Relief is coming! Work is being done to address the recent server issues. ×

Is katy perry a hypocrite ?

ugo

In 2017 she said she was tired of being sexualised "Somebody asked me the other day, 'what changed when you cut your hair?' And you know what? I started dressing for me. And not for anyone else. And this is hard for me to share, but I feel like maybe I over-sexualised myself a little bit, especially in the first part of my career. Because ... it was one of the only ways I got attention, and because of stuff that had happened in my past."

But then this year:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

It just means she still continues to do what she wants, if she said the same thing like a few weeks ago she could've been an hypocrite

But the interview you're talking about is literally from 7 years ago and she can change :rip:

• Like 10

No, the first refers to industry demands that pop girls must look a certain way or have a certain image for GP's attention. The second is dressing for herself at an event.

• Like 1

yes, remember how she made fun of Britney? tacky.

• Thumbs Down 1

I don't think it's hypocritical to at one point feel something and then later feel another way, so long as you're not passing judgement on others. For Katy to say, after her peak years in the industry, that she was tired of over-sexualizing herself doesn't mean that from there on out she could never act or be sexual.

• Like 4

yes thank god she's over

Greyson Chance opens up about Ellen DeGeneres, Gaga and new ...

she made that statement May 12th, 2017

May 13th, 2017: releases Bon Appetit video of her being literally stuffed

rs_600x600-170512125105-600.Katy-Perry-Bon-Appetit-Kf.51217.png?fit=around%7C1080:1080&output-quality=90&crop=1080:1080;center,top

katy-bon-appetit-thatgrapejuice-behind-the-scenes-bts.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Pikachoo said:

rs_600x600-170512125105-600.Katy-Perry-Bon-Appetit-Kf.51217.png?fit=around%7C1080:1080&output-quality=90&crop=1080:1080;center,top

This whole video was literally about her being sexualized and used by the people/media and regaining control over them, cutting her hair in the process. :rip:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, PopKills said:

This whole video was literally about her being sexualized and used by the people/media and regaining control over them, cutting her hair in the process. :rip:

right... like it was the point :rip: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperCiC1 said:

yes, remember how she made fun of Britney? tacky.

she made fun of Britney for shaving her head to be specific. but then proceeded to chop all of her hair off just a few months later effectively ending her career right then and there :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, PopKills said:

then why did she say this? (describing the song)

https://hollywoodlife.com/2017/05/13/katy-perry-over-sexualized-herself-early-career-watch/

Screenshot-2024-04-02-at-10-42-03-2017-G

I'm not against Katy. I actually really like her, and think she is a genuine good person. but let's call a spade a spade

• Confused 1

Maybe she's being more confident about the way she sees herself? 

• Like 2

And you know what? I started dressing for me. And not for anyone else.

and now this is how she feels like dressing 

now you can close this thread

• Like 2

Lord forbids she changed her mind after 7 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ugo said:

spacer.png

Republican, please….

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

It just means she still continues to do what she wants, if she said the same thing like a few weeks ago she could've been an hypocrite

But the interview you're talking about is literally from 7 years ago and she can change :rip:

Exactly :clap3: People are free to present and express themselves in the way they are feeling at the moment. Let her live.

• Like 2

i can't stand katy but this post is gross, she can wear whatever she wants to & trying to use that quote as some kind of 'gotcha!' doesn't even make sense bcs its not like she was aiming it at anyone else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pikachoo said:

in the time you went looking for these images the meaning of the song nor video really didn't occur to you?? lol

• Haha 1

and yea this thread is sexist and backwards

w_IIbVzH_400x400.thumb.jpg.f290038c72f43

• Like 1

No

• Like 1

What pop Girl doesn't use sex to sell For Christ sake

30 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

and yea this thread is sexist and backwards

w_IIbVzH_400x400.thumb.jpg.f290038c72f43

I'm not sexist but katy always came for other women and always acted like she was above everyone

• Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, ugo said:

I'm not sexist but katy always came for other women and always acted like she was above everyone

Not once did she mention any other woman but herself in any kind of way in that quote… you're reaching I fear 

Edited by PopKills
  • Like 1

Some of y'all need a job 

2 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

She's changed because her label told her to try to get her sexuality back this time (see: KP six should be called KP s£x) Thats why. It's not for genuine reasons. Nor was the initial haircut that channeled bangerz Miley. Unfortunately she is trying whatever she can. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.