Beyoncé: A Samples Legacy

trainsskyscrapers

After the success of the first thread highlighting DC's reach across global hip-hop/pop (will be attached below), I thought it would be fitting to make this one. (I'll keep this one updated too)

(1) "Me, Myself & I" - Beyoncé, Scott Storch, Robert "EST" Waller

- Meek Mill featuring Ella Mai - "24/7" (2018) (#54 US - 1xP, #66 UK, #21 NZ Hot)

- Nines & Asia - "Calendar" (2023) (#19 UK)

(2) "Dance For You" - Beyoncé, The-Dream, Tricky Stewart

- August Alsina - "Bandz" (2012)

- Nipsey Hussle featuring Dubb & Tai Phillips - "Don't Take Days Off" (2013)

- Brockhampton - "HONEY" (2018)

"Get Me Bodied" - Beyoncé, Kasseem Dean, Sean Garrett, Makeba Riddick, Angela Beyincé, Solange Knowles

- Swizz Beatz - "It's Me (Remix)" (2007) 

"Party" - Beyoncé, Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Andre Benjamin

- Ambre - "Outreaux" (2022)

"1+1" - Beyoncé, The-Dream, Tricky Stewart

- Pusha T featuring Kanye West & Kid Cudi - "Rock N Roll" (2022) (#78 US, #25 US R&B, #67 CAN, #11 NZ Hot, #98 UK, #130 WW)

"Otherside" - Beyoncé, Sydney Bennett, Dave Rosser, Nick Green, Abisagboola Oluseun

- James Blake - "When We're Older" (2020)

"Nice" - Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Pharrell Williams, Denisia Andrews, Brittany Coney

Ludmilla featuring Tasha & Tracie - "Sou Ma" (2023)

"Summer" - Beyoncé, Shawn Carter, Homer Steinweiss, James Fauntleroy II, Marcello Valenzano, Thomas Brenneck, Leon Michels, Michael Herard, Andre Lyon

- Don Toliver featuring Quavo & Offset - "Had Enough" (2019) (#52 US - Gold, #23 US R&B, #60 UK, #42 CAN - Gold, #14 SWE HS, #44 SWI)

Spoiler

Get Me Bodied was produced by Swizz Beats so does It's Me (Remix) count as a sample??

29 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

SOS title track sampling Listen counts right ? 

I think that's an interpolation, not a sample.

One of my favorites 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VerdantHue said:

Get Me Bodied was produced by Swizz Beats so does It's Me (Remix) count as a sample??

I think so. He was being generous, but all of the co-writers received songwriting credit on the remix.

About You by XXYYXX samples End Of Time at 1:41.

She’s excellent at this and has done it incredibly since her debut I mean CiL and Naughty Girl alone end careers

• 8 months later...
On 7/7/2023 at 1:17 PM, ScorpiosGroove said:

SOS title track sampling Listen counts right ? 

If Beyonce did what SZA did with "Listen" for one of her songs, trust and believe Beyonce + the 3 other writers would receive formal credit. However, everyone is not as generous as she is with writing credits. It's been said that if you're in the room when the song was made, or you simply passed the demo to someone who you knew could add something (ie.. producer Emile Haynie not touching the song but passing "Hold Up" to Father John Misty to complete the first verse and hook)..., you get a Beyonce songwriting credit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.