to it. Also OT but is Lights still married to her husband?
  17. I can't stand Gwyneth but DAMN the disrespect the OP has for her.
  18. I grew up in Idaho, country very much was a part of my music diet as a child.
  19. The only true part of her personality she ever showed was her desire to be a good catholic girl and become a subservient housewife and have kids. Everything else she adopted due to who she was dating/married to and the crowed she ran with. Someone once compiled a bunch of quotes from throughout her career that proved that it was all a bluff and often discredited/demeaned the cultures and people that inspired the music and imagery (there were some good quotes that proved this during the Rock Steady Era). She also often talked of the desire to be the good catholic girl and get married which was easy to brush off because everything else about her was so cool and hip but now its evident that it was the one true piece of her personality that she felt comfortable sharing/hinting at. Blake isn't to blame she was always this person she just masked it because she is an insecure person. He was just the first partner of hers where she felt comfortable to take the mask off and be the tradwife she always desired to be. He didn't change her he just made her comfortable enough to be who she really was/wanted to be.
  20. This is a good track but the weakest of the three for me. I think that the Day tracks have more of a spark like she is more determined and excited to create her art. With this track it feels like she knows she can craft a good synthpop track so she can coast and doesn't have to push herself. Still very excited for both albums.
  21. Jessie looks great in the video.I love that Sam makes an appearance and she makes out with him.
  22. Oh I'm excited for this! Big Ideas is such a great album.
  23. This is so Lush. this is what i would call Carly's take on sophisti-pop.
  24. think she captures the sense of how ambiguous and precarious life can be. It's not a sad song but not overtly hopeful it just feels like it's about excepting life as it comes and making the most of the journey that is life. And I just relate to that a lot right now.
  25. Debbii has an uncanny ability to craft a very addictive kitschy earworm. I cant get Money out of my head. This whole ep is so addictive. I hope she sees the success she deserves and continues to be able to release.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.