Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Blood Magic

To make this review Short and to the point here are bullet points of the Movie.

DOCTER STRANGE 

Spoiler

Strange had a Arc about facing his fears and regrets due to Endgame consequences. He realizes he isn’t truly happy as a Superhero, and a America Chavez gives him hope that he is still important by the end of the film. And Palmer shows him to trust his power as the Socerer Supreme, and this inspiration is what gives Chavez the power to control her ability. Wanda and him both want to use the darkhold but Strange takes the heroic angle. I don’t know why strange fans are mad Wanda is getting all the praise, when strange actually has a full character arc and proof to be the Superhero in the end. Also him fighting his actual variant that wants Palmer was great thematically and visually. The Music fighting was creative and amazing in IMAX. The only major negative I have for Strange is that he get thrown around so much. Like he is supposed to be the 2nd most powerful magical hero and most of the movie he is getting clapped. I get Wanda and mordo had him handicapped but still felt weird for the main hero to not be kicking butt. He did own this spirits, Gargantos and evil Strange eventually but still?‍♀️

WANDA

Spoiler

Obviously the MVP! The critics that say she is different from Wandavision truly don’t understand what is happening. This is the Scarlet Witch being influenced by the darkhold magic. It’s literally stated several times. Wanda’s rampage through the Multiverse is about creating reality out of fantasy. But there is no fantasy when you have the power to do anything to get your kids. It’s the story of a Mother. She even stated in the beginning she didn’t want to just murder everyone but they were in her way?it isn’t heroic but it makes sense for a character that literally possessed a town for her husband. The conclusion makes sense because once she got to that universe and saw her kids reaction. It broke the illusion. She also had the best scenes emotionally, visually and the fights with the Illuminati will be a major talking point. Honestly this movie would feel like Docter strange 1, if we didn’t get this amazing performance. She actually felt like a threat. 

AMERICA

Spoiler

America at first felt like a support character that was just there for the multiverse to be use. However once we got to the scene with her moms I fet for her. She didn’t really have any amazing standout scenes but her abilities are cool and can be used in some interesting ways in the future. Her coming into her power was cool to see, but I wish we got one more scene of her talking with Wanda or Dr. Palmer. I think she will have a big fan base in the future because of the relatable younger hero vibes. Similar to Peter Parker 

CAMEOS

Spoiler

The Illuminati was awesome to see. If you weren’t watching YouTube and Reddit speculation threads this movie will be massively more surprising. This confirms that the Fantastic 4 and X-men are in the multiverse. We all knew this but it’s nice to see fan fav Professor X. Reed Richard should have had more time to show off his stretching abilities. Captain Carter was cool to see and I wish the fight was longer. Captain Marvel just felt there?like I’m glad we got to see that variant but I would have been better off if we got another XMen or fan cast. Black Bolt’s death was graphic and awesome! Overall this was the most exciting fight but felt short. Mordor’s fight was fine. 

THE GOOD 

Spoiler

Overall the best parts of the film is the visuals that feel so different from a normal MCU movie. The darker aspects, it’s demonic and twisted. Wanda’s performance, and the creative use of magic. I don’t think critics are talking about that enough. We went from just mirrors and throwing red balls to some next level magic. I hope DS3 continues being weird and abstract. It’s supposed to be. The Movie is literally called Docter strange?

THE BAD

Spoiler

As insane as some of the Visuals are, some parts of the CGI do look bad. The gargantos fight, and some of the floating makes it look obviously Green Screen. And of course it all is, but some scenes look clearly undone. The cheesy and corny dialogue also was noticeable. And I don’t mean the typical marvel jokes, I mean some one liners and speeches felt bad for a Marvel film at this point. The writing and plot was pretty predictable. And we didn’t spend enough time in other multiverses. This may be what alot of people feel underwhelmed from. We never actually go to Tobey Maguires university, or fox X-men universe and explore like some scoopers were hyping up. This is t really bad for me, but I can understand why a Film with Multiverse in it didn’t explore more universes. 

THE FUTURE 

Spoiler

Wanda isn’t dead. She will survive and make it back to her universe in Agatha harkness for Disney +. Elizabeth Olsen also is set for several more appearances in the MCU. I think she will be gone for the next year, as the MCU probably don’t want such a powerhouse just roaming around New York. I feel she will be brought back into the universe by Agatha, deported. And will be vital as the one that helps bring the X-men into the MCU in some way. Doctor Strange will probably be hopping Universes with Clea to clean up incursions that occurred during this film. America will hone her power and meet up with young avengers.  

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• Ampersand13

• Broken

The way Grace spilled in the spoiler review :rip: the more I think about it the more it sucks in my head. It's still good entertainment though.

That bit when

Spoiler

Wanda breaks the fourth wall after possessing her alternate self :wanda:

This is why I never listen to critics :jonny5: This was fantastic all around. Sure the overall plot felt all over at times but they really pulled through. I did not expect Wanda to be the actual villain but I kept cheering every time she killed a hoe :fan:

All the cameos were excellent and the Inhumans guy caught me off guard tbh. The only real lame one was Marie :toofunny3: Peggy was a bit more bearable but I cheered when the shield was used against her 

Why did I just realize Christine and Regina George are the same actress :deadbanana2:. I feel so slow.

What was the point of this movie :deadbanana:

I swear I feel like the MCU isn't even building towards anything anymore....

3 hours ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

This movie was really good, and Doctor Strange is handed really well. But I agree Wanda was a little too evil, and the Wanda from Wandavision isn't there. She needed a more of a moral struggle the way Strange was given.  

Imo it was shown why Wanda did a complete 180 and that there was an ongoing struggle though

When Professor X was in her head and he saw good Wanda trapped under the rubble and was trying to free her, he mentioned how the darkhold has overtaken her and all he has to do is free her so that she can take control again. Absolutely he failed because then Wanda snapped that neck

:fan: 

This was a very imperfect but yet great movie :jonny4:

Spoiler

the Wanda vs Cap carter, Cap marvel, Mr F and black bolt is one of the MCU’s best :wanda:

that scene with thanos dead and defeated by the Illuminati plus strange was so cool too:WAP:

there were many things I disliked tho, like the fighting scene with musical notes??? Like the score was great but it was weird, some very corny dialogues, America’s awful Spanish, some scenes that were supposed to be serious were funny or awkward, and the first 30 minutes of the movie are very underwhelming and fast paced, I would’ve liked watching Wanda “faking” to help them for a bit and the switching, an extra 20 minutes would’ve made the film better 

Sam Raimi’s direction and Scarlet Witch going Maddd were the best

Also I really hope marvel releases a director’s cut with more gore or jumpscares, I f*cking need to see captain carter actually getting sliced by her own shield :wanda:

Edited by Gerardo

8 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

The point of the movie was to create another incursion and establish the the general public what the multiverse is capable of. They are building up to Secret wars, a multiversal war due to the tampering of the sacred timeline set up in Loki. 

Not me coming to complain about Spoilers all over tik tok and twitter but also landing on major spoilers freely written out in the open in here :deadbanana:

Its over for me! 

Just came back and it was very underwhelming, lackluster, a complete let down. I went in with literally zero expectations and was still disappointed. The CGI was extremely bad :rip: I actually fell asleep during the climax ngl :gaycat6: for a Marvel movie it was very disappointing 

3 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Not me coming to complain about Spoilers all over tik tok and twitter but also landing on major spoilers freely written out in the open in here :deadbanana:

Its over for me! 

I'm literally seeing it soon and :deadbanana4: can y'all please put tags for the first weekend at least or make a spoiler thread jesus

I loved this movie. I have a lot to say but I need to sleep on it. But I loved it. 

40 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

This was a very imperfect but yet great movie :jonny4:

the Wanda vs Cap carter, Cap marvel, Mr F and black bolt is one of the MCU’s best :wanda:

that scene with thanos dead and defeated by the Illuminati plus strange was so cool too:WAP:

there were many things I disliked tho, like the fighting scene with musical notes??? Like the score was great but it was weird, some very corny dialogues, America’s awful Spanish, some scenes that were supposed to be serious were funny or awkward, and the first 30 minutes of the movie are very underwhelming and fast paced, I would’ve liked watching Wanda “faking” to help them for a bit and the switching, an extra 20 minutes would’ve made the film better 

Sam Raimi’s direction and Scarlet Witch going Maddd were the best

Also I really hope marvel releases a director’s cut with more gore or jumpscares, I f*cking need to see captain carter actually getting sliced by her own shield :wanda:

There’s always one user who posts **** without putting it in a spoiler.

thanks for that.

9 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

thanks for that.

Like spoilers dont piss me off but that was such a dickhead thing to do smh

16 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

thanks for that.

Mess :rip: I apologize, I copied my post many times cause ATRL kept going down for me and I couldn’t post it and forgot to add the hiding option on it before I posted it :gaycat6:

This movie is pure entertainment. It’s not without some flaws, and I think the actual story is quite different to what was expected (at least for me), but it’s a very good time all the same. 

I will say, I think the trailers have done a disservice to the movie. The trailer for this movie should have been much more understated, something like Shang Chi’s would have been ideal where you get just enough of an impression to get you interested. Truthfully, this movie could’ve sold itself on hype alone regardless, yet they revealed things that should have been saved really. They just showed way too much and I think it gives a different impression of what the story will be, and they showed scenes from throughout the entire film literally from the beginning to the end and that just doesn’t work. When you get to the end of the movie and your hype should be at its peak yet you are still recognising many scenes from the trailer it’s just not fun. But of course this doesn’t speak to the quality of the film but rather bad marketing. 

Also, I don’t know what they were thinking with that end credit scene (not the mid credit one) but that was a disaster. At my viewing everybody groaned because it was such a waste of time and I don’t know why you would want people leaving the movie with a bad final impression like that :rip: 

I will just say that Everything Everywhere did a better job at tackling the multiverse. What a letdown this was… I really was convinced from the movie title that we would get more multiverse madness. The movie overall was okay, loved the terror side of the story.

Seeing this in 6 hours :wanda:

3 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Even though I don't believe the film explored the multiverse that well, it does establish it more and introduces important ideas and terms. 

You will mostly enjoy this film if you are a Wanda fan since it is a continuation of her story and finally has her moment to shine. And also if you are into the campy horror style.

Edited by azii

Can Michael Waldron stop writing already? The writing is absolutely horrendous :rip:

This was a very fun movie. Saw it on Wednesday, theaters were packed and lines were long!

An excellent mix of fantasy, action and a lot of camp, which is very fitting for movie about a wizard! (Some moments even felt sort of Harry Potter-ish). 

They also succeeded at introducing the concept of the multiverse in a very straight-forward and non-confusing way throughout the story.

The dialogue was a bit corny at times, but the actors were able to sell it. 

Edited by Eric.

It’s funny how Zombie Strange first was acting and looking like a zombie but by the time he was helping America en talking to Wanda it looked like bad makeup and totally alive/not zombie anymore, maybe it was on purpose tho.

1 hour ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Just came back and it was very underwhelming, lackluster, a complete let down. I went in with literally zero expectations and was still disappointed. The CGI was extremely bad :rip: I actually fell asleep during the climax ngl :gaycat6: for a Marvel movie it was very disappointing 

45 minutes ago, Epica said:

I will just say that Everything Everywhere did a better job at tackling the multiverse. What a letdown this was… I really was convinced from the movie title that we would get more multiverse madness. The movie overall was okay, loved the terror side of the story.

:jonny: naurrr Cleo get out of da watuh

Edited by Cheers

1 hour ago, TheShowoff said:

Like spoilers dont piss me off but that was such a dickhead thing to do smh

I’m legit seeing it in a few hours for the first time and I’ve managed to avoid spoilers till that one post :skull: 

absolutely livid 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.