Relief is coming! Work is being done to address the recent server issues. ×

Alessia Cara - "Dead Man"

swiftsummer13

Posted (edited)

her albums are always excellent, it's a shame her last one didn't even manage to chart. she at the very least deserves the success of artists like gracie abrams or phoebe bridgers, where her singles might not be huge hits, but her albums sell well. she has never not put out a great body of work.

Edited by swiftsummer13
  • Like 4

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swiftsummer13

• aaron511

• Alfio89

• goldstargay

I'm so excited she's one of the most talented artists out there !

but i'm kinda annoyed we don't have a date..

• Like 1

I love seeing all the stanning! She has been underrated forever and I half expected people here to write her off as some fad. She's such a talent. 

• Like 2

Let's go!!!!!! In The Meantime is legitimately one of the most underrated albums ever and I am sssoooo very excited for this new era!!

• Like 3

we have a date!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, swiftsummer13 said:

we have a date!

:WAP:

So happy to see some excitement here for Alessia. She's so underrated and deserves so much more recognition. In the Meantime was an excellent album. Can't wait to hear what's next. 

• Like 2

her voice is still all over Canadian radio lol :laugh: Brampton legend :clap3: 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

her voice is still all over Canadian radio lol :laugh: Brampton legend :clap3: 

Her last single, "Sweet Dream", made it up to #51 in Canada so fingers crossed at the very least Canada gives her her flowers this era 

Fire

• Like 2

i love her voice it's so cute

• Like 1

this is a good direction for her. didn't expect her to sound so young tho

Posted (edited)

Glad she's teasing on TikTok! Four more days. 

Edited by swiftsummer13

I want her to collab with RAYE

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

I want her to collab with RAYE

I'd collapse :WAP:

Her last album was amazing so I'm perched :duca: the snippet reminds me of Shapeshifter 

• Like 1

Love how this is sounding so far, and I'm happy that the artistic direction for this album seems more grounded and mature. Feel like certain artistic choices she's made in the past (the oversized suit, for example) have distracted from the quality of the music she releases. Less is more with Alessia. 

OH THIS SERVE...

• Like 2

• Like 1

Looks like Def Jam is still putting some budget behind her projects. A little surprised honestly, but definitely not complaining! Video looks like it'll be good! 

Def Jam doesn't really have much going for them. Bieber's catalogue was sold so they're not raking in money from that, Rihanna hasn't released music since Obama was president. Alessia has a solid fanbase and is a known name among the general public. As long as they invest (and maybe get some autoplay), this could be big.

31 minutes ago, swiftsummer13 said:

Def Jam doesn't really have much going for them. Bieber's catalogue was sold so they're not raking in money from that, Rihanna hasn't released music since Obama was president. Alessia has a solid fanbase and is a known name among the general public. As long as they invest (and maybe get some autoplay), this could be big.

Bieber sold his portion of publishing. It doesn't impact Def Jam in any way.

But yeah, Rih left Def Jam back in 2014 and Kanye is now independent or something too. I guess... 2 Chainz? is their biggest artist right now so why not invest a little in Alessia :dies:

• Like 2

17.5 hours until this is out in New Zealand!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.