Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Blood Magic

If that spoiler that was just retweeted on my Twitter timeline is true :deadbanana4:

Oh I will absolutely not be enjoying this film…

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• Ampersand13

• Broken

that's a silly film. I did not expect it to be that campy lol.

Edited by akoaytao1234

The way comicvine has been seething ever since this movie released :ahh:

4 hours ago, Burqaswag said:

im mad

she better not be dead

No way she is. You can see there was a red energy when the castle crumbled on her, I think she teleported somewhere else. Marvel is wise to know she is too popular to be killed off just now. 

Watching Elizabeth's interviews it does seem that they are trying to see what to do with character, whether with a show or a movie. Elizabeth keeps saying she is interested in seeing what the fans want and she wants a good story. Maybe Kevin/Marvel are giving her the choice.  

26 minutes ago, azii said:

Reveal hidden contents

No way she is. You can see there was a red energy when the castle crumbled on her, I think she teleported somewhere else. Marvel is wise to know she is too popular to be killed off just now. 

Watching Elizabeth's interviews it does seem that they are trying to see what to do with character, whether with a show or a movie. Elizabeth keeps saying she is interested in seeing what the fans want and she wants a good story. Maybe Kevin/Marvel are giving her the choice.  

this better be true

:wanda:

Spoiler

I loved it, as expected

Wanda is truly the best villain Marvel has ever had :clap3: it does feel like her story is finished though :chick1: they wrapped it up nicely

Unless she has something to do with that white Vision coming back

Surely people who haven’t watched Wanda Vision must have been confused about what was going on? :toofunny3:

Hide contents

If Wanda destroyed the darkhold in every universe, I wonder why the ending had Strange dealing with a 3rd eye? :lakitu:

I liked wanda going berzerk and killing everyone so quickly :dies:

the Wanda meeting the other Wanda scene was serving Wonder Woman 1984 in how they were trying to 'defeat' the bad guy by appealing to their children/family :gaycat6:

Strange having to babysit all the younger children with powers :dies:

I’m a massive Wanda Stan.

It was great she got a hell of a showcase.

Pacing was all over the place and script was pretty terrible, felt a little half baked.

I haven't seen any of these Marvel movies, except for Guardians of the Galaxy 1/2 and Winter Soldier, but based on some spoilers and leaked videos online, I must say this movie looks fun.. I might give this one a go, slay, Ms. Olsen! :duca:

Via Deadline:

Last night’s crowd for the Benedict Cumberbatch-Elizabeth Olsen-Rachel McAdams movie was 4 stars on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak with an 81% positive, and the 18-34 crowd at 63%. Men over 25 repped 38% (85% grade), guys under 25 were 24% (79% grade), women over 25 were 23% (77%) while females under 25 repped 16% (81% grade). So far, a 71% definite recommend for the sequel. Diversity demos were 34% Caucasian, 30% Hispanic and Latino, 18% Black and 11% Asian.

Same Recommend % as The Batman & a lower positivity.

I loved this but I understand why some people might not like it :giraffe:

I really enjoyed this.  I think casual audience members will as well. 

I had a good time and it was something new from MCU but I agree the movie is kinda messy and some of these lines….Lizzie and bennie c ATE down with what they were given but some sections like when Wanda said “this is not a tomb, it’s a throne” and when zombie strange was giving the hero advice to America stood out to me as messy :rip:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Since when are the ads on here so damn aggressive chile 

One thing that annoyed me (unless I missed it):

So the events in NWH are forgotten?  I was initially thinking Mordo and The Illuminati would persecute Strange for that

It was a fun film to watch even though it was a lot to take in. 

Doctor Strange 

Spoiler

I felt like he had a very satisfying arc, especially having a healthy closure with Christine Palmer even though it wasn’t the MCU version. I like that he’ll also be a some sort of a mentor for America. Overall, he’s grown a lot but I’m looking forward to a future movie with him and Clea. And possibly the bills being due as warned by the MCU Mordo. The consequences will have to start showing up. 

Scarlet Witch 

Spoiler

She was a force to be reckoned with in this movie. Idk what else I can say about her that others have said already. It was really fun to see a Scarlet Witch in full control of her chaos magic. Agatha would be so proud. Her motive was interesting and a natural continuation of her arc from WandaVision. I do wish there was another 5 minutes or so to flesh her arc out a little bit, especially for her motive. Like for instance, how did she know about America? Why did she focus on that specific universe with Tommy and Billy? She’s definitely not dead as there was a red flash at the end when the castle crumbled. I’m excited to see when she’ll turn up again. Maybe in the show about Agatha? I also hope she’ll finally get a solo movie as well. There are still a lot more stories to tell of the Scarlet Witch 

Miscellaneous 

Spoiler

- America was a fun new character and I’m excited to see more of her. Is she training to be a sorcerer now? Or is that supposed to help her control her power? 

- The Illuminati was interesting but I didn’t care too much for them. It was fun to see Professor X and Mr. Fantastic though! I wonder if this is how mutants and the F4 will be introduced in the MCU via an incursion scenario. I think John will reprise the role but as the MCU version this time. It was also great to see Hayley Atwell again. It must’ve been so funny for her to be back as Captain Carter considering she never knew it would’ve been a possibility when she filmed CA: The First Avenger over 10 years ago! And doing a scene with Prof X! Hope we’ll see her again as a different Captain Carter variant. Idk if the one we saw in the movie is the same one from What If. 

- Wong was great as usual. Glad he had a bigger role this time around. I was wondering if we were going to find out more about that post credit scene with Shang Chi, Captain Marvel and Bruce in this movie but I guess not yet. Hopefully soon because I want to know how Wong is connected to that. 

- I was shook to see Charlize as Clea! I’m excited to see more of her soon. Presumably she’ll be the co-lead for DS 3? 

- I’d think I would give this movie a 7.5 out of 10. It would’ve benefited from an extra 10 minutes I think to fix the pacing issue and script. But Sam directed the hell out of this movie. It was very different stylistically from the other MCU movies aside from the Eternals. I hope he will come back for DS 3.  

1 minute ago, Hooligan said:

One thing that annoyed me (unless I missed it):

Hide contents

So the events in NWH are forgotten?  I was initially thinking Mordo and The Illuminati would persecute Strange for that

I’m not sure because Wong is aware of it when Dr Strange brings it up to America. 

Finally watched the entire movie & not just clips out of context etc lol

I really liked it. I feel like they should have taken a bit more time to explore the multiverse a bit more. Like took some time & spent some time in other universes. 

I've never really watched a lot of Sam Raimi movies other than his Spiderman Trilogy & Evil Dead. But from just those movies you can definitely see his influence here in this movie. 

Some parts were a little cheesy/corny, but nothing major or that will ruin the movie completely. I saw someone in the youtube comments say that Wanda acted like the Raptors do in JP lmao & it's so true.

I cannot wait to see what a third movie for Doctor Strange will bring. I'm even more excited now. So far he's 2 for 2 for me lol. I loved both of his movies. The first one is extremely underrated if you ask me. 

Wanda/Scarlet Witch thoughts

Man, she is amazing. I've loved her character ever since she was introduced into the MCU. & with that being said, it hurts that she was the main villain! During the time that they were releasing a bunch of trailers, t.v spots etc they did not make it clear if she was going to be a good guy or bad guy. Had I not seen any of the spoilers leaks etc I would have never thought that she was to be the bad guy. So crazy how they tried to trick us at first. But I loved Lizzies acting. She's freaking amazing as a good guy or bad guy. I can't wait to see whats next with her character. In terms of what happened at the end of WandaVision, it does seem like they just completely scrapped everything that happened there.

The Illuminati Thoughts:
When it comes to The Illuminati, honestly I was expecting a bit more from them & that they would play a different role in the context of the movie. I'm definitely not mad at their inclusion tho When Professor Xavier showed up you could hear the 1990s X-Men animated series theme. So that got me super excited for Mutants to be introduced into the MCU His death was the one that got me the most in terms of scared and sad. The jump scare when Wanda appeared out of the red mist in what looks like a demon face & broke his neck was gruesome. It wasn't bloody or gory but it did the yob. Captain Carter was cool, she had the biggest role in terms of actually fighting Queen Wanda, maybe they were doing some fan service here it seems like they were. Captain Marvel was second in terms of fight time. She didn't really put up much of a fight either & her death was probably the lamest out of all of them... I mean she got squished by a statue??? lol wtf. Black Bolt was cool, even tho Mr Fantastic basically gave Wanda the idea on how to kill him lol. That was kind of dumb too. I don't understand why he'd panic & kill himself like that. Then she turned Mr Fantastic into noodles. LOL. His inclusion was coo, I just don't get the hype of Jhon K playing him?? or am I missing something? Also if he's supposed to be the smartest person in the world why would he straight up attack her??? lol. Then Mordo, wtfffff even happened to him? It just seems like they got bored & forgot to write an ending to the fight scene between him & Strange & just left it at that. Also wasn't there rumors that he was going to be the main bad guy before? & then it just seems like they cut his role in the movie Idk that whole part made no sense to me Anyway, Like I said them being or not being included in the movie wouldn't really have made a huge difference for me. 

America Chavez thoughts:
At first I thought that I wasn't going to like America Chavez, but honestly as the movie went on I warmed up to her character. Especially when she spoke spanish & called Doctor Strange "Wey" & said "La Neta" lmao that's Mexican Spanish lingo hehe. So that got me to like her a bit more. I don't think her acting was bad at all. I've read some people criticize her acting & said that it was "Disney Channel" bad & I definitely disagree. The only thing is that as someone who is not familiar with her character at all, I wish they would have explained her powers a bit more. I know she can open portals & etc, but she also has super strength from what I can tell. I feel like she could have played a bigger role in the movie in terms of fighting Wanda.

Edited by KingJay
under construction

17 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

This is BAD. Damn. 

How is a "B+" bad?

Just now, KingJay said:

How is a "B+" bad?

"2nd lowest ever for the #MCU", maybe?

21 minutes ago, KingJay said:

How is a "B+" bad?

the wiki page has it right:

A's generally are good, B's generally are shaky, and C's are terrible.

these are diehard stans who rushed out opening day; they are inclined to vote A.

I blame Michael Waldron and his awful script. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.