Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

? I dont get it, enter the top 10 but not the stream charts is more suspicious than that
ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

There's nothing weird about that with a fanbase driven genre like Kpop

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

There's nothing weird about that with a fanbase driven genre like Kpop

I know, but the case of IVE is less suspicious than that

its called lack of fanbase, flop...

what is not matching exactly? I AM is doing big numbers on spotify us? 
ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

 

Spill the tea, bestie!
Btw this is not the first time he has called idols out for this. Last time he did it, people were saying that he was talking about IVE, so I wonder if he’s indirectly calling them out again ? :deadbanana:
 

The lies (you’re right about Tomboy though)

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

 

I agree, sometimes I feel like he says too much and gets him and the group dragged. He even spilled the tea about Division 1 and 2 having beef :deadbanana: 

2 of the biggest reasons why SKZ is getting a lot of hate in general is either because of what Chan is saying in his lives or Hyunjin’s scandal. 
Bang Me Chan is still daddy though, but sometimes he just needs to shut the f*** up :WAP:

7821927c5114080074a0ff9aecc503e7ddef344d

 

I think Bang Chan just being honest to his feeling and spill the teas but at the same time he was kinda messy in a sense that he didn't considered all these teas he spilled could give much impact for fans reaction.

Lily saying she didn't like Winter (The Season), Melon (The fruit) and Monday (The day) does this girl do it on purpose.

 

:deadbanana4: 

8 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

I know, but the case of IVE is less suspicious than that

its called lack of fanbase, flop...

what is not matching exactly? I AM is doing big numbers on spotify us? 
ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Isn't there something a label needs to do to chart on Spotify? Like have properly be a "distributor" or something? Are we even sure IVE has that appropriately set up

19 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I never why understood people associate GIDLE with the Middle East so much? 

This gif though :ahh:

zkFoCvI.gif

Cause they use a lot of middle eastern musical elements in their songs, or used to


Soyeon should go to jail and reflect on what made her pivot to cringy noise crush lyrics and sound, then go back to serving ethnic masterpieces 

zkFoCvI.gif
 

43 minutes ago, starstruckaj said:

The Griddle leak... yeah I need Cube to dungeon them after this era so Soyeon can reflect on her crimes against music. Time to give Lightsum the comeback story of the year because the idle gurlz have truly peaked during the Tomboy era and nothing has been right afterwards

 

 

spacer.png

Not “peaked during tomboy era” 

maybe you need to be locked up together with Soyeon 

spacer.png

People here already said that IVE's albums weren't in the US stores such as Target. If they were they'd probably have a cute little debut.

 

I did see one time some poll on twitter asking dives where they were from and over 80% said Asia so yeah they probably don't have as many fans in America lol mostly just casual fans that stream but not buy yet.

3 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Lily saying she didn't like Winter (The Season), Melon (The fruit) and Monday (The day) does this girl do it on purpose.

 

:deadbanana4: 

Next she can say a swan scared her the other day because it was so big (the bird).

 

:cm:

Edited by harrythevifan

1 minute ago, WhalieX said:

People here already said that IVE's albums weren't in the US stores such as Target. If they were they'd probably have a cute little debut.

 

I did see one time some poll on twitter asking dives where they were from and over 80% said Asia so yeah they probably don't have as many fans in America lol mostly just casual fans that stream but not buy yet.

IVE looks, sounds and FEELS like an Asian girlgroup made for Asia idk why people are acting brand new about their lack of US presence. Their Spotify numbers are even more impressive if you take that into account. Maybe if they truly start promoting in the west, then they might actually be big here too. Who doesn’t like pop perfection bops at the end of the day

 spacer.png

I'm a Soyeon apologist anyday but I can't after what I've heard. She needs an intervention.

 

loreen-sweden.gif

I just googled that GIDLE leak you're talking about and I think I was trolled on youtube?

 

"I'm twerking on the runway"

"I'm hot my boob and booty is hot"

"Sexy like Kim Kardashian"

"Cute and pretty like Ariana"

 

there's NO way this is real :deadbanana4:

33 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

I never understood why people associate GIDLE with the Middle East so much? 

This gif though :ahh:

zkFoCvI.gif

 

Aural terroism, isis of kpop

 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I just googled that GIDLE leak you're talking about and I think I was trolled on youtube?

 

"I'm twerking on the runway"

"I'm hot my boob and booty is hot"

"Sexy like Kim Kardashian"

"Cute and pretty like Ariana"

 

there's NO way this is real :deadbanana4:

When that Hype Boy/Tomboy lyric turned out to be real, anything is possible.

 

:cm:

4 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I just googled that GIDLE leak you're talking about and I think I was trolled on youtube?

 

"I'm twerking on the runway"

"I'm hot my boob and booty is hot"

"Sexy like Kim Kardashian"

"Cute and pretty like Ariana"

 

there's NO way this is real :deadbanana4:

it is

is the title track too

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

8 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I just googled that GIDLE leak you're talking about and I think I was trolled on youtube?

 

"I'm twerking on the runway"

"I'm hot my boob and booty is hot"

"Sexy like Kim Kardashian"

"Cute and pretty like Ariana"

 

there's NO way this is real :deadbanana4:

But it is, Soyeon has completely lost it

And the fact that knetz might actually stan that Kim Kardashian song and get it a PAK or something

 

And other groups will follow suit :deadbanana4:

I feel like Wonho and Monsta X members go to weddings all the time but only now we finally got them in the same frame. :gaycat6:

 

It's nice to see Sistar members still so close. We need a reunion queens. :heart2:

Soyeon needs to be denied access to the English language. Cube has a public responsibly here 

 

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The problem with BTS is its hard to know when any of their success is legitmate because of how OBSESSED the fanbase is with stats. 

 

If Dynamite has 1.65B streams on Spotify but 70% are the result of fans mass streaming daily for MONTHS for chart achievements - that's not impressive. Sure, that would still be 500M streams of "GP" which by all means is still impressive, but not some mega smash.

 

Butter has 1.1B streams and that song absolutely no one in the GP knows. It was ENTIRELY fan driven. Even Permission to Dance which many fans didn't even care about for more than 2 weeks is at 600M. 

 

Their stats are so inflated by stans with their streaming farms that we can't take any of their success seriously. 

This. Spotify is a joke and the equivalent of YouTube in 2023. A fully On-Demand streamer like Apple Music has never produced a 1B streamed track but Spotify has over 20 (and plenty more when talking about songs). 
 

Spotify allows fans to open multiple clients at one time and mass-stream (Apple Music doesn’t) and it’s possible to do over 20k+ streams daily from ONE device. 
 

And if we look at BTS’s domestic streams and how over 60% of them are considered fraudulent and not counted for their local charts, it tells us all we need to know about their Spotify numbers. But the platform refuses to regulate streams because they want to appeal to investors.

4 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The problem with BTS is its hard to know when any of their success is legitmate because of how OBSESSED the fanbase is with stats. 

 

If Dynamite has 1.65B streams on Spotify but 70% are the result of fans mass streaming daily for MONTHS for chart achievements - that's not impressive. Sure, that would still be 500M streams of "GP" which by all means is still impressive, but not some mega smash.

 

Butter has 1.1B streams and that song absolutely no one in the GP knows. It was ENTIRELY fan driven. Even Permission to Dance which many fans didn't even care about for more than 2 weeks is at 600M. 

 

Their stats are so inflated by stans with their streaming farms that we can't take any of their success seriously. 

That’s why I listed Radio charts as well as main country music charts.

 

BTS had a 300% increase in listeners when Dynamite dropped X.

 

In total dynamite had 85.3M unique listeners in 2020 (116.9M in 2021) with 26.9M Spotify followers // 31.5 Monthly listeners. 

 

Gaia you were around for Dynamite you know it was everywhere. It had great playlisting too. 
 

70% is an absolute made up percentage.

 

BTS had 13.5 million monthly listeners in August 2020. By December that was 31.5M.

Their streams are at maximum 42% fandom driven. Which would still make it almost a billion GP streams. 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Oh I’ve been seeing a lot of Shownu on my timeline lately, he’s kinda the hottest man in kpop when you really think about it (sorry to mingyu), super happy to have him back :bird:

7 minutes ago, WhalieX said:

I feel like Wonho and Monsta X members go to weddings all the time but only now we finally got them in the same frame. :gaycat6:

 

It's nice to see Sistar members still so close. We need a reunion queens. :heart2:

Did i see Luda there? Omg she doesn't left the group :jonnycat:

Why am I entering this tread to see the SM sheep writing such long paragraphs trying to downplay Spotify?? Did aespa not chart the global top 200 yet??

 

spacer.png

 

I actually haven’t kept up with the Spotify charts lately, but I know for sure that newjeans will completely wash all these other 4th gen girlies once they release their summer smasha. I hope they had their fun in the meantime 

 

spacer.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.