Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Blood Magic

The way Elizabeth (and Wanda) are getting praised to the heavens in every review, IT'S WHAT SHE DESERVES! :wanda:

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• Ampersand13

• Broken

4 hours ago, Almost Home said:

I didn't think they'd manage to make something worse than Wandavision but they def did

xU5cQge.gif

Every MCU show isn’t quality tv at its finest! What saves them are the BIG moments sprinkled in here and there.

Wandavison was pretty good though?  Every other shows kinda been mid to forgettable. Moonknight was saved by Oscar Issac’s performance, he is phenomenal!

Edited by chris1991

Modern marvel movies have to deal with expectations more then ever before. When civil war came out, nobody was really theorizing who or what would happen. People just went to see the film because the trailers showed hero’s fighting each other. Same here, it promised only to show the multiverse and Docter strange/Wanda  consequences from the last 2 major Marvel events. So from all the first reactions that are even slightly negative haven’t really worried me. Cuz it’s mainly that it’s a Sam rami comic book film first and a Fan pandering film 2nd.

Spoiler

And honestly seeing Wanda behave more like her comic character is fine with me. Let her straddle the line of good and bad. Let her be overpowered. She is the Scarlet witch  Now, not the soccer Mom anymore. Most of the film is in other universes, so technically it delivered on that front to. I think people just wanted to see a full film of events and characters interactions with other universes more then a docter strange/Wanda Sequel. 

I never let critics or other people’s opinion affect my perception of a movie but damn, was the movie actually that disappointing or are people overreacting?:coffee2:

wanna know what to expect tomorrow when I see it but also don’t wanna be spoiled :devil:

This movie is SO divisive on reddit, it really is something. I’m a little scared. Still excited to see it tomorrow.

35 minutes ago, Corefield said:

This movie is SO divisive on reddit, it really is something. I’m a little scared. Still excited to see it tomorrow.

Is it as divisive as BvS? 

Well, this was something... :deadbanana:

Wanda :wanda: Lizzie did a great job :clap3: Benedict too did great

that ending wasn't really my favorite. the movie felt kinda inconsistent at parts to me

I had really high expectations so maybe that was a problem

Raimi did a good job with the horror elements

need to watch it again :wanda: that was a lot

just got done watching and... it was okay.

first 20 mins or so felt super corny. The new America girl was serving Disney channel acting.

not a huge fan of all the magic tbh. makes it boring if anyone can just be super powerful just coz magic.

Strange and Wanda were great to watch as usual tho.

Just watched it and I actually really enjoyed it. The horror elements caught off guard. The plot is bland like most MCU movies but Raimi did a good job with it.

Spoiler

Mr. Fantastic had me shook. I fully expected to see Charles but Reed caught off guard.

Also the way Wanda killed the Illuminati :wanda:I never expected Marvel/Disney to go that far so I was pleasantly surprised.

Also, Charlize :wanda:

Not my theater cheering when 

Spoiler

Wanda massacre as each Illuminati, queen **** :ahh: 

Plot wise

Spoiler

I liked they went with the villainous side of Wanda, but it does not fit in with the narrative of WV were she realized she was doing the wrong thing without killing thousands like here. Although I guess it is probably related to the Darkhold.

As for the future

Spoiler

Did we hear from any official source whether Wanda is actually dead or will come back eventually? Elizabeth here was incredible, and the character is too rich for us to lose her so soon. Also we still need the twins for Young Avengers.

This movie is 6/10 for me. The beginning is atrocious tbh. Middle is ok and the final act is just ok too. You better slow down the hype if it’s higher than the sky.

13 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Not my theater cheering when 

Reveal hidden contents

Wanda massacre as each Illuminati, queen **** :ahh: 

Plot wise

Reveal hidden contents

I liked they went with the villainous side of Wanda, but it does not fit in with the narrative of WV were she realized she was doing the wrong thing without killing thousands like here. Although I guess it is probably related to the Darkhold.

As for the future

Reveal hidden contents

Did we hear from any official source whether Wanda is actually dead or will come back eventually? Elizabeth here was incredible, and the character is too rich for us to lose her so soon. Also we still need the twins for Young Avengers.

Spoiler

She will comeback. She sign for 7 more appearances last month. And will most likely be in Agatha Harkness on Disney + next year 

Ya'll are ruining it for me.. 

I thought it would be epic :doc:

Just watched the movie, it was fun! The only people that would be disappointed is the same people that didn´t like Wandavision because it didn´t have Nightmare, Mephisto, and other reddit "leaks" :ace: , so yeah, if you go blind with no expectations you´ll have a good time.

Bit of a let down! Had no idea Wanda was gonna be the villain. Kinda felt like a standard Marvel blockbuster version of Wandavision. 

This was actually cool? A love letter to horror movies and Stephen King! There’s very clear references to several films like Carrie, The Shining, Nosferatu, Drag me to hell and Evil Dead.

Overall it fell overstuffed but for once the villain had a reason to be evil and had development and then there’s also consequences at the end, not like nothing mattered.

VFX is still kinda wonky and they are overusing the new screen technology but still it works, Sam Raimi redeemed!

The cameos were cute but tbh they were the icing on the cake, we could have been done good without them. Also I don’t find this divisive, like how?

Also this was better than NWH.

Movie is Amazing. it's in the upper tier of Marvel movies, and is probably the most comic book film since Endgame. im not sure what some of the divisive Reddits are talking about. this is what a Docter strange film should be. guess it's because Mephisto YouTube theorist and scoopers having unrealistic cameos. there are still multiple cameos and surprises and Wanda Stan's are gonna eat. gonna post a review after my 2nd viewing tonight. 

SCARLET WITCH IS THE MOMENT :wanda:

its literally Wanda's movie :wanda:

Spoiler

when she was trapped in the mirror, and then used her reflections to escape that was really scary and satisfying

Spoiler

so is 616-Wanda dead? are we getting movies with her on the other universe where mutants exist?

the chavez girl was, yeah, she was something. kinda wished that:

Spoiler

wanda diced/obliterated chavez or throws her in hell 

excited for more wanda in the future

it was cuteeee it was funnnnn

wanda carried

but yeah all the theories and "leaks" did give the movie too high expectations

Whew just watched it and Wanda gave what needed to be given :jonny5:

Spoiler

The way she stomped strange each and every time :dies:

I hope 616 Wanda isn’t dead.

The real question is

Spoiler

Who is the father of the Earth 833 twins? Vision? Was he not a robot in that timeline?

Absolutely amazing movie! I was low-key hoping Wanda wouldn’t be the main villain but she ******* stomped on everybody! ******* incredible seeing her fully being the Scarlet Witch! Seeing her floating and casting spells was top notch ****!

Seeing Jhon Krasinski as Reed was absolutely incredible! But seeing Patrick as Charles was honestly a movie highlight!, it’s funny how as of lately he’s been killed by the crazy Ginger lol? First Jean and now Wanda, sis can’t win. Now we know that mutants and fantastic 4  will exist on different version of earth, curious to see how that will play out in the long term.

The ending was brutal, I knew they wouldn’t defeat Wanda using power, but seeing her variant and her kids being so afraid of her was shocking. She was in so much pain and agony, my poor thing :( I don’t think she’s dead tho, she’s the Scarlet Witch after all but I’m curious to see how she’s gonna be that powerful in the future without the darkhold. I do believe she’s still going to create the mutants tho of be an essential part in their introduction.

Spoiler

They should’ve kept her a villain and gave her the redemption in her solo movies, I absolutely hate radical character changes. This woman literally killed an entire troop of soldiers, killed the Illuminati, was going to kill a child, and then saw her kids crying for one second and just did a 360. :deadbanana2:

Marvel films are infamous for being too long, but I actually think a 2 hour 30-40 minute runtime would’ve done this movie well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.