Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Is "I'm Just Ken" surprisingly good?

Featured Replies

When I saw this in the movie, I thought it was kind of mid - but fun and amusing nonetheless.

 

But days later, I caught myself humming this and now it's in my head :jonny5:

 

Also, I think the song does a good job of being clearly comedic, whilst also actually being a well-produced, male-centered positive affirmation song. Usually these songs are kind of cringe and veer into creepy, angry, misogynistic territory; and are statistically rare.

 

 

The other song I can recall in recent years (of a similar vein) was also a bop, but a lot more generic lyrically/TikTok mess:

 

 

Thoughts?

No and neither is that Bowser song, Grapes I think it was called :cm:

It's a really great song, I was very pleasantly surprised when i heard it. I love the vulnerability it showcases juxtaposed with the hopeful message.

s2QeJqupeRquAq-0mEet82FxS_vJMMAsf8OWLWwS

 

It's fun but i think it's purposely a parody Song of the bad 80s rock ballands average straight man will say is real music.

 

Cause the Kens love the rock music and the Barbies have pure pop Songs. It's like men are the rockism and girls the poptism. Something can be extended to a discourse about cinema. 

 

Men Will explain you Rocky is good and Grease is a guilty pleasure.

this is in my opinion Is why "the toxic" Kens wear as stallone but in the I'm Just Ken numbers when they accept themselves they wear as John Travolta in Grease. Female cinema gains respect.

 

this movie has so many subtle levels with Its mages and the use of sound. Great cinema. 

 

 

 

Edited by vale9001

  • Author
12 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

it's no "I Will Never Love Again" but it's cute

I... I don't think they were going for INLA :deadbanana:

No. Soundtrack songs sung by the actors themselves are so corny for the most part (I know he‘s in a band but still).

2 hours ago, NewStanner said:

The song itself is not bad, but he sounds awful on it :deadbanana:

He sounds like Lana’s Snl performance ie he has multiple singing voices coming out at each line :deadbanana:

  • Author
14 minutes ago, Katamari said:

He sounds like Lana’s Snl performance ie he has multiple singing voices coming out at each line :deadbanana:

Delete this. He's KEnough. Thank you.

Yes Ryan was fantastic in the movie :clap3:

Deserves an oscar.

 

Stream Push as well! 

 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.