Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Tinashe - 'BB/ANG3L'

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Also I don’t understand the usage of "/" in the title either :rip: 

Quote

I was really inspired by screen names and avatars, and how we’re able to create our own personas online. We’re able to name ourselves in that way and take control of our identity. I wanted to create something similar to a screen name, or some type of tag that I could put on this era that would represent the persona or the energy that I was embodying for this particular project.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/60630/1/tinashe-done-making-compromises-needs-talk-to-me-nice-bb-angel

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 94.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

3 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Yeah. Last time we did this for 333 as a way to market the release day of the album. So I thought we could do it again. Also give the thread a little traffic you know... 

 

Also, Amethyst is ALWAYS BE IMMACULATE. 

Yeah I can’t wait to go back and listen to everything again 

Just now, Supervillain said:

Still doesn’t make sense.

The idea makes sense to me, to be honest. :celestial5:

 

She's been exploring this virtual landscape for a while, especially during the 333 era. So she chose BB/Ang3l as her "username," almost like a new persona — similar to how Nashe was for her previous projects. She could have used a period, an underscore, or any other symbol, and the idea would remain the same.

 

I think the larger question here is whether this theme matches the music. But judging by the visuals and aesthetics, it probably doesn't.

 

Just now, GustavoBardusco said:

The idea makes sense to me, to be honest. :celestial5:

 

She's been exploring this virtual landscape for a while, especially during the 333 era. So she chose BB/Ang3l as her "username," almost like a new persona — similar to how Nashe was for her previous projects. She could have used a period, an underscore, or any other symbol, and the idea would remain the same.

 

I think the larger question here is whether this theme matches the music. But judging by the visuals and aesthetics, it probably doesn't.

 

Why isn’t it just „BB ANG3L” then? That’s what irks me :deadbanana2: The official title would make sense if it was a full album and she called each half a name, otherwise it’s pointless to me

Just now, Supervillain said:

Why isn’t it just „BB ANG3L” then? That’s what irks me :deadbanana2: The official title would make sense if it was a full album and she called each half a name, otherwise it’s pointless to me

I would say that she chose a character that can leave room for interpretation, such as the two-part project and two personas, although not intentionally. This is conceptually incorrect by the way, because in most places you can't use "/" as a valid character when creating your username. :rofl:

 

To be honest, there are many other questions that can arise from this title. Why the number 3? What does "BB" stand for (baby, bad *****, etc.)? So, I don't know, I'm just not overanalyzing it, what she said it's what she said. At the end of the day, she can simply add seven new songs to this in a few months and call it a day and the "/" would make sense as a two-part project as it implies.

8 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

The idea makes sense to me, to be honest. :celestial5:

 

She's been exploring this virtual landscape for a while, especially during the 333 era. So she chose BB/Ang3l as her "username," almost like a new persona — similar to how Nashe was for her previous projects. She could have used a period, an underscore, or any other symbol, and the idea would remain the same.

 

I think the larger question here is whether this theme matches the music. But judging by the visuals and aesthetics, it probably doesn't.

 

:jonny4: SweeTees are so smart 

 

6 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Why isn’t it just „BB ANG3L” then? That’s what irks me :deadbanana2: The official title would make sense if it was a full album and she called each half a name, otherwise it’s pointless to me

You can’t have spaces in your username!

Spoiler

The concept fell apart for me slightly when BB wasn’t “bad *****” but it’s whateva 

 

10 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

 think the larger question here is whether this theme matches the music. But judging by the visuals and aesthetics, it probably doesn't.

Does it ever? :psyduck: I’ve thought we were getting a conceptual sci-fi album since Joyride :dies:

5 minutes ago, orange22 said:

:jonny4: SweeTees are so smart 

 

You can’t have spaces in your username!

Depends on the game! BB-ANG3L would suffice though :ducky:

2 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Does it ever? :psyduck: I’ve thought we were getting a conceptual sci-fi album since Joyride :dies:

To be honest, did we somewhat got this on the 333 standard album visuals? Pasadena, Bouncin, and Undo visuals heavily delved into augmented/virtual reality, and I believe the album trailer also explored this theme. Even X had some science fiction elements. I doubt she will go full Star Wars or Matrix on us, though. That would require a significant budget.


 

12 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

To be honest, did we somewhat got this on the 333 standard album visuals? Pasadena, Bouncin, and Undo visuals heavily delved into augmented/virtual reality, and I believe the album trailer also explored this theme. Even X had some science fiction elements. I doubt she will go full Star Wars or Matrix on us, though. That would require a significant budget.


 

333 is definitely the closest and I’m not expecting insane production value on an independent budget. I just feel like we haven’t seen her execute her vision at the highest level yet which is what I kind of thought this label partnership might be :gayorkcat4:

39 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Does it ever? :psyduck: I’ve thought we were getting a conceptual sci-fi album since Joyride :dies:

I miss when her albums (mixtapes) had cohesive themes and the music reflected that, but I know she doesn’t like being singled to one genre on her albums.
 

I just feel like the songs on her mixtapes all sounded like they were from the same project. Whereas now sometimes it feels like a bunch of random songs put together each project if that makes sense?

I understand the title thing, but at the same time she says with this new era she wants to present herself more natural and "pure" like she never did before but then "BB/ANG3L" is a username or persona she chooses to represent herself with :skull:

Just now, orange22 said:

Can an insider let me know if Uh Huh is a bigger bop than the Julia Michaels track? :gaycat5:

Uh Huh is very Nightride, I didn’t like it that much at first but it’s a massive grower. 

1 minute ago, Supervillain said:

Uh Huh is very Nightride, I didn’t like it that much at first but it’s a massive grower. 

:WAP: say less 

2 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Uh Huh is very Nightride, I didn’t like it that much at first but it’s a massive grower. 

What about treason and gravity?

16 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

"uh huh" sounds like it's gonna be the best song ever... let me come back to this next week to see if i'm right or wrong

It sounds like a dark moody track to me

1 hour ago, GustavoBardusco said:

The idea makes sense to me, to be honest. :celestial5:

 

She's been exploring this virtual landscape for a while, especially during the 333 era. So she chose BB/Ang3l as her "username," almost like a new persona — similar to how Nashe was for her previous projects. She could have used a period, an underscore, or any other symbol, and the idea would remain the same.

 

I think the larger question here is whether this theme matches the music. But judging by the visuals and aesthetics, it probably doesn't.

 

She been talking about this for ages but she can’t never follow through. I guess budget issues I suppose. The vision for this era is so confusing and the execution is very underwhelming. Her visions is one thing, the music is completely different from that vision, and the visual doesn’t really match either. 

1 hour ago, teenagecraze said:

Thought it was BareBackAngel

Why would it ever be that? :deadbanana2: like come on be serious for once :biblio:

14 minutes ago, orange22 said:

:WAP: say less 

Say more 

4 minutes ago, Jai said:

Only 7 songs? What chapter did I miss?

She told us we have more tracks at home!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.