Sam Smith Tops US iTunes

eddytws

1 minute ago, berberocka said:

Well thats your expectations, cause mine are obviously lower lol

And mine were lower for Taylors.  Based on her rollout and being over at the time.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• SilverSky

• Lil Brush

• Bloodflowers.

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, SilverSky said:

And mine were lower for Taylors.  Based on her rollout and being over at the time.

ok? Good then :)

1 hour ago, Rider said:

I bet this is something new to him

1 hour ago, Music=Epicness said:

There's a first time for everything, including topping

I knew this was going to be posted the moment I saw the thread tittle. :rip:

2 hours ago, Rider said:

omg hunty slayyyyyy omg a kii a cackle I'm screamingggggg jesus

5 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

What if these successful gays' songs were total snoozefests

THCKUwN.gif

spread kindness and keep negative opinions to yourself. As LGBT Icon Lady Gaga sings: "hey gay, hey gay, we could make it easy if we lift each other."

THCKUwN.gif

5 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

What if these successful gays' songs were total snoozefests

THCKUwN.gif

spread kindness and keep negative opinions to yourself. As LGBT Icon Lady Gaga sings: "hey gay, hey gay, we could make it easy if we lift each other."

THCKUwN.gif

8 hours ago, Rider said:

8 hours ago, Music=Epicness said:

There's a first time for everything, including topping

he is dominant master top now

Zdjęcie użytkownika SAM SMITH.

The "topping" jokes are getting old. Every time Shawn, Charlie or Sam gets a #1 its the same old jokes.

12 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Does he have a chance to debut #1 or will Taylor block him?

Idk,very likely no, top 5 on lock tho..

happy for him! :)

don't get the hate he's getting here....

WHY DO YOU HATE GOOD MUSIC???

11 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

gays should stop bringing down other successful gays, instead y'all build each other up!

oovc7ai.gif

This. Probably because it isn't their usual pop stuff.

Slay, Sam! 

Wow, I'm very shook, congrats, a truly talented guy, he's definetely here to stay. :clap3:

18 hours ago, SilverSky said:

Well I expect him to do Ed Sheeran numbers as he was bigger then Ed with their last efforts, in the US. So I expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-250k like Ed did.  Or hey even 353k isn't out of the question.

Oh and I'm Not pressed (person above) just calling out how all of a sudden Taylors numbers are so big that Sam can't get a #1 on iTunes for a while in her third week.  Lol   what a shock, sam did that.

You cant just  base it of the artist, the song always matters. Do you think this song can do SOY numbers? I dont see it.

3 hours ago, Otter said:

You cant just  base it of the artist, the song always matters. Do you think this song can do SOY numbers? I dont see it.

The song is great.  Sounds just like all the rest of his stuff.  Again why would he NOT be successful on iTunes of all places in his first week with his first single from his NEW album?  If people voted him to win an Oscar in music, clearly people like him.  The song is excellent.

BTW, the song is way better then soy and Ed only has two Grammy awards and no Oscars.  So yeah he should be able to do SOY numbers but he won't.  I think single sales have gotten worse since the beginning of the year.

Edited by SilverSky

3 hours ago, SilverSky said:

The song is great.  Sounds just like all the rest of his stuff.  Again why would he NOT be successful on iTunes of all places in his first week with his first single from his NEW album?  If people voted him to win an Oscar in music, clearly people like him.  The song is excellent.

BTW, the song is way better then soy and Ed only has two Grammy awards and no Oscars.  So yeah he should be able to do SOY numbers but he won't.  I think single sales have gotten worse since the beginning of the year.

All I'm saying is that even for Popular artists, different songs have different selling potential and SOY is a way more radio/club friendly as well as being more in trend. This single from Sam is very much in the vein of his old stuff but I think its a bit middle of the road for a lead single. But we'll see...

The devil is defeated and Talent won :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.