Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

ATRL Slvt shaming Britney again: Why?

Featured Replies

I see certain fan bases here immediately jumping to slvt shame Britney (Yes, they used the word slvt on that thread) 

 

And resourcing to BLAME the 17 yo girl instead of the 26 yo dude who preyed on her. 

 

 

 

Let set the record straight:

 

- What Ben Affleck did was beyond inappropriate and now we know why he was worried about the book. 

 

- That night was June of 1999 and Britney and Justin started dating in late 1999. Waaay after the VMAs of that year. 

 

 

Edited by shyboi

  • Replies 28
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Johnny Cash
    Johnny Cash

    Calling out people for cheating is NOT **** shaming. Glad I could clear this up for you. 

  • That night was June of 1999 and Britney and Justin started dating in late 1999. Waaay after the VMAs of that year.    She did not cheat.   and that's not even the point here but wh

  • dirrtydiana
    dirrtydiana

    Because they were holding it in during the free Britney movement like this:     and have been letting it out since + SYG thread got closed so all the trash from there started cont

If you’re gonna create a whole separate thread, you may wanna add enough context to the OP so we know what you’re referring to.

Atrl loves to pick on her. Whats new.

 

She remains the mpg of all mpg of all time.

Just now, Rotunda said:

If you’re gonna create a whole separate thread, you may wanna add enough context to the OP so we know what you’re referring to.

If you read the op youd get enough context. I definitely did

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

If you’re gonna create a whole separate thread, you may wanna add enough context to the OP so we know what you’re referring to.

 

"If you are gonna create a whole separate thread" 

 

so you already know exactly what thread i'm talking about? 

 

Edit. for context

 

 

Edited by shyboi

Just now, X~MoviePoP said:

If you read the op youd get enough context. I definitely did

Obviously I read the OP. I’m vaguely aware of what this is referring to, but if OP is looking for actual engagement that warrants another thread instead of just trying to get something off their chest, they’d benefit from adding more context to the discussion - especially when the title implies a broader discussion about the misogyny faced by Britney on ATRL (which very well may be worth a more substantive discussion.) 

Gay men think they’re immune to misogyny for some reason so you’ll catch a lot of people on here talking worse about women (their looks, their sex life etc.) than a lot of straight guys. 

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

 

"If you are gonna create a whole separate thread" 

 

so you already know exactly what thread i'm talking about? 

 

I’m speaking for the benefit of you and other posters who may not know the specifics of what you’re discussion but may want to engage in a deep discussion of this incident/the general mistreatment of Britney.

I'll always love and cherish Britney but nothing she's doing on social media is doing her any benefit. 

  

1 minute ago, visions said:

Gay men think they’re immune to misogyny for some reason so you’ll catch a lot of people on here talking worse about women (their looks, their sex life etc.) than a lot of straight guys. 

We're not even talking about men on here period because we know they're lessor artists and work half as much for twice as much reward in most cases. No one would even enter this thread if they didn't love, or secretly love, Britney now or at some point.

You’re just @ing what’s happening in my thread not anything I said right lol

  • Author
Just now, Tropical said:

I'll always love and cherish Britney but nothing she's doing on social media is doing her any benefit. 

 

But why is this relevant? Instead of focusing on what she went through? Being preyed by older men 

 

that should've been the title of that other thread, not Britney taunting JLo, be serious.

Just now, shyboi said:

 

But why is this relevant? Instead of focusing on what she went through? Being preyed by older men 

 

that should've been the title of that other thread, not Britney taunting JLo, be serious.

What is misogyny if not infantilizing capable young women? I know I was quite capable of dating and choosing to kiss people at 17, who's to say Britney is any different? Of course I wouldn't recommend this age pairing, but she was 17, not 12. Of legal age in my country anyhow.

2 minutes ago, shyboi said:

 

But why is this relevant? Instead of focusing on what she went through? Being preyed by older men 

 

that should've been the title of that other thread, not Britney taunting JLo, be serious.

I’m happy to change the title, I made it the minute the post went up just as a joke and haven’t been very active. Didn’t realize her age there until later. 

Title updated, lmk if I got the ages right! Be back in a bit 

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Tropical said:

What is misogyny if not infantilizing capable young women? I know I was quite capable of dating and choosing to kiss people at 17, who's to say Britney is any different? Of course I wouldn't recommend this age pairing, but she was 17, not 12. Of legal age in my country anyhow.

 

So now we are just infantilizing Britney and all those nasty comments and insults on the other thread are not misogyny. 

 

If that's the hill you want to die on, I don't know what else I can add. 

Calling out people for cheating is NOT **** shaming. Glad I could clear this up for you. 

  • Author
1 minute ago, Johnny Cash said:

Calling out people for cheating is NOT **** shaming. Glad I could clear this up for you. 

That night was June of 1999 and Britney and Justin started dating in late 1999. Waaay after the VMAs of that year. 

 

She did not cheat.

 

and that's not even the point here but whatever excuse helps to keep dragging her I guess. 

Because they were holding it in during the free Britney movement like this:

w2woj.jpg?a473928

 

 

and have been letting it out since + SYG thread got closed so all the trash from there started contaminating the rest of the forum 

10 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Because they were holding it in during the free Britney movement like this:

w2woj.jpg?a473928

 

 

and have been letting it out since + SYG thread got closed so all the trash from there started contaminating the rest of the forum 

SYG?

  • Author
3 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

SYG?

Doll, don't feel bad this wasn't about you. You didn't write anything mean.

 

The title was a choice of course but it was really the comments that were disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Doll, don't feel bad this wasn't about you. You didn't write anything mean.

 

The title was a choice of course but it was really the comments that were disappointing. 

Oh I just didn’t know what SYG meant or I’m having a brain fart haha

11 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

SYG?

SYG = Stand Your Ground

 

it was a rule-free thread with thousands of pages where we took low blows at celebrities and you didn't get banned if you trolled in that thread. think no holds barred like wishing death on musicians, celebrating people's health concerns etc.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.