Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

14 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

This the state JYP wants to promote their groups internationally? Imagine if an american artist started releasing songs in korean, promoted in South Korea, and then posted a picture on instagram wearing something with the rising sun Japan flag :skull:

 

Considering how many instances of kpop idols posting or wearing something with a nazi symbol on it but somehow that's not a big problem for koreans, I would consider there's some sort of systemic lack of acknowledgement of how bad the symbol is. Kinda how like in the west some japanese restaurants use the imperial flag but it's not considered as much as an offense. Not that this is an excuse though, I thought it was common knowledge for people that you always have to search what something on a shirt means, especially if it's in a foreign language :rip:

I mean different stuff was happening between korea and japan during WW2, i'm not entirely shocked that the impact of a swastika isn't universal over there.

 

Regardless, 0 excuse for a group promoting internationally. But all she had to do was apologize, and she did, so whats done is done. :rip:

12 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Are you kidding me, this is like saying like its auspicious meaning which has existed for thousands of years is no longer valid :rip: Millions of Hindu and Buddhist people, including my own motherland STILL uses the non-tilted swastika because that’s a holy thing for us, and we won’t stop using it just because Hitler hijacked it and modified it and used it as a symbol of his atrocities and crimes. 
I 

having said that, idk if Chaeyoung knew about it (I’m thinking she didn’t because of how out of touch south Koreans are in terms of history), but JYPE definitely should have checked it  beforehand. It’s baffling how such a big company does not have a functioning team for these things.

No worries if you didn’t know. Most people just associate it with Hitler and the holocaust and it’s such a shame because that one pig really destroyed it’s true meaning. It’s so devastatingly sad. 

Yeah I've seen so many people complain about it being referred as a swastika (especially today with chaeng's incident), a lot of people need to be educated on this because Hitler stealing a holy symbol for such purposes already did enough damage :rip: I believe the nazi one is generally referred as hakenkreuz

4 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Are you Korean?

no im not.

 

but you can check this pann post, most comments are about the rising sun

 

[theqoo] TWICE CHAEYOUNG'S T-SHIRT WITH A NAZI LOGO THAT'S STIRRING A CONTROVERSY OVERSEAS (pannchoa.com)

2 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

 

 

Is this real? coz.. :rip:

no way :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

 

 

Is this real? coz.. :rip:

and there’s no way chatgpt will write the same post again btw. If you know how chatgpt, you know it’s fake. 

2 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

no im not.

 

but you can check this pann post, most comments are about the rising sun

 

[theqoo] TWICE CHAEYOUNG'S T-SHIRT WITH A NAZI LOGO THAT'S STIRRING A CONTROVERSY OVERSEAS (pannchoa.com)

Quote

. I-roaches are so selective with their scandals. They are so apathetic when it comes to the Rising Sun flag

most of the comments having common sense for once but then theres this coming from knetz :deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, hallucinate said:

 

this has been the prettiest and most stunning teaser rollout i’ve seen in kpop in a minute :jonny5: sooyallah taking it once again

1 minute ago, gugunikko said:

and there’s no way chatgpt will write the same post again btw. If you know how chatgpt, you know it’s fake. 

Good. That would’ve been to much

Just now, ariesgroove said:

this has been the prettiest and most stunning teaser rollout i’ve seen in kpop in a minute :jonny5: sooyallah taking it once again

the visuals are absolutely GORGEOUS. I fear we are not ready for her visual serve in the MV my GAWD.

3 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

Good. That would’ve been to much

Chatgpt always give out unique answer to void plagiarism

Edited by gugunikko

and JYP Entertainment should actually be right at the frontline with her apologizing for the QAnon and not just make her the sole scapegoat!

I’ve been asking this question since I saw that pic but how did they even get that qAnon Tshirt is what’s baffling to me :dies: like do they just sell random shirts in Korea? Can someone confirm this lol

Edited by Witnessed ET

What happens to idols using The Rolling Stones or AC/DC t-shirts for aesthetic :deadbanana4:

 

She and the pale bird chick have always been my least liked, kick them OUT to secure that global bag

 

Tiktok Guy GIF - Tiktok Guy Using - Discover & Share GIFs

23 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

hitler is not as infamous in asia as he is in the west, koreas enemy was japan so they are much more sensitive to the rising sun.

and visit india, you will find the symbol everywhere.

Japan were allies with Germany during WW2 when the war crimes they committed happened. I find it VERY hard to believe that they don't know about Hitler. 

1 minute ago, Aslan said:

 

not one lie was told :siptea:

As once I'm going to stand by this take - Tzuyu was done so dirty at such a young age too. :deadbanana2:

23 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Yeah I've seen so many people complain about it being referred as a swastika (especially today with chaeng's incident), a lot of people need to be educated on this because Hitler stealing a holy symbol for such purposes already did enough damage :rip: I believe the nazi one is generally referred as hakenkreuz

Yeah I see a lot of ignorance here and in general regarding Swastika and it’s heartbreaking. Our family can’t even use it here in the US during our traditional festivals like we used to back in our home country because people are gonna go “oh look, Hitler and the Holocaust!” without even knowing its one true meaning. :rip:

1 minute ago, Cotton said:

Japan were allies with Germany during WW2 when the war crimes they committed happened. I find it VERY hard to believe that they don't know about Hitler. 

People still pretending Chaeyoung's shirt was a Buddhist or Hindu person wearing the symbol to promote their religions and not a whole white man using the OTHER symbol :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, starstruckaj said:

Like do they not teach about the Holocaust in Korean school systems? Definitely learned about that in middle school world history :biblionny: I remember Sowon got her lashings years back for posing with that Nazi mannequin and suddenly Gfriend was disbanded 3 months later :gaycat7:

I happen to know a little bit about the Korean history curriculum (I'm a history teacher) and unfortunately the short answer is kind of... yes? 

There is some world history teaching in middle school, but in high school virtually all kids choose Korean history. It's a bit like the US model where they split the subject into 'world history' and 'US history', except that no one chooses to do the former :skull: 

 

I'm not a stan of Chaeyong or Sowon. But I truly believe these girls don't know :skull: Most people don't remember what they were taught once in middle school

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.