Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Loreen - "Is It Love"

Featured Replies

This woman squandered not one but TWO opportunities to be a European MPG. The music has always been excellent, she deserves an amazing career and yet her career choices have been questionable since ESC

  • Replies 350
  • Views 32.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

my Is It Love/Tattoo 7" vinyl just shipped yesterday :clap3: can't wait to get it 

2 hours ago, Mordecai said:

This woman squandered not one but TWO opportunities to be a European MPG. The music has always been excellent, she deserves an amazing career and yet her career choices have been questionable since ESC

I think that this year it seems that she has taken off. But yeah, so far she hasn't had a big moment after ESC. We'll have to wait and see if Is It Love will take off and if her next single will create more noise.

 

We also need to remember that Loreen is not interested in becoming a famous popstar. She wants to create the music she wants to and she'll do it in her own pace and terms. I just wish that her labels will support her. 

I have a million opinions and ideas on what should be happening but at the end of the day, it's ultimately Loreen's decisions

2 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I have a million opinions and ideas on what should be happening but at the end of the day, it's ultimately Loreen's decisions

Exactly. If Loreen is happy, then that's great! She's making the music she wants to and let's just hope that she'll continue doing what she likes.

22 hours ago, Mordecai said:

This woman squandered not one but TWO opportunities to be a European MPG. The music has always been excellent, she deserves an amazing career and yet her career choices have been questionable since ESC

When I heard that she was going to participate in eurovision for a second time, my initial thought was: OHHHHH, she has an album ready and coming to ESC to remind about herself.

 

And I can not believe how wrong I was....

3 hours ago, DailyPoison said:

When I heard that she was going to participate in eurovision for a second time, my initial thought was: OHHHHH, she has an album ready and coming to ESC to remind about herself.

 

And I can not believe how wrong I was....

She has said that the new album will come next year and a new single will be probably released in January or February. But yeah, I agree that this pacing cannot help Loreen.

 

She released on Apple Music the acoustic version of Is It Love and a cover of Batwanes Beek which although wouldn't boost her streams, they could help her gain more numbers on Spotify if they were released on this platform. But these releases were not promoted at all. ☠️

 

I really hope that at least her new single will create more noise. Is It Love has shown some signs of growth during the past few days but the numbers are kinda disappointing if we consider the fact that this is the brand new single of the 2 times Eurovision winner. 

Edited by Danai G

Loreen's performance of Is It Love in Helen Fischer's Show:

 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1SeS4BNgYh/?igsh=MWFsOXR6dTczY2Ewag==

 

She was amazing once again but the sound mixing was kinda bad, especially during the second part of the song. But that was not her problem, the production team was at fault.

 

I wish she could include some dancers to elevate the song. Don't get me wrong, she is a great performer but Is It Love is a song which in my opinion can be elevated a lot by a better visual show. Loreen was literally glued on the platform and unfortunately the dress didn't leave much room for dance movements, like the ones she has done in previous performances. 

 

Nevertheless, she was stunning and I really wish that thanks to this performance, the song will have an impact in German charts. 

Is It Love re-entered in Belgium and France's top 200 spotify. Hopefully it'll rise more since the Christmas season is over. It's such a pity that it's not big enough in the Nordic countries, especially Sweden...It gets a lot radio-play but maybe it's not catchy enough. 

I saw on a forum that Loreen's next single might be this song that she had teased on a livestream .

 

Apparently, it's called "Pin Drop" and the name has been registered (at least according to fans on Twitter).

 

The snippet sounded interesting although I can barely understand what Loreen says (but the quality of the audio was not good). I think that it reminds me of other songs of this type I have heard on YouTube playlists and the beat reminds me (just a little) of Level Up. But it's an interesting follow up for Is It Love, if it's truly going to be released in February. It seems catchy, memorable and it will definitely get radio-play.

 

However, I need to listen to the whole song to form a full opinion so let's hope that Loreen will not delay the release.

12 hours ago, Danai G said:

I saw on a forum that Loreen's next single might be this song that she had teased on a livestream .

 

Apparently, it's called "Pin Drop" and the name has been registered (at least according to fans on Twitter).

 

The snippet sounded interesting although I can barely understand what Loreen says (but the quality of the audio was not good). I think that it reminds me of other songs of this type I have heard on YouTube playlists and the beat reminds me (just a little) of Level Up. But it's an interesting follow up for Is It Love, if it's truly going to be released in February. It seems catchy, memorable and it will definitely get radio-play.

 

However, I need to listen to the whole song to form a full opinion so let's hope that Loreen will not delay the release.

hmm, we'll see... the fact she said an album in february or march we'll see :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, 東京. said:

hmm, we'll see... the fact she said an album in february or march we'll see :gaycat7:

If you're referring to the National Lottery interview, she didn't specify if it's going to be a single or album but another release in general. I think that it's most likely a new single.

16 minutes ago, Danai G said:

If you're referring to the National Lottery interview, she didn't specify if it's going to be a single or album but another release in general. I think that it's most likely a new single.

The interviewer did state an album, as they joked about giving us more than just one release a year :gaycat7:

3 minutes ago, 東京. said:

The interviewer did state an album, as they joked about giving us more than just one release a year :gaycat7:

In my opinion, it'll be a little bit early to release the album in February or March. But who knows? We'll hate to wait and see.

 

Either way, I hope that what she releases next will get more promotion. Don't get me wrong, Is It Love has gotten enough promotion but so far, it hasn't made a big difference. Loreen performed in Los 40 Awards and the song didn't even chart in Spain. She performed in NRJ Awards and Star Academy and it has yet to make a big impact in France. She performed in Helene Fischer's show and Germany sleeps on it. Plus, in my humble opinion, I think that these performances are not enough to make the song grow more. 

 

I'm also worried by the lack of promo from her labels, like Polydor Records hasn't posted anything about Loreen since...27 October.

This is my proposed rollout strategy:

 

Single announcement + album tease - January (album tease early Jan, single announcement 29th Jan)

Single release + album announcement - 2nd February

Album standard - 8th March

Album deluxe + last single - 3rd May

 

I really don't see the point in releasing after ESC2024 because all of the attention will be on the new winner and new cohort of performers

Edited by nathanspears

30 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

This is my proposed rollout strategy:

 

Single announcement + album tease - January (album tease early Jan, single announcement 29th Jan)

Single release + album announcement - 2nd February

Album standard - 8th March

Album deluxe + last single - 3rd May

 

I really don't see the point in releasing after ESC2024 because all of the attention will be on the new winner and new cohort of performers

I agree. But unfortunately, Loreen hasn't mentioned anything about the album being released in February...So far, when she was asked about new music, she has said that a new single should be ready by January or February. And even in that case, she is not very specific and always answers with a "maybe". 

 

Is It Love is pretty stable (although it still hasn't increased a lot) so maybe they want to leave more room for it to develop more, especially since it has been added to more radios. However, if they plan to release something new, they should start teasing it in January and have proper promo. 

Edited by Danai G

Is It Love is growing a lot on Spotify and it seems like it's becoming a hit in France, Netherlands and Belgium. In Sweden it's kinda unstable, it re-enters on Spotify and then lives but maybe it will become more stable there too. 

 

I'm surprised that the song is not charting in other countries, it's high on Poland, Greece and Croatia's Shazam which means that it gets radio-play there and people search for it. Let's see if it'll do bigger numbers in other countries too.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:43 AM, Danai G said:

I saw on a forum that Loreen's next single might be this song that she had teased on a livestream .

 

Apparently, it's called "Pin Drop" and the name has been registered (at least according to fans on Twitter).

 

The snippet sounded interesting although I can barely understand what Loreen says (but the quality of the audio was not good). I think that it reminds me of other songs of this type I have heard on YouTube playlists and the beat reminds me (just a little) of Level Up. But it's an interesting follow up for Is It Love, if it's truly going to be released in February. It seems catchy, memorable and it will definitely get radio-play.

 

However, I need to listen to the whole song to form a full opinion so let's hope that Loreen will not delay the release.

i love that snippet! really need to have it in full and Dumpster as well

13 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

i love that snippet! really need to have it in full and Dumpster as well

Lol, I'd hate to be that person but I doubt that we'll get any of the abandoned projects released...I don't think that they fit to what Loreen is doing now and I think that if Dumpster was to be released under Warner Music Sweden then maybe she doesn't have the rights to do it. 

18 hours ago, Danai G said:

Lol, I'd hate to be that person but I doubt that we'll get any of the abandoned projects released...I don't think that they fit to what Loreen is doing now and I think that if Dumpster was to be released under Warner Music Sweden then maybe she doesn't have the rights to do it. 

Being her fan we never have hope for anything. But we can still dream

Is It Love is having a big momentum right now so I kinda doubt that the next single will be released soon, it will overshadow Is It Love or it will not get playlist and radio support immediately. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.