• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

Me after starting my Witness era and instantly being lashed in the review

Β 

Β 

i will help get the thread to page 121 by promoting some of the best songs on a letter to me

Β 

Β 

Β 

I did this challenge so fast and without dedication/inspiration so I deserve lashings xΒ 

Β unknown.png

Β 

Welcome, writers! It’s time for the debut season of ATRL’s newest tournament Golden Hit to come to a close. :weeps:
From the elements to the studio, from word count to queer pride, and from culture and history to media, oh my!
Our list of past challenges forms quite a remarkable array, so how could we end the season any other way?

Β 

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the sixth and final round of the season...

unknown.png

Β 

This is a brand new challenge for Golden Hit... or is it? Ultimately, the choice is yours... or should I say, was yours. But what’s the choice, I hear you ask? Over the past five weeks you have been shaping your own challenge, tailored exclusively to you, without even realizing it! Your submissions during the tournament thus far will have a great impact on your next submission... just how they impact your final song is up to you, however. The choice? All or Nothing.
Β 

All
If you choose All, your final song must be linked to each of your prior submissions throughout Golden Hit in some way. It can be as major or as minor of a link as you desire, however there must be some connection to each and every one of your prior entries. It may be a shared motif, or a reference to a specific lyric. Perhaps a borrowed rhyme scheme, or an interpolated song title. Your song doesn’t necessarily have to adhere to the specifics of the individual challenges, however should you wish to incorporate any other challenge elements, that may be a suitable link! Originality will be rewarded, and it is important that your song must stand alone in its own right, yet still feel like a fitting centerpiece to the Golden Hit project you’ve been crafting all season.Β All of your individual connections to your prior songs must be included in the other information section.
Β 

Nothing
Alternatively, if you choose Nothing, your final song must be completely unique from any of your prior submissions throughout Golden Hit. We don’t wish to see any overlapping themes, repurposed song structures and rhyme schemes, or concepts previously explored during your time in this tournament. Of course, not every single word has to be something you haven’t used beforeβ€”think of this more as a β€œfree round” option, with a heightened focus on exploring new styles, concepts, themes, and language that you wouldn’t typically utilize. This is an opportunity to take a risk and try something entirely new for you, and step out of your comfort zone, while still displaying strong songwriting techniques forming a lyrically enthralling experience for the reader.Β A summary of how this differs from your prior songs must be included in the other information section.
Β 

Now you know the stakes... what will you choose? All or Nothing?
Β 

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Jun 23, 11:59PM EST

Β 

The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. Due to this being the final round, requests for token embossment will be taken from all writers during submission, as to have them presented during the final results show. As always, if you have not submitted during Golden Hit thus far, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list, however you would need to complete the Nothing component of the challenge by default.

Β 

Finally, @fountain, @Element, and I wish to thank you all once again for making this tournament a success.
We hope you have enjoyed the experience as much as we have, and wish you all the best in the finale!

unknown.png

naturally, i’ll be doing nothing :gaycat3:

Also just a reminder for anyone who was hoping to submit for the Judge's Choice challenge and hasn't yet, the results are still scheduled for Sunday EST, so as long as you submit for that one within like the next 24 hours or so, we're probably still gonna review and score your entry so don't be too discouraged. x

Just now, Jackson said:

But what about a song about a bike lane in Iceland that actually turns out to be a deepfake with some Italian thrown in and whatever your latest song is aboutΒ 

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I was excited to read your song about an Icelandic zealot riding their bike through a wildfire to retrieve a deepfake of their late lover. :tsk:

5 minutes ago, fountain said:

But what about a song about a bike lane in Iceland that actually turns out to be a deepfake with some Italian thrown in and whatever your latest song is aboutΒ 

Not us having the same idea. :deadbanana2:

Wait because I think I have a concept/narrative for All but not sure I’ll be able to execute itΒ :sherlock:

Can we keep the string of golden hit token avis going? :eli:

@AuroraΒ Thank you for the review! I can see what you mean about the last line. I was in the bathroom when I thought of it and thought I would use it immediately, but hindsight is 20/20.Β :cute:

It will be very interesting to see how you all decide to execute this challenge and put an end to this first Golden Hit journey, either creating an overall cohesive song that links all your previous ones together as a final project or something entirely new that adds another layer to your collection of songs. Can’t wait to see and so sad it’s coming to an end :heart:

1 minute ago, Euterpe said:

@AuroraΒ Thank you for the review! I can see what you mean about the last line. I was in the bathroom when I thought of it and thought I would use it immediately, but hindsight is 20/20.Β :cute:

Your Sia moment. :eek:

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Can we keep the string of golden hit token avis going? :eli:

They make me laugh sometimes tbh because it kinda looks like we are just talking to ourselves :rip:Β but I love seeing the avis too :heart2:

Interesting challenge.Β 
Β 

I feel like the most obvious way to write an All song would be to write a ripoff of It’s Time To Go, considering basically all of my submissions have been about being in places / situations a person should / does leave. But that wouldn’t be very original so I’ll probably end up doing Nothing.Β 

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Your Sia moment. :eek:

Nooo Β 

Β 

tumblr_n8vs08RZrQ1thrb0yo1_400.gif

Β 

throwback gif x

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

and co-wrote a song loosely inspired by events in the first film about a year ago!

I wonder who your co-writer was :gaycat3:

Β 

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

Approaching this subject from a first person perspective rather than third person was a particularly intriguing decision. While you handled it well, I feel some of the more upsetting themes of perishing children and family members would probably have been better represented from an outsider’s point of view. A few other choice nitpicks would be some lines deviating from the perfect metre or extended AAAA rhyme scheme (which was very impressive)

Thanks for the overall review as always :heart2:. These specific decisions were very deliberate, so I feel like I'd still execute them the same if given the chance to do it over, but I appreciate your perspective and I'm glad you enjoyed the song overallΒ 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.