iPhone or Galaxy?

TROPICUM

I got an iPhone 13 pro max as my first iPhone at the end of last year, before that I've owned pretty much all Galaxy S phones since 2.

Build quality and battery life on the iPhone are unmatched. If you get one though I would recommend just getting a pro or one of the regular ones, the pro max is a nice size but it's super heavy. I struggle to keep it in my pocket without wearing a belt lol. Since buying the phone I've bought pretty much every product in the Apple ecosystem and it's nice and super convenient ofc but if you're not that bothered about spending an extra 5-10 seconds connecting devices then it's really not that big of a deal. Galaxy phones have a lot more quality of life features and shortcuts built in that I much prefer but both phones essentially do the same thing. If you just want to change it up and have blue messages (lol) then definitely give it a go, but if you're happy with what you're used to then stick to it

Google Pixel 6 Ultra 

:jonny6: But I would wait for Google Pixel 7 Premium 

if youre gettting the highest end version of the phones its literally just a UI preference at this point.

tiffany-pollard-leave.gif

I left android in 2018 and never came back

When you are poor student  android offers option to use cracked versions of apps for free, easier usb to phone music transfer and I was geeking about about a lot of third party programs and options but these days when you can stream music for couple of $ a month and I do not care about using anything that basic stuff iphone is just perfect for me as its never laggy.

my iphone 6 still works and my current Iphone 11 still works flawlessly after 2 years (battery life is still so good), I actually won't upgrade it for at least a year or 2. 

Everyone who says iphone is an investment is 100% right, these phones are made to last.

I am not sure whats Samsung/Galaxy is doing these days but I had galaxy s6 back in the day when it was their flagship

phone and it started lagging adter a year of usage, which for a phone of that cost was unacceptable and made me dislike android overall

Galaxy’s do what iPhones can do + more. In fact, Galaxy’s have long had basic features only the latest iPhones are about to have like AOD. And iPhones still doesn’t have clipboard manager, file management, split-screen/multi-window multitasking, secure/private folder, USB OTG, PRO camera mode, interactive widgets, charging indicator (lol). They’re also much more straightforward and user-friendly than iPhone. Transferring thousands of photos & music from a PC is such a huge pain on an iPhone. iPhone has tons of hidden features you will never know exist & how to use unless you stumble across a video or post about them on YouTube or Reddit. 

I recently got an iphone, but i definitely prefer Galaxy. the only real advantage is iMessage and i only use that for games

I have iPhone 11 Pro and Sony Xperia. Both are great, I use the Sony one for work purpose and iPhone for everything else.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:35 PM, Arthoe said:

a random question though: why preface it with the disclaimer that you're a college student? :rip: 

the samsung has better hardware, apple has better optimization of their hardware. Apple runs better on less resources, and I think the UI is better. 

Phones in general are not really that eco-friendly, but according to research by NGOs, Samsung phones overall do pretty bad in terms of ethical sourcing, supply chain transparency, fair labor practices, recyclability, usage of toxic chemicals and repairability. 

Also like Samsung is a South Korean chaebol, they're literally the operated like the mafia with state funding from South Korea because they bring in taxes. Their business practices make American capitalism look... humane. Recently watched a documentary about how Samsung gave thousands of their workers cancer by mandating unsafe working conditions with chemicals and how they tried to sue and destroy the families of the workers that had died from cancer.

Because they’re either on a budget or want a phone that can be beneficial to their everyday college life.

Do you really want a green bubble when sending text? 

On 7/2/2022 at 9:02 AM, M André said:

I would buy the Samsung flip:ducky:

The only Android phone that I’m considering. God, Im set to retire my Xs Max this year and I really want the Flip. But i know im gonna miss the apple ecosystem

I used to alternate between them with whatever i felt like at the time a couple of years ago. But then I got an iMac and a MacBook and now owning an android is out of the question for me because of the hurdles you have to jump through to transfer files and get them to connect to each other. If you use a windows laptop get an android, but if you use a Mac you kinda need an iPhone. 

iPhones :giraffe:

good luck getting those explosive galaxy devices through TSA

tiffany-pollard-leave.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.