Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Did Ellen Degeneres Go Too Far?

Featured Replies

"It’s not loose. It’s not a loose spider,” Ellen says as she unveils a terrarium, which appears to contain a huge spider inside, to gasps from the audience."

 

Kim, now leaping up from her seat, screams: “No! No, we’ve been through this before. I don’t care — I don’t care to get over my fear. I don’t care.”

 

Ellen, clearly unaffected by the fact that Kim looks visibly terrified and has backed away, relentlessly continues: "What if I hold it"?

 

"Absolutely not," Kim firmly replies. What if I just hold it?!" Ellen asks again, to which Kim clearly repeats: "No, no, no."

 

Ellen says, "What if I just..." before throwing the apparent spider at Kim, who -- unsurprisingly -- screams and runs far from the host. "STOP," she yells. "Stop."

 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/leylamohammed/ellen-degeneres-backlash-spider-prank-kim-kardashian

 

sub-buzz-4223-1649944003-5.png?downsize=

sub-buzz-4087-1649944015-10.png?downsizesub-buzz-4103-1649944225-7.png?crop=1452

 

 

 

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Why does Ellen keep doing this stuff? It’s so mean and unnecessary. 

Ellen is evil as we all know but this was obviously scripted/planned and Kim (also evil) seemed to be in on the joke.

Edited by Marla Singer

5 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

Ellen is evil as we all know but this was obviously scripted/planned and Kim (also evil) seemed to be in on the joke.

How do you know Kim was in on the joke? This all just seems so cruel and mean spirited and I don’t even like Kim at all. Ellen just loves to embarrass her guests. So weird. 

If i was Kim i would’ve effed her ass up on television just like Kourtney fucked her ass up 

Kim should have said don’t be ******* rude. And hit her with a purse 

I think it's just annoying. It was funny years ago but not now. 

Eh, I think people are doing too much here. It's annoying as one can get, yes, but I wouldn't consider it vile.

 

What she did to pregnant Mariah was vile.

25 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

How do you know Kim was in on the joke? This all just seems so cruel and mean spirited and I don’t even like Kim at all. Ellen just loves to embarrass her guests. So weird. 

The way Kim brought up the topic of her mother being scared, which then led into the spider prank/scare, which was all perfectly timed with the commercial break afterwards. Also her going and hugging Ellen right after it. I don't think someone with a phobia would've calmed down so quickly if they genuinely believed they were being teased with their phobia.

Ya'll already got her show cancelled, so this extra bull about her being the worst person in the world because of the various jokes and pranks she played on guests (many of which the guests were in on) is for naught. It'd be easier and quicker to repeat the "she shook George Bush's hand, and he's a war criminal" line you guys keep bringing up. Yes, she's the worst thing ever and should be cast in the fires of Mount Doom. Can we move on now? Start digging into Rachel Ray's past or something. :lmao: You'd think after ya'll were exposed for exaggerating that Sofia Vergara stuff with Ellen, you'd fall back, but I guess not.:zzz:

kim's name wasnt even on the title but swfities found a way to STILL get here, hilarious.. :bibliahh: move on!!!

Edited by mar

No. Everyone is jumping on the Ellen bandwagon hate. This was socially acceptable at the time.

well ellen is ending this year so she no longer has to torment people

She "went too far" by pretending to throw a spider at someone? Really? This is what the outrage is over? :toofunny3:

I mean I won’t pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes, but Ellen has always given psychopath vibes. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.