Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Blood Magic

This was good, not the best Marvel movie, not the worst. It was definitely Wanda's Multiverse of Madness. 

Dr. Strange is kinda hot, ngl. :gaycat6: When he wakes up...yeah, I'm taking it. 

Spoiler

This feels very horror-ish. :psyduck: The one eye octopus, the death of the Illuminati, especially the "what mouth?" one, the jumpscare of Wanda appearing out of nowhere, Dr. Strange using a dead body as a vessel for the final fight. I was shook, tbh. :deadbanana4:

I'm happy to see Regina George was very important and of course, Wanda is the star right here. :jonnycat: Want to see more from her in the future. 

Edited by Roberto

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• Ampersand13

• Broken

Ate :wanda:

As a Wanda stan I was thoroughly entertained, if you aren’t too bad so sad (it’s probably mid for you) but 10/10 entertainment for me :wanda:

need her back as the antagonist in one of the future X-Men movies 

I'm seeing this tonight! :duca: So damn excited! 12 hours to go. :duca:

Wanda is such a bad *****, her iconic lines :jonnycat:

I was worried America would be shoehorned in, but she actually fit into the story in a natural way :clap3:

Sam Raimi ATE and I hope they bring him back for more :clap3:

Just finished watching it. I'm seeing it again tomorrow night but on first impression... idk how I feel :rip: lemme process. 

Definitely not perfect, but very different from other MCU installments. I understand why it might not be top tier MCU for most people, but as far as entertainment value goes, this was a 10/10 for me. I have only had this much fun with 3 or 4 MCU entries.

In terms of writing and characters arcs, this movie suffers from being a Strange movie instead of Wanda’s, she’s the reason why this movie exists, and has the most complete and profound arc. 

I love seeing women be these powerful beings

Spoiler

but I do think the critism that women achieving god-like powers only to be too mentally weak to control them is rooted in misogyny (think of the “woman can’t be president because she’d send us to war on her period” takes), and when you mix that with Wanda being a mother it’s even worse lol - like this woman who is meant to rule over all reality, the entire multiverse, can’t see herself doing anything more than being a mom :deadbanana2: again, I personally don’t mind this narrative if it’s done right, but I feel as though a lot of people will take issue with it. 

Didn't like it. What a trainwreck.

The first Doctor Strange was really fresh. Now I see why Scott Derickson quit this movie, what a campy mess. 

I hate when Disney does this, let a director with a vision start something but won't let him finish just because they are stubborn and want their ideas to prevail.

Had time to digest everything and it was still amazing :jonny5:

This was definitely a Wanda film rather than Doctor Strange. I am sad the story seemed to end so abruptly for Wanda... I really hope she isn't dead. She's lost everything and everyone and then just dies, it's not a great ending as a fan.

The horror elements were absolutely fantastic, they could have gone further but I think they were likely told to tone it down. The illuminati killing scene was just incredible.

I definitely think the beginning of the film was kind of stuck on after reshoots. It was bizarre. The pacing was off. It felt completely different to the rest of the film. Apparently America was meant to be introduced in No Way Home but was cut so maybe they had to reshoot to introduce the character in this film? I felt her character was weird and underwritten also. Such a convient plot point. Girl randomly shows up who can travel the multiverse... okay... I hope there's more to the story. 

As a wider MCU issue I really am now starting to crave a bigger story for Phase 4. I think we all assumed it would be the multiverse stuff but every film seems to keep it contained to it's own story. I want to know where we're going with the stories and how they all link. There's A LOT of endings from the films and TVs show they need to wrap up or bring together somehow.

Honestly I believe that this production was troubled because something about the movie felt off. 

I... wasn't really crazy about Wanda's storyline. I get it, but idk going from the end of Wandavision to this didn't feel right, think it needed some development

Went yesterday still processing how I feel.

I definitely enjoyed it along with my bf who isn’t really into superhero movie, but loved Wanda Vision. Also, my theater crowd was super into it. It’s very campy, some good humor, and a lil horror. All pluses. I liked America. VFX were questionable at times. Idk. Will take some more time and review w/spoilers when done processing

50 minutes ago, ALA said:

Honestly I believe that this production was troubled because something about the movie felt off. 

Hide contents

I... wasn't really crazy about Wanda's storyline. I get it, but idk going from the end of Wandavision to this didn't feel right, think it needed some development

It definitely was, I believe they were still doing reshoots as late as March of this year :eli:

Wanda is amazing :wanda:

I agree with the storyline critics, they could’ve done better.

Everything else is superb :wanda:

Ready for more Wanda :wanda:

• ATRL Moderator

This was... an absolute tonal mess with one of the worst scripts in the MCU.

That being said, I did enjoy Raimi's typical flair (although to those saying it was on full display, I disagree. It seemed pretty evident where the re-shoots might've been and the highly stylized camera work with the dutch angles, figurative imagery, and horror elements were too sparse.) Was I the only one that wanted it to be much weirder? Like, strip away some of the stylized editing and you aren't left with a film that is much different from a typical MCU one. Which isn't a bad thing, I'm a ride or die with this franchise, have been since seeing Iron Man in theaters as a kid. 

I know this sounds harsh, but I swear I did have a good time in the theater last night. Honestly, I just wanted more Scarlet Witch. What WandaVision did so well was explore the nuances of grief. We got to see that character develop, whereas in this film they turned her objective into a two-dimensional defining mess without exploring the complexities of morality in relation to grief. 

I also felt like some of the plot points were convoluted past the standard suspension of disbelief for this genre. 

But again, I enjoyed it, absolutely adored Elizabeth and Rachel. I will say I was kind of perplexed with some of the takes they used for Benedict's performance because it felt a bit inconsistent. I kept wondering 'was that really the best take to use from the coverage?' But he was still strong, I just know he's capable of giving a better performance. 

Okay, okay, enough of me rambling. Man, I was rooting for Wanda the entire time. Did not matter what she was doing or how she was justifying her actions, if she wanted a character dead, so did I.

I don't understand the criticism of "How did we go from Wanda at the end of Wandavision to this?" Did yall not see what she was doing at the end?

19 minutes ago, boys said:

I don't understand the criticism of "How did we go from Wanda at the end of Wandavision to this?" Did yall not see what she was doing at the end?

I totally agree.

However, I do think the original beginning was needed... it was a little too quick into fully fledged evil Wanda

Edited by nathanspears

I will say though I think this movie tackled the multiverse better than Loki did

im mad

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

she better not be dead

I gasped when 

Spoiler

Wanda emerged from that red mist and snapped Charles’s neck 

Just now, abc1990 said:

I gasped when 

Hide contents

that was so cool

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

she carried the movie

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, abc1990 said:

I gasped when 

Hide contents

The way I was rooting for her the entire time all throughout that sequence :wanda:

Spoiler

The illuminati deaths were absolutely incredible and I’m so glad Marvel let them go so brutal, but I did wish that they put up more of a fight. I mean getting John Krasinski for Reed Richards after how much the fans have hoped for it and then having him die instantly at the first instance of fight was kind of lacklustre (to be honest, I’m not sure he fit the role that well anyway though). Realistic since obviously Wanda outpowers by far, but it just felt odd going through the effort of securing a cameo like that and then having him not show anything. Same with Prof. X, though to a lesser degree because at least he got to do a little more.

Literally

Edited by nathanspears

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.