Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Blood Magic

I blame all the people with their "insider info" and "leaked appearances" that got our hype too high.

The hype for this movie is HUGE! And everyone is expecting a bunch of cameos. The fact we're not getting that.. well i'm not surprised people felt it was underwhelming.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• Ampersand13

• Broken

Years of hype, rumor and “spoiler” are prob the main issue for me. :rip: I build expectations way to high and expect. Let me stop watching all those theory YouTube videos.

I heard wanda served :giraffe:

the girls are acting like it has a 50 on RT, it's still mostly positive :coffee2:

7 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Usually they start higher and sink - Eternals started in the 70s and sank to high 40s. This will probably be somewhere in the 60-75 range when all is said and done. 

Sounds reasonable. Wonder why fans are gonna think. Cuz I hear too many conflicting thoughts on the pro’s and con’s. Just gonna wait to see it myself 

I don’t mind the hype train that fans build. Afterall it’s mostly nerds that expect too much. The GP don’t care about Dozens of cameos tbh. Most people I know who like the MCU movies watch it because it’s fun and are mainly just expecting variants of Docter strange and Wanda. 

Spoiler

The average viewer don’t know what an illuminati is? Professor X is the only one that the general public really knows or cares about. They are  coming into this for the idea of multiple versions of the MCU. Not fan cast and theories. We do because we use the internet all day. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

The dramatics :rip: considering how the film was reshot heavily supposedly at least most people are at least liking it. 

Movie scooping is soooooo stupid :deadbanana4: all these people fighting over who reported who's in movies first when we will see the movie eventually, so stupid 

the Lizzie praise :wanda:

The RT Consensus:

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness labors under the weight of the sprawling MCU, but Sam Raimi's distinctive direction casts an entertaining spell.

Solid. :clap3:

not this getting dragged :rip:  I can’t believe the Marvel goodwill is seemingly starting to end 

Spoiler

I think that if they were gonna have the Illuminati show up and be irrelevant and just die they should’ve at least done major characters? Maybe not ones we haven’t seen, as that would be a waste, but different variants of Ironman, Thor, Black Panther etc, the characters they did that we do know are so boring like no one cares about Captain Carter and Captain Marvel :deadbanana2: like who gives a **** is Blackbolt and Mordo die like??

4 hours ago, Nicholai said:

Raimi said that he had creative control tho. The reviews clearly agree that this is a Raimi film.

The only limit (he talked about it in a great interview) is that the directors must follow a big lore and a bigger vision about the future of the MCU. It is the price to pay for the interconnected stories. 

He definitely did not have creative control lol, those production and re-shoot rumours scream “Disney made me change sh*t” :deadbanana2: 

It's not a catastrophe and this will probably end mid 70's and it will be a hit, BUT this movie was supposed to be a HOMERUN (and an easy one).

I mean this is starring two very popular characters, they had everything to make this a Civil War level event. Also, the whole expectations and cameo things, well yes the fans have themselves and the scoopers to blame for, but you don't have a MULTIVERSE movie and act surprised when fans expect for crazy things. They opened that can of worms with the whole variant thing (Loki), alternate scenarios (What If...) and crazy cameos (NWH). Fans love this kind of stuff (see Days of Future Past) so Marvel should've known they had to deliver.

It won't be a flop nor a disaster but if this ends up being a general disappointment/letdown, Marvel needs to take a step back and rethink their strategy. Maybe they bit more of what they can chew and it's starting to get really hard to have continuity. Ever since endgame their projects have been received not very well (either critics wise or box office wise, sometimes both) except for NWH. 

I am still excited for the movie, but I am adjusting my expectations. 

America Chavez the new rose Rico I fear 

This is still gonna open to huge #s and Thor and Black Panther will do well. MCU is fine :rip: 

1 hour ago, TaylorNation said:

not this getting dragged :rip:  I can’t believe the Marvel goodwill is seemingly starting to end 

I feel like people and critics are finally waking up on catching the MCU movies being disposables and twins to the Transformers or F&F movies; I guess that people were hyped from the start because of Thanos and building to Infinity War but after that it feels like people are not connecting or caring for the Phase 4 or Disney shows and that’s why there’s no momentum, F4 and Xmen couldn’t have joined in a better time to spice up the movies.

Cant wait to watch this tomorrow, didn’t read the spoilers so I did not have any expectations; I still need to see the last 3 What if episodes do I need to see them or is the show ignored? No spoilers oleases

7 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I feel like people and critics are finally waking up on catching the MCU movies being disposables and twins to the Transformers or F&F movies; I guess that people were hyped from the start because of Thanos and building to Infinity War but after that it feels like people are not connecting or caring for the Phase 4 or Disney shows and that’s why there’s no momentum, F4 and Xmen couldn’t have joined in a better time to spice up the movies.

Cant wait to watch this tomorrow, didn’t read the spoilers so I did not have any expectations; I still need to see the last 3 What if episodes do I need to see them or is the show ignored? No spoilers oleases

the random dooming when it's at 79% on RT :bibliahh:

9 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I still need to see the last 3 What if episodes do I need to see them or is the show ignored? No spoilers oleases

Not at all. It is not connected to the show. Supreme Strange is not the evil variant we see in MoM.

32 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

It's not a catastrophe and this will probably end mid 70's and it will be a hit, BUT this movie was supposed to be a HOMERUN (and an easy one).

I mean this is starring two very popular characters, they had everything to make this a Civil War level event. Also, the whole expectations and cameo things, well yes the fans have themselves and the scoopers to blame for, but you don't have a MULTIVERSE movie and act surprised when fans expect for crazy things. They opened that can of worms with the whole variant thing (Loki), alternate scenarios (What If...) and crazy cameos (NWH). Fans love this kind of stuff (see Days of Future Past) so Marvel should've known they had to deliver.

It won't be a flop nor a disaster but if this ends up being a general disappointment/letdown, Marvel needs to take a step back and rethink their strategy. Maybe they bit more of what they can chew and it's starting to get really hard to have continuity. Ever since endgame their projects have been received not very well (either critics wise or box office wise, sometimes both) except for NWH. 

I am still excited for the movie, but I am adjusting my expectations. 

The multiverse seems to be a very convoluted thing for Marvel to execute through many films tbh.  EEAAO did it in a very simple and effective way. Easy to follow in my opinion.

Marvel has not been very clear about what is interconnected and what isn’t this phase. Kevin had to tell is in an interview days ago that Loki caused all of this.  Also for the most part every film release before this has been able to stand alone with marvel only kind of implying that the multiverse is coming. I don’t think they had a reason strategy for this. 

They’re probably saving all the big cameos for like a secret wars event…

45 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

The multiverse seems to be a very convoluted thing for Marvel to execute through many films tbh.  EEAAO did it in a very simple and effective way. Easy to follow in my opinion.

Marvel has not been very clear about what is interconnected and what isn’t this phase. Kevin had to tell is in an interview days ago that Loki caused all of this.  Also for the most part every film release before this has been able to stand alone with marvel only kind of implying that the multiverse is coming. I don’t think they had a reason strategy for this. 

They’re probably saving all the big cameos for like a secret wars event…

I think the main problem is that they don’t want to make the Disney+ series a “must”. Maybe they think it could be too much asking. Maybe they are like watch all the movies and if you want you can skip the series, which is dumb. 

I remember when NWH reviewers came out saying the plot was stupid and simplistic. And I mean it kinda was, but it ended up being the best Spider-Man film since Spider-Man 2. I don’t think this will be Eternals like. And it definitely isn’t gonna flop, that narrative is impossible as it’s opening up with over $150 million just because of pre-sales and expected Thursday and Friday numbers. Marvel just can’t lose??

Have europe and asia gotten the movie yet? or is that tomorrow?

2 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

the random dooming when it's at 79% on RT :bibliahh:

He's a DC stan (and probably a FOX-Men stan). The fuc*ing nerve :toofunny2:

OT: 80% on RT!

• ATRL Moderator

Obviously critics only mean so much when it comes to media consumption but I do hope it stabilizes in the low 80s at the very least. Those are pretty numbers :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.