Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Mariah Carey - Hero | Turns 30

Featured Replies

Released as the 2nd single to her smash global era, Music Box, it peaked at #1 on the Hot 100 for 4 weeks

 

It reached top 5 in Canada, France, Ireland, New Zealand and Norway, the top 10 in Australia and the United Kingdom and overall peaked at #19 in Europe.

 

 

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Antikythera
    Antikythera

    I like Mariah, but I've always hated this song because it is a self-help, Oprah shallow pop spirituality, condescending, patronizing piece of soundtrack for soccer moms who wants to feel like they hav

  • feelslikeadream
    feelslikeadream

    Boring song, but I'm glad it's resonated with so many people   And I know MC secretly likes it because in her head she's actually singing about a hero sandwich.  

  • princedonte
    princedonte

    Classic but I prefer Rihanna’s version. 

3 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

idk why so many lambs dislike this song, it's really good :'(

Even Mariah dislikes it.

 

The live versions of this song are so iconic. She's sung it in so many memorable places too - including for two presidents and after 9/11.

 

 

  • ATRL Moderator

Boring song, but I'm glad it's resonated with so many people :heart2:

 

And I know MC secretly likes it because in her head she's actually singing about a hero sandwich.

 

spacer.png

I like Mariah, but I've always hated this song because it is a self-help, Oprah shallow pop spirituality, condescending, patronizing piece of soundtrack for soccer moms who wants to feel like they have a soul when hoping for their man job promotion. This is every Kelly Clarkson song before Kelly Clarkson.

4 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

I like Mariah, but I've always hated this song because it is a self-help, Oprah shallow pop spirituality, condescending, patronizing piece of soundtrack for soccer moms who wants to feel like they have a soul when hoping for their man job promotion. This is every Kelly Clarkson song before Kelly Clarkson.

It definitely transcended that even if it's not my favorite Mariah song. 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

I like Mariah, but I've always hated this song because it is a self-help, Oprah shallow pop spirituality, condescending, patronizing piece of soundtrack for soccer moms who wants to feel like they have a soul when hoping for their man job promotion. This is every Kelly Clarkson song before Kelly Clarkson.

It's what Pink was giving us in the 2010s but it's cute, WIthout You did it better even if it's a cover

9 minutes ago, naval23 said:

It's what Pink was giving us in the 2010s but it's cute, WIthout You did it better even if it's a cover

yes. Without You is great, she made it her own. I'm lucky, in my country Without You is way more famous than Hero.

 

I didnt even knew what Hero was until I listened to her discography lol Then you watch the videos, she dressed by Tommy like a christian music star... everything is so lame.

 

4 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

yes. Without You is great, she made it her own. I'm lucky, in my country Without You is way more famous than Hero.

 

I didnt even knew what Hero was until I listened to her discography lol Then you watch the videos, she dressed by Tommy like a christian music star... everything is so lame.

 

I'd like to know what christian singers dress in couture 

 

2faaef0e841ce38ff250d00e2ab9b858.jpg

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

yes. Without You is great, she made it her own. I'm lucky, in my country Without You is way more famous than Hero.

 

I didnt even knew what Hero was until I listened to her discography lol Then you watch the videos, she dressed by Tommy like a christian music star... everything is so lame.

 

Without You was more famous than Hero in every country except Canada/USA basically

 

it's her only European Hot 100 #1 smash for a reason

Just now, naval23 said:

Without You was more famous than Hero in every country except Canada/USA basically

 

it's her only European Hot 100 #1 smash for a reason

I hate that song

  • Author
4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I hate that song

I will never understand lambs who hate her ballads like Through the Rain, Bye Bye and Without You :gayriahcat1:

 

 

Edited by naval23

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

I will never understand lambs who hate her ballads like Through the Rain, Bye Bye and Without You :gayriahcat1:

 

 

The way you just named three of her worst songs

1 minute ago, naval23 said:

I will never understand lambs who hate her ballads like Through the Rain, Bye Bye and Without You :gayriahcat1:

 

 

Well, Down The Drain is absolute trash.

 

It's even worse than Hero, with its insipid, middle of the road, woe is me lyrics.

8 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Well, Down The Drain is absolute trash.

 

It's even worse than Hero, with its insipid, middle of the road, woe is me lyrics.

Right. Hero still has good lyrics even if they're not up to Mariah's lofty standards).

 

But Down the Drain? Pls 

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Well, Down The Drain is absolute trash.

 

It's even worse than Hero, with its insipid, middle of the road, woe is me lyrics.

 

11 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The way you just named three of her worst songs

 

Kandi Burruss The Lies GIF - Kandi Burruss The Lies Lies - Discover & Share  GIFs

12 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Well, Down The Drain is absolute trash.

 

It's even worse than Hero, with its insipid, middle of the road, woe is me lyrics.

through the rain is so boring. even the vocal editing is bad, you can hear how many vocal takes she spliced together in the song. 

  • Author

Not a Hero thread devolving into a Through the Rain lashing thread :chick2:

4 minutes ago, thetea said:

through the rain is so boring. even the vocal editing is bad, you can hear how many vocal takes she spliced together in the song. 

And she still couldn’t deliver a great song.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.